[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Well everything not 1:1 will create a wrong image, (zoomed in or out)

It's also not meant to be smooth, but have that zen style texture to it:

post-1023-14494995619537_thumb.jpg

Anyway I appreciate your criticism and will definitely sent you the next Logo for testing iaTa! :)

EDIT: 2nd OP updated with 20 Mods for the W-Series, bringing it up to 42 new Prema Mods for 12 Clevo Models.

Have fun & ENJOY! :)

Hey prema,

i have some strange issues on my system with 1.05. The cpu is not getting higher than 2,78GHz. I think this is caused by too much tdp on the core. If i flash back to 1.04 with new me, the system is running well with o/c. Any idea?

Here are my specs:

Schenker XMG P702 (Clevo P170EM)

Intel i7-QBC1-ES@4*3,9GHz

Nvidia 675MX@850/1250(=5000)MHz

2*8 GB DDR3-1866 Corsair Vengeance

Samsung SSD 840pro 256GB

Samsung SSD 840pro 512GB

Samsung SSD 840 500GB

Plextor SSD PX-256M5M mSATA 256GB

Using Intel XTU 4.1.0.12

post-11642-14494995624227_thumb.png

P.S:

sorry for bad english skill. ;)

edit:

i'll try now the 2T-Version.

edit2:

same issue with 2t-version. :(

Those values are entirely out of spec, better uninstall that specific XTU version, clear the cmos and watch the multi with Throttlestop while not using the dGPU. Also what is HWinfo64 reporting in the μCU window?

Here is a tested XTU version for afterwards:

XTU

Tested with XTU from clevo (4.0.6.17) at default settings (Bios+ME 1.05). Same issue:

post-11642-14494995625361_thumb.png

No problem so far with Bios1.04+ME1.05. BCLK is available and usable.

P.S:

prema, can we discuss further technical things at hwluxx.de or via pm? My english language skill is too bad for this type of discussion.

I'm having some issues after installing your modded bios on my Sager NP9150.

The installation process went fine (part1, part2, and a few reboots later everything seemed to be good. T1 timing and whatnot...)

But I notice when I boot up that my AMD 7970M is no longer being recognized. No big deal, I figure I'll just wipe the drivers clean (safe mode, driver fusion, all that jazz...)

The problem is now EVERY time I attempt to install a video driver (I've tried 13.4 WHQL, 13.6 beta2, and the official drivers provided by Sager) it gets to the part where it's actually installing the driver package and I just get a BSOD...

Any idea why this might be happening? Is there any information I can provide that'd help diagnose the problem?

Running Prema V2 bios T1 on my P150EM. Love the new boot logo. I finally downloaded XTU to try overclocking my 3610qm.

Managed to OC my reference clock from 100MHz to a stable 105.2776MHz :)

Some questions here:

1) Even though I OCed, but the benchmarking score in XTU is still the same ~606, how come?

2) Some items like intel graphics tuning and RAM timing changes require a reboot according to XTU... I want to know what happens if I do reboot? Would these changes only be applied once in Windows, or it is applied during BIOS startup itself? If it applies during BIOS and the RAM timing I picked is bad, then it might brick my rig, no? And I'd have to reset the CMOS battery and all that (which I rather not do)?

3) Wasn't the P150EM missing some chip that XTU required to work properly, which the P170EM had? So how does this affect P150EM overclockers at the moment?

Cheers!

Running Prema V2 bios T1 on my P150EM. Love the new boot logo. I finally downloaded XTU to try overclocking my 3610qm.

Managed to OC my reference clock from 100MHz to a stable 105.2776MHz :)

Some questions here:

1) Even though I OCed, but the benchmarking score in XTU is still the same ~606, how come?

2) Some items like intel graphics tuning and RAM timing changes require a reboot according to XTU... I want to know what happens if I do reboot? Would these changes only be applied once in Windows, or it is applied during BIOS startup itself? If it applies during BIOS and the RAM timing I picked is bad, then it might brick my rig, no? And I'd have to reset the CMOS battery and all that (which I rather not do)?

3) Wasn't the P150EM missing some chip that XTU required to work properly, which the P170EM had? So how does this affect P150EM overclockers at the moment?

Cheers!

1. XTU Bench is a joke

2. If the settings fail the system will reboot a second time and restore stock values automatically. (If that fails you can still pull the CMOS battery to revert to stock manually.)

3. We tested on many systems for months without problems... ;)

1. XTU Bench is a joke

2. If the settings fail the system will reboot a second time and restore stock values automatically. (If that fails you can still pull the CMOS battery to revert to stock manually.)

3. We tested on many systems for months without problems... ;)

Thank u Prema, we <3 u!!!

hey prema i was just muking around in xtu and noticed that if i raise the blck(reference clock) even a little it changes my max fps in games to under 60 like 57-58 depending on how much you raise the blck, the more, the more of a devrease in total fps. my screen is 60hz and in games i can easily max like ssfivae i cant seem to get to 60fps no matter what, i have nailed it down to the reference clock in xtu because if i change it back to 100 my max fps is normal at 60fps in all games... can anyone please see if they can duplicate this issue. and i also noticed raising the reference clock also effects ram clock right???

Maybe your RAM doesn't like T1 timing and creates errors?

Actually, it turned out that there were larger issues involved (Nothing to do with T1/T2). I'm not sure what triggered the drive BSOD issues to be honest... it eventually got to the point where my computer couldn't even boot into safe mode without a BSOD.

Instead of trying to troubleshoot it, I just ended up re-installing my OS (Still using your T1, K2 version of P150EM bios), and now everything is fine and dandy. I guess it was just an untimely coincidence that my OS blew up... Heh. Not a surprise with all the stuff I've been messing with lately I suppose...

Thanks for all your good work Prema :)

:78: when i get home i will update... tks!

Now is all ok with this version Prema?

I am busy fixing bugs related to certain ES CPUs. So if you are an ES user hold out for a patch.

Apart from that everything is fine.

It works just like the regular Mod flash, but why would you want the P170EM BIOS on your P150, they both have XTU support now?!

I am busy fixing bugs related to certain ES CPUs. So if you are an ES user hold out for a patch.

Apart from that everything is fine.

I don't think my cpu is a ES version.

I saw the files, and now is necessary to execute step1 and step2 after reboot... why that Prema?

tks

Prema has done a good piece of work. Bios v2 now working with my stupid QBC1-ES cpu. Thanks for your perfect support.

THX!

@Everyone, that version is beta and not yet released, I plan to update the Mods with ES patches tonight.

I don't think my cpu is a ES version.

I saw the files, and now is necessary to execute step1 and step2 after reboot... why that Prema?

tks

Step 1 enables the ME for being flashed, step 2 flashes a modded ME, EC & BIOS.

It is essential for step 1 to have the PSU connected, otherwise it won't flash the ME.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic