[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Can't update ME Firmware. Any way you can make a flash version?

ME9 is only for Haswell (2013 Systems), yours is ME8 ;)

Hi.

My little monster have just 34xx pkt in 3dmark11. There is with i7-4800mq. Imnlooking solutions but i dont find. I have Prema Bios. Looks good. ;)

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

On your model it's all in Intel XTU:

https://downloadcenter.intel.<wbr>com/SearchResult.aspx?keyword=<wbr>%22%22extreme+tuning+utility%<wbr>22%22

For the GPU use svl7 vBIOS Mod ;)

Me9 or me8 which different its? Model 2013? What do you mean?

ME 8: PxxxEMx, WxxxEx, P57WMx...

ME 9: PxxxSMx, WxxxSx...

THX man! :)

BIOS v6 is already outdated...will update to v1.03.xx base once my new motherboard comes in...

It tries to run RAM @ 2133Mhz on boot but will use stock clocks if it doesn't work. You can also reduce it manually if you desire:

Tutorials | Prema Mod

Thanks for your reply. It seemed that my RAM succeeded in running @ 2133MHz. But will that cause any harm to my RAM or my system? Will it be stable?

Hello,

Is there a Bios being worked on for the W350/70ST's? I am of course not looking for an ETA, just curious if we can expect one at all? No rush of course :smug:

Thanks for everything you do for the community!

I found solutions. Just this cpu is to powerfully. By Xtu i change multi.. what is where the core we can change... however x34 but still 85*C, fir best x32 and we have under 80*C. (default is x37 but temperature still 60*c-70*c in stock, when work fast 90*c or more) and is okey. I thinks so, the i7-4702mq is the best choice for this platform. What do you think?

hey @Prema, got anything for this?

Just wait... ;)

Thanks for your reply. It seemed that my RAM succeeded in running @ 2133MHz. But will that cause any harm to my RAM or my system? Will it be stable?

It won't harm the system as it uses the same voltage to reach the higher clocks, you should run something like memtest86+ to see if its 100% error free.

Hello,

Is there a Bios being worked on for the W350/70ST's? I am of course not looking for an ETA, just curious if we can expect one at all? No rush of course :smug:

Thanks for everything you do for the community!

Just wait... ;)

Hey prema, I know this is a bios mod for clevo machines, but is there any chance you'd be willing/able to make a modded bios for the Gigabyte P34G?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

If earth moves a bit further away from the sun and we gain let's say an extra 12h a day then maybe...sorry no time buddy. ;)

I found solutions. Just this cpu is to powerfully. By Xtu i change multi.. what is where the core we can change... however x34 but still 85*C, fir best x32 and we have under 80*C. (default is x37 but temperature still 60*c-70*c in stock, when work fast 90*c or more) and is okey. I thinks so, the i7-4702mq is the best choice for this platform. What do you think?

I managed to crash the stock PSU with 4702MQ and 100mV undervolt with OVed GPU, so yeah less is sometimes more...

But try to only undervolt the CPU in XTU, my Mod adds also additional voltage settings for it...

Thank you for this :)

I'm excited to see if this BIOS does anything for my W370ET.

My computer is made by a danish company called MM-Vision, and is based on the W370ET.

There is only one model by this name, right? So I won't get the wrong BIOS :)

Thank you for this :)

I'm excited to see if this BIOS does anything for my W370ET.

My computer is made by a danish company called MM-Vision, and is based on the W370ET.

There is only one model by this name, right? So I won't get the wrong BIOS :)

Just use the version according to your screens resolution.

ENJOY! :)

Hey Prema,

I have a difficult problem with my P170SM. It's not a bios from you, because you didn't provide P170SM bios yet. But maybe you have a deeper understand of the material.

I updated both ec (from 1.00.D2) and bios to 1.03.01

But after AC disconnect, it reverts back to 1.00.D2 --- I tried several EC Firmware, it always works, and it displays in bios the new ec version. But after I disconnect AC, it downgrades full automatically back to 1.00.D2. I have no clue how is this possible.

Any idea ?

Ive never had such a problem in the past and have no clue, how to solve this problem.

What can I do, that the new version remains, after ac loss ?

my ec flash parameter are: ELASH11.EXE eP17SM06.bin /ad /h3

should I change something ? I just use ecflash.bat

thanks in advance for any help!

Hey Prema,

I have a difficult problem with my P170SM. It's not a bios from you, because you didn't provide P170SM bios yet. But maybe you have a deeper understand of the material.

I updated both ec (from 1.00.D2) and bios to 1.03.01

But after AC disconnect, it reverts back to 1.00.D2 --- I tried several EC Firmware, it always works, and it displays in bios the new ec version. But after I disconnect AC, it downgrades full automatically back to 1.00.D2. I have no clue how is this possible.

Any idea ?

Ive never had such a problem in the past and have no clue, how to solve this problem.

What can I do, that the new version remains, after ac loss ?

my ec flash parameter are: ELASH11.EXE eP17SM06.bin /ad /h3

should I change something ? I just use ecflash.bat

thanks in advance for any help!

These models have two ECs.

One, depending on model, either shared and hosted on the BIOS chip or on an additional KBC_SPI and one Master EC directly within the keyboard controller. Clevo made this choice as the EC in keyboard controller allows for much faster communication then the regular SPI chips.

The slave EC is mostly used for LED lighting control etc...

Your system has a very old Development version EC (Dx) which has an automatic overwrite function to reflash the slave on its own. Such a system should not have been sold to ed-user anyway, but apparently they sold quite a bunch of them this year.

So we have to try to get that second EC updated manually, please make yourself useful around here and reach 5 posts and then PM me about it.

This is as much as I know on the bios:

Just an FYI that Sager now has the latest bios & EC for the NP8250/8255.

Please reach out to your reseller or Sager directly to obtain this.

Clevo just provided them the version they need for Sager brand.

Versions will be:

BIOS 1.03.01 and EC 1.03.01

The non-Sager/Generic Clevo version has been out since around the 27th and is the same version but again, please get from your seller if you're machine is not Sager branded as they may have made adjustments to it for your system.

This version officially provide 8.1 support though honestly I had no problems running 8.1 on .09 bios neither after restoring default on secure boot element.

Some notes:

Before doing the bios update please do a "Load defaults" on your bios. After which Intel anti-theft needs to be disabled.

The bios update will require EC to be updated first.

After that machine will need to be unplugged for 10+ seconds (it will power off by itself)

Next boot up and flash bios following instructions provided with bios.

The bios file itself includes ME update, iGPU update, Intel raid update and system firmware.

Due to the number of updates after all is finished please power the machine off, wait 10 seconds, just as you did with EC (though this time AC power can remain on) and power back on. The machine will look to freeze or fail booting initially but don't be alarmed as this is normal so please do not touch until it's finished.

After that is done, reboot and go back into bios and set your settings back how you want (if UEFI on and Secure Boot was previously enabled etc.)

What I mean is that version BIOS/EC don't solve his problem.

As I said there is a second EC and on his system it is flashed with a Development version, which was not supposed to be sold and prevents any EC updates as they will be simply overwritten by it on reboot (after Power State Change).

These models have two ECs.

One, depending on model, either shared and hosted on the BIOS chip or on an additional KBC_SPI and one Master EC directly within the keyboard controller. Clevo made this choice as the EC in keyboard controller allows for much faster communication then the regular SPI chips.

The slave EC is mostly used for LED lighting control etc...

Your system has a very old Development version EC (Dx) which has an automatic overwrite function to reflash the slave on its own. Such a system should not have been sold to ed-user anyway, but apparently they sold quite a bunch of them this year.

So we have to try to get that second EC updated manually, please make yourself useful around here and reach 5 posts and then PM me about it.

Hey Prema,

thanks for the answer and the information!

I don't find any documentation about parameters or configs of the clevo tool ELASH11.EXE, so I don't know, which parameter to pass with it, to flash the second ec.

As far as I know, it should be maybe possible with afudos and the /E Flag, but I have no clue how to tell afudos to fill the second ec.

It's always complicated, when things are not mainline and very bad documented.

do you have an idea, how to flash a second ec ? Which tool and parameter whould be necessary ? So I can read a little documentation about it

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic