[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

In the first post you mentioned that "

• P1x0EM: IF THE CURRENT SYSTEM BIOS / EC IS 1.00.03 OR EARLIER, IT IS MANDATORY TO UPDATE TO 1.00.04 BEFORE USING THIS MOD! "

Where can I find this update and how do i go about doing it?

Should i be using P150EM_17_11_PM_v2.rar or P150EM_17_11_Stock.rar ?

Stock is the original Clevo BIOS, PM is the Prema Mod BIOS.

We don't need to use Stock files first and can use the Mods directly (except in the one case above).

I can provide you with BIOS/EC v4 but if your current BIOS/EC are already higher it will brick your Notebook to downgrade to v4.

v4 is ONLY for people whose BIOS/EC is v1.00.03 or lower!!!

Stock is the original Clevo BIOS, PM is the Prema Mod BIOS.

We don't need to use Stock files first and can use the Mods directly (except in the one case above).

I can provide you with BIOS/EC v4 but if your current BIOS/EC are already higher it will brick your Notebook to downgrade to v4.

v4 is ONLY for people whose BIOS/EC is v1.00.03 or lower!!!

I checked the BIOS and here are the info copied directly from there,

MB Series : P150EMx

BIOS Revision: 1.02.17RCL

KBC/EC firmware Revision 1.02.11

I wish to use the gtx 680m oc vbios as well as the prema mod bios, can you tell me how to proceed from here?

I checked the BIOS and here are the info copied directly from there,

MB Series : P150EMx

BIOS Revision: 1.02.17RCL

KBC/EC firmware Revision 1.02.11

I wish to use the gtx 680m oc vbios as well as the prema mod bios, can you tell me how to proceed from here?

Create a bootable pendrive:

FLASHING GUIDE | Prema Mod

Use the Mod for your system from the OP according to the location of your Windows key and follow the incl. readme file:

P-EM Regular Version > Win key on the right & FULL FAN = FN+9

P-EM K2 VERSION > Win key on the left & FULL FAN = FN+1

As your BIOS/EC is already up-to-date you can flash the vBIOS before or after the main BIOS Mod.

ENJOY!

Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad english. Can i use that mod bios in form to update my stock bios? Because i'm having some problems with my GPU (Radeon 8970M) and i couldn't find the updated bios in the Eurocom site (ran Speccy and it says Eurocom Racer 2.0 as motherboard).

The problems with my dedicated GPU are that i can't use it, i'm using the onboard GPU, Intel HD Graphics 4000. The current drivers of the ATI are the last ones, updated. No yellow exclamation points are shown in the device manager, only when i deactivate the onboard drivers, both exclamation points appears, on the onboard and offboard GPUs.

post-20781-14494996684742_thumb.png

post-20781-14494996685058_thumb.png

post-20781-14494996685307_thumb.png

My current bios is 1.02.17

KBC-EC firmware revision: 1.02.11

MB Series: P150EMx

VGA Card: empty

I've reinstalled WIN 8.1 three times, updated the chipset and GPU drivers. The bios update is my last hope. Thanks.

Oh.. I realised im unable to download it yet? perhaps due to insufficient posts..

Anyway, my processor is i7 - 3610QM 2.3Ghz, will i be able to overclock it?

You will gain BCLK overclock capabillities with the Mod through Intel XTU Software. :)

Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad english. Can i use that mod bios in form to update my stock bios? Because i'm having some problems with my GPU (Radeon 8970M) and i couldn't find the updated bios in the Eurocom site (ran Speccy and it says Eurocom Racer 2.0 as motherboard).

The problems with my dedicated GPU are that i can't use it, i'm using the onboard GPU, Intel HD Graphics 4000. The current drivers of the ATI are the last ones, updated. No yellow exclamation points are shown in the device manager, only when i deactivate the onboard drivers, both exclamation points appears, on the onboard and offboard GPUs.

My current bios is 1.02.17

KBC-EC firmware revision: 1.02.11

MB Series: P150EMx

VGA Card: empty

I've reinstalled WIN 8.1 three times, updated the chipset and GPU drivers. The bios update is my last hope. Thanks.

Your BIOS is the latest stock BIOS/EC. Your 8970M has mostly the wrong vBIOS version made for non switching graphics systems like the P370.

Please check your current vBIOS version for the dGPU in GPU-Z.

GPU-Z with GPU Caps closed:

5vx.png

GPU-Z with GPU Caps open:

25g.png

b32.png

The thing is, i coudn't open GPU-Z alone, when i've clicked to open the program, went to infinite loading. When i was looking for an alternate program (the GPU Caps), i installed and ran the the GPU Caps, the gpu-z finally opens. Besides, the GPU Caps rans smoothly, the GPU-Z i had some bottleneck.

GPU-Z with GPU Caps closed:

The thing is, i coudn't open GPU-Z alone, when i've clicked to open the program, went to infinite loading. When i was looking for an alternate program (the GPU Caps), i installed and ran the the GPU Caps, the gpu-z finally opens. Besides, the GPU Caps rans smoothly, the GPU-Z i had some bottleneck.

If it is the regular 4GB Clevo card, flash the attached vBIOS version (On your EM system you'll have to use ATI Winflash to gain acces to the SPI). Make sure to backup your current vBIOS first.

Hi Prema!

I have P170SM, did you create mod for that version? I can see only for P170EM. Especially I'm looking for mod with unlocked VT-x option :)

Greetings from Poland :)

I did, but it's not yet released...while VT is enabled by default, VT-d also requires CPU support (4800+) ;)

P1xSM_HD8970_BR44465.003.rar

I did, but it's not yet released...while VT is enabled by default, VT-d also requires CPU support (4800+) ;)

Not really, I have Intel Core i7-4700MQ and he support VT-x but is disable. I try install virtual machine x64 but in VMware Player I've got error: "This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Any idea how enable that?

Not really, I have Intel Core i7-4700MQ and he support VT-x but is disable. I try install virtual machine x64 but in VMware Player I've got error: "This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Any idea how enable that?

Basic Virtualization Technology shows as enabled in BIOS, that's all I can see...if it doesn't work we'll have to see if it can be fixed...

(Also VT-d and VT-x are two different things. While the HM78 Chipset supports VT-d the the 4700qm is lacking support).

Basic Virtualization Technology shows as enabled in BIOS, that's all I can see...if it doesn't work we'll have to see if it can be fixed...

hmmm... maybe BIOS for P170SM he does not support VT-x from Intel or I just have old version?

(Also VT-d and VT-x are two different things. The 4700qm is lacking VT-d).

Yes, but I just need VT-x :)

hmmm... maybe BIOS for P170SM he does not support VT-x from Intel or I just have old version?

Yes, but I just need VT-x :)

As I said it VT-x is enabled. If you are using Win8.x you have to disable Hyper-V in order to use it:

To turn Hyper-V "Feature" off open "Control Panel -> "Programs" -> "Turn Windows features on or off" (under "Programs and Features") and locate "Hyper-V", uncheck, reboot.

(Also the latest Stock BIOS is in the OP of this thread and on my blog);)

As I said it VT-x is enabled. If you are using Win8.x you have to disable Hyper-V in order to use it:

Hyper-V "Feature" off. Open "Control Panel -> "Programs" -> "Turn Windows features on or off" (under "Programs and Features") and locate "Hyper-V", uncheck, reboot. ;)

I know that :) you can't install VMware Player when you have enable Hyper-V :) maybe the problem lies in the fact that I'm using Windows 8 not 8.1?

No idea, maybe it's disabled in your version of the BIOS, so first try to update...

If that doesn't help wait for the Mod, which will allow you to disable VT-d, which may interfere with VT-x with CPUs that do not support it (VT-d).

PREMA,

Is it possible to add multipliers into the BIOS? This would be for Linux that has crap for hardware support outside of the BIOS. Would be helpful since I do all my compiling/building in Linux.

Thanks

The whole W-Series and all P-SM model Mods will have them in BIOS, but the P-EM are lacking the required BIOS menu Framework to expose them. The only thing we can do is to find ideal values via Intel XTU and then hardcode those into BIOS for other OS.

The whole W-Series and all P-SM model Mods will have them in BIOS, but the P-EM are lacking the required BIOS menu Framework to expose them. The only thing we can do is to find ideal values via Intel XTU and then hardcode those into BIOS for other OS.

:20_003:im so happy to hear that Prema Im running to your Blog [http://biosmods.wordpress.com/] to spend you another Bier:Banane44:

If it is the regular 4GB Clevo card, flash the attached vBIOS version (On your EM system you'll have to use ATI Winflash to gain acces to the SPI). Make sure to backup your current vBIOS first.

I did what you said, following this tutorial:

Got an error message, 0 adapter not found.

I can't believe they sent me a new laptop with a dead GPU:( Or am i jumping to conclusions?

Is it time to send the PC to the RMA?

I did what you said, following this tutorial:

Got an error message, 0 adapter not found.

I can't believe they sent me a new laptop with a dead GPU:( Or am i jumping to conclusions?

Is it time to send the PC to the RMA?

No, that's an WinFlash problem with your system in general, it doesn't get access. Try to make sure the GPU is enabled by running GPU-Z and switching to it.

Usually the latest win version is known to work now, otherwise maybe try the DOS version instead, but it's suppose not to work.

PREMA, is the last p150EM bios compatible with w8.1 ?

Or i have to use the stock one?

You will be fine with either one of them. Just make sure to select Win8 (enable UEFI is optional) and install the security keys via BIOS.

OP updated with latest stock BIOS for P570WM3 (3D)!

ENJOY!

Where i can find the newest file for nexoc g513

That's a Clevo P15xSM and the Mod is still under development...

Just to confirm the P151em1 bios doesnt allow for overclocking the i7-3630QM? Thanks

You will gain overclock for the BCLK via Intel XTU (Multi x BCLK = Mhz).

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic