[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hello Prema, I would like to congratulate you the great job that you've done with your mods. You rule man! :) I flashed my Clevo W230ST with your bios and it runs great, although I have one question - can you please tell me how to change the bios logo? Since Clevo is completely free from any manufacturer logos, I decided to customize it with my own marks. I already did this under screen and on the lid, and now the only thing that left is bios...

Cheers!

Hello Prema, I would like to congratulate you the great job that you've done with your mods. You rule man! :) I flashed my Clevo W230ST with your bios and it runs great, although I have one question - can you please tell me how to change the bios logo? Since Clevo is completely free from any manufacturer logos, I decided to customize it with my own marks. I already did this under screen and on the lid, and now the only thing that left is bios...

Cheers!

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/3119-%5Bbios-mods%5D-prema-mod-latest-stock-bios-122.html#post79839

I've been using your bios a while now and must say it is excellent. However i've come across an interesting overclocking quirk. The laptop (p150em, v2-k2-2T bios) is normally only stable up to 105.06-105.2MHz but if I restart the computer it is stable up to 106.6MHz but if I try booting with 106.6 left on in xtu once xtu loads the system freezes and next boot I have to go up to 105 restart and then go up to 106, any ideas why this happens? P.S. Im using the bclk because I have an i7-3630qm (though I got my 1600MHz RAM up to 1921MHz)

That's just a high BCLK OC, so the inbuilt watchdog decides that it isn't stable...you could try to update XTU and see if it handles it differently...

Prema just a question, regarding my P370SM do you think it is better for me to flash the Clevo BIOS and do some tests along with the custom vBIOS from slv7? I never oc'ed any computer in my life so it will be a first time for me.. But I believe that to really enjoy my system at its maximum I should flash bios custom bios with vBIOS.. What do you think?

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

Prema just a question, regarding my P370SM do you think it is better for me to flash the Clevo BIOS and do some tests along with the custom vBIOS from slv7? I never oc'ed any computer in my life so it will be a first time for me.. But I believe that to really enjoy my system at its maximum I should flash bios custom bios with vBIOS.. What do you think?

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

No worries, people here can guide you, the BIOS won't change anything on it's own (except of being up to date and give you more choices).

Hi Prema,

Please help.. :'( i brick my P570WM.

Here is the scenario:

I'm using your modded bios v2 that can detect 6990m,everything went fine. But now that i upgraded to 780m, i want to reflash the bios using v2 that i downloaded from your web. I flash it using afuwin under win 7 x64, when it comes yo erasing main block, my p570wm shutdown suddenly. And ofcourse it caused brick.

i've tried using your recovery method, fn+B, rename v2 bios file to WM014.ROM and/or 27WM.ROM. all i can get is only hdd led flashing followed by fat32 fdd led flashed about 5sec, yes the system did auto restart, but the recovery dont show, screen black not even turned on.

Is there any workaroud other than changing the physical bios chip?

My system are:

P570WM

i7 3970X

32GB 1600 C9

GTX 780M x1

OCZ Vertex450 256G

HGST 1TB 5400rpm

Prema mod v2 bios

780m 'OC version' vbios

Hi Prema,

Please help.. :'( i brick my P570WM.

Here is the scenario:

I'm using your modded bios v2 that can detect 6990m,everything went fine. But now that i upgraded to 780m, i want to reflash the bios using v2 that i downloaded from your web. I flash it using afuwin under win 7 x64, when it comes yo erasing main block, my p570wm shutdown suddenly. And ofcourse it caused brick.

i've tried using your recovery method, fn+B, rename v2 bios file to WM014.ROM and/or 27WM.ROM. all i can get is only hdd led flashing followed by fat32 fdd led flashed about 5sec, yes the system did auto restart, but the recovery dont show, screen black not even turned on.

Is there any workaroud other than changing the physical bios chip?

My system are:

P570WM

i7 3970X

32GB 1600 C9

GTX 780M x1

OCZ Vertex450 256G

HGST 1TB 5400rpm

Prema mod v2 bios

780m 'OC version' vbios

DO NOT USE OLD BIOS OR EC!

DO NOT ALTER THE FLASH FILES!

DO NOT FLASH IN WINDOWS!

:17_002:

That being said, just to confirm: You where already using v2 and flashed v2 again, but through your own commands in Windows with Afuwin!?

You where not flashing the current v3!?

You where not flashing any EC!?

Correct?

Well, thank you prema for your email, you really care do you?:love_heart:

The machine is still not working. Resetting the cmos for 30 minutes (pressed a few times on the power on button to remove all the electricity) doesn't work and it also doesn't start when all the hdd's and optical drive are removed. Just the same boot loop, even the backlight wouldn't power up. It also can't be overheating because i put some thermal pads on the pch to have contact with the keyboard so it doesn't gets 100 degrees celcius and i modded the gpu heatsink so it has more pressure so the gpu won't get any hotter than 80 degrees celcius.

So maybe the bios bricked itself? Because it are very unusual settings... I had the quiet ec (flashed about 2 times between ec's to see which is better for mee) so i also had the right ec. If the company refuses to repair this problem because i opened it i will reprogram the bios chip with my TL866 (i have some converters) and de/resolder the chip to the motherboard with a Aoyue 968A+. It do was a very nice bios with a nice boot screen.

(BTW, i'm in holland. I which timezone are you prema? And what is the timezone of techinferno?)

DO NOT USE OLD BIOS OR EC!

DO NOT ALTER THE FLASH FILES!

DO NOT FLASH IN WINDOWS!

:17_002:

That being said, just to confirm: You where already using v2 and flashed v2 again, but through your own commands in Windows with Afuwin!?

You where not flashing the current v3!?

You where not flashing any EC!?

Correct?

Thanks for reply.

Well actually it's a long story. I did flash v3 but because several issue i flash back to v2, both EC and Bios flashed back successfully to v2.

And then recently i flash my 780m vbios using 'OC version' from svl7

Yes, i usually flash using afuwin and usually everything went fine. But then this time, in the middle of erasing main block, computer shutdown.

so the last state of my bios when it's brick is .10 v2 and .8 EC v2.

Well, thank you prema for your email, you really care do you?:love_heart:

The machine is still not working. Resetting the cmos for 30 minutes (pressed a few times on the power on button to remove all the electricity) doesn't work and it also doesn't start when all the hdd's and optical drive are removed. Just the same boot loop, even the backlight wouldn't power up. It also can't be overheating because i put some thermal pads on the pch to have contact with the keyboard so it doesn't gets 100 degrees celcius and i modded the gpu heatsink so it has more pressure so the gpu won't get any hotter than 80 degrees celcius.

So maybe the bios bricked itself? Because it are very unusual settings... I had the quiet ec (flashed about 2 times between ec's to see which is better for mee) so i also had the right ec. If the company refuses to repair this problem because i opened it i will reprogram the bios chip with my TL866 (i have some converters) and de/resolder the chip to the motherboard with a Aoyue 968A+. It do was a very nice bios with a nice boot screen.

(BTW, i'm in holland. I which timezone are you prema? And what is the timezone of techinferno?)

I am not in Europe...T|I timezone can be set according to your location. ;)

TBH, it should not be possible to brick the Notebook that way. The only part it writes values to is the CMOS, which should get re-written during after a reset.

I have seen a scenario on my W11 where it got into a boot loop for no obvious reason and CMOS reset didn't help either.

The only thing that got it out of it was using a different RAM brand for one boot session.

Let me know if you decide to go the programming route and I'll get you running ME and BIOS chip dumps. ;)

Thanks for reply.

Well actually it's a long story. I did flash v3 but because several issue i flash back to v2, both EC and Bios flashed back successfully to v2.

And then recently i flash my 780m vbios using 'OC version' from svl7.

Yes, i usually flash using afuwin and usually everything went fine. But then this time, in the middle of erasing main block, computer shutdown.

so the last state of my bios is .10 v2 and .8 EC.

(Sidenote: The EC can't be flashed in Windows at all as it is not from Ami and directly hosted in the KBC)

With v10 BIOS, try these file names for the FN+B method:

27WM014.ROM

27WM.ROM

270WM.ROM

P270WM.ROM

If doesn't help we can get someone to sent you a pre-programed BIOS chip for a few bucks...

Well, i'll let you know if i am going to reflash te chip with my bios flasher. I will send than the data that is on the bios chip so you can maybe look what's wrong with it and fix it so other users won't get the same issue if it a bios issue. But if you can send some working bios and em dumps then it would be great!

Well, i'll let you know if i am going to reflash te chip with my bios flasher. I will send than the data that is on the bios chip so you can maybe look what's wrong with it and fix it so other users won't get the same issue if it a bios issue. But if you can send some working bios and em dumps then it would be great!

Stupid question, but you tried booting just on battery without PSU, right?

I have send you running chip dumps for re-programming to your mail!

Good Luck! :)

P.S. Did you buy from Xenom? I am planning to go to Indonesia and check out Borobudur ;)

What is the changelog from the 32_31?

A big hug mate :D

Since you asked:

They renamed all AMD Radeon HD 8970M >>> AMD Radeon R9 M290X :beat_brick:

I won't waste my time re-building the whole Mod for that scam...

Well,

At first, the 8970m ----> r9 m290x scam: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA i do have a 8970m so i have a free upgrade on the name :P

I tried to boot on the battery and on the psu. On the battery it won't do a boot loop but just turn off after the first boot and if you push the power button again you get the same so that's hopeless. On the psu the laptop keeps looping until you put it of, also very hopless.

I also tryed to boot with ram from my acer which is 2x4GB ddr3 1333mhz but that also doesn't work.

I bought the laptop from BTO which is from N4ALL. It is the 15CL57, they don't have it on their site anymore because they have delivery problems but i think that if they put a new motheboard in it they just put a P150SM motherboard in it because they are just the same, aren't they?

And thanks for the bios dumps, i hope that bto will just install a new motherboard and otherwise i will try your bios dump files :)

Well it looks like it tries to apply invalid settings, then it should see that they are invalid and reset to dafault and reboot.

Looks like for some reason it doesn't get that they are not working and tries them again.

Try to do some thing that is really invalid to force a reset. Like booting without dGPU.

Yeah the boards are same afaik...

Well, the laptop is already picked up by dhl and today it should arrive at bto. I don't want remove the dGPU or something like that because it will likely void my warranty and if i break something.... But opening laptops is just designed to let it do by me because i can disassemble and assemble laptops very good so i'm not scared to open it. If they refuse to give warranty i will open it up until it works again because my warranty is already gone so i don't have something to loose :P But it does really looks like it wants to load the "bad" settings and ofcourse the laptop fails because the settings aren't working so it shuts down and starts again to retry the whole procedure. But first i'm going to wait what BTO is going to do with the problem. And my parents also don't like it if i open up new stuff (i do payed it all myself) of €1400 so i'm first going to do the official procedure and then i'm going to do the bauto601 procedure: soldering, shouting and disassembling until it works :P

That's just a high BCLK OC, so the inbuilt watchdog decides that it isn't stable...you could try to update XTU and see if it handles it differently...

I have XTU up to date so it must just be how it handles it, it cant go from 105 to 106 in the same boot at all though, no matter how much time is left between the increase but restart using the windows shutdown menu works as long as it is at 105 when i restart it. It's just a weird quirk.

@Zero.EXE That's the highest BCLK on a laptop I've ever heard of. Lucky for you too since you have locked multipliers.

Sure is lucky, the cpu seems fine and it could go higher but the gpu gets dropped at 107 so i dont know how i'd go about fixing that.

nyj2x5.png

Sure is lucky, the cpu seems fine and it could go higher but the gpu gets dropped at 107 so i dont know how i'd go about fixing that.

If you have an AMD GPU you can force it to run at PCI-E 2.0 instead of 3.0. I have to do that to run BCLK over 103.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} in regedit. Then find whatever 000x folder corresponds to the latest driver install. Change the value of "DisablePCIEGen3Support" from 0 to 1, then either restart or disable/enable the 7970m in the device manager and you're now running pci-e 2.0.

The only negative of running 2.0 instead of 3.0 is you can no longer run old stuff like 3dm03 over 1000fps.

• Thumbs Up 1

(Sidenote: The EC can't be flashed in Windows at all as it is not from Ami and directly hosted in the KBC)

With v10 BIOS, try these file names for the FN+B method:

27WM014.ROM

27WM.ROM

270WM.ROM

P270WM.ROM

If doesn't help we can get someone to sent you a pre-programed BIOS chip for a few bucks...

Hi Prema. thanks to your help! my P570WM is working again :Banane21:

The recovery procedure a bit different

first, the working filename is 27WM014.rom (case sensitive, i never tried with uppercase ext.)

i boot using flashdisk, pressing Fn + B and before it restarted, the recovery mode shown. after restart, it worked normally. :Banane10:

i wonder, is it have different recovery filename for every bios version? or.. because of firmware ID is 27WM0014, so the recovery filename 27WM014 (minus one '0')??

psst.. man, so you are planning to go to here, Indonesia? i think i can join you to Borobudur since i graduated this month and will have a loooong holidays :13_002:

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic