NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hello, i have a problem with K4000M vbios mod.. after flash i can't oc core. I try to set higher value 700mhz, 800mhz but it's not working. Clock is still on 600mhz.. and i can't adjust voltage. In the GPU-z showing 800mhz but true is 600mhz

gvy5.jpg

Ithe issue now happens maybe 2 times in a 10 hour day. Normally it happens when I'm just on my desktop browsing which isn't bad cause I just get a popup that let's me know that it happened. Where it really get annoying is when it possibly happens while gaming, not a 100% sure if driver fail is the problem but my screen while blink like its trying to recover then it locks up. My issue was really bad on driver 320.18, like 2-4 Recovery's in 15min, I reinstalled that driver by removing the driver back down to the basic VGA driver then did a fresh install. With that I got 2-4 Recovery's in a couple hours. Installing the latest beta driver got me to 2 revcovery's in 10 hour . So its getting better but would like a stable solution. Any help would be great.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, as I said, most likely due to drivers. If it's due to the card you could simply use a vbios with increased voltage, that might help, but it would need to be increased for 2d etc. as well since it also seems to happen at browsing, but I don't really call this a solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, i have a problem with K4000M vbios mod.. after flash i can't oc core. I try to set higher value 700mhz, 800mhz but it's not working. Clock is still on 600mhz.. and i can't adjust voltage. In the GPU-z showing 800mhz but true is 600mhz

Driver version? Some people reported issues with overclocking when using the latest beta. Else try to run inspector as admin, if this doesn't help try EVGA precision.

320.20 . But maybe it will be helpfull but i had to change subsystem ID (when i used command nvflash -6) . Is it possible to change core voltage in this vbios mod (if it work normal) or just a clocks ?

GK104.zip in file is my original rom (with other PCI subsystem ID) maybe this will help. Thanks for reply anyway

Well if you can't adjust the core at all with the stock vbios then you should try the modified one, this might do the trick.

Also update your BIOS if possible.

I asked this previously regarding the 680M but I recently bought a Sager NP-9390. Since these cards run much cooler than the 680m cards did, is it more feasible to game with mild overclocking? Thanks!

(Also, I am aware to monitor temperatures and what not - I just want to know what others have experienced!)

Hey, I'm having some trouble with the 780m vbios mod. Basically, I have an M17 w/3D bundle, and when i flash to these bios, the machine won't boot properly on battery. Another member on NBR with the same model also reported this issue with the exact same system spec It posts, then the screen turns off; the hard drive indicator and AFX lighting still work. Was wondering if you could give me some guidance as to how to fix this? The modded vbios give me a big boost in benchmarking so i'd like to keep them if possible. Thanks!

Since these cards run much cooler than the 680m cards did, is it more feasible to game with mild overclocking? Thanks!

(Also, I am aware to monitor temperatures and what not - I just want to know what others have experienced!)

Which cards are you referring to?

Hey, I'm having some trouble with the 780m vbios mod. Basically, I have an M17 w/3D bundle, and when i flash to these bios, the machine won't boot properly on battery.

Screen turns off? Becoming black? Backlight still on?

Not sure what the issue could be, I didn't touch the battery clocks.

Another member on NBR with the same model also reported this issue with the exact same system spec It posts, then the screen turns off; the hard drive indicator and AFX lighting still work.

Yeah well... if other people have issues with my mod and complain at that place about it I can't do anything, cause I won't read it. Problems need to be reported here... as you realized.

svl7 actually the modded one uses normal stock clocks when is with battery, cause the vbios original one uses p5 state, this one cause my nb shut down when i play games with the battery, but if i configure the clocks in p5 state when battery doesnt happend, but i créate a profile so i can select that when i use my nb in battery mode!, regards!

svl7 actually the modded one uses normal stock clocks when is with battery, cause the vbios original one uses p5 state, this one cause my nb shut down when i play games with the battery, but if i configure the clocks in p5 state when battery doesnt happend, but i créate a profile so i can select that when i use my nb in battery mode!, regards!

Hey, I'm having some trouble with the 780m vbios mod. Basically, I have an M17 w/3D bundle, and when i flash to these bios, the machine won't boot properly on battery. Another member on NBR with the same model also reported this issue with the exact same system spec It posts, then the screen turns off; the hard drive indicator and AFX lighting still work. Was wondering if you could give me some guidance as to how to fix this? The modded vbios give me a big boost in benchmarking so i'd like to keep them if possible. Thanks!

Sure you can overclock, 64°C is really low. If you hit 92°C with your 680m it just means that the heatsink was poor or at least poorly mounted. A 680m at stock should be below 70°C as well.

@svl7. Would the modded vbios always require a modified inf files to install the drivers? I finally bought the MSI GT70-2OD. Only way to install the driver is to use modded inf and driver signing turned off. Is the OC'd vBios based on MSI version of the 780M card?

I'm seeing reports that latest beta from NVIDIA I salls fine on MSI machines without the need to modify anything. Is there a way to make the changes so that driver installation is a bit smoother? Thanks!

You need a modified .inf as long as Nvidia doesn't included the ssid of your system into their list... might be like this for quite a while, probably also depending on MSI.

The vbios is universal, but of course Johnksss and I have only been able to test it on the systems we have... if you encounter issues let us know.

@svl7. Thank you! As is, the vBios v2 will not install as is with the driver signing enforcement turned off. I'm not sure what to modify to make the new 326.19 drivers to install. A quick thought and wishful thinking: would it make more sense to release vBios v3 w/ device ID that is already compatible with NVIDiA beta and Whql drivers? If MSI is already there, would it make sense to re-release the unlocked vBios under MSI? To me it doesn't make a difference if its MSI, or Dell, or Clevo. I would just like to eliminate the constant inf file issues at every driver release.

Thank you and Johnkass for your great work!!

@svl7. Thank you! As is, the vBios v2 will not install as is with the driver signing enforcement turned off. I'm not sure what to modify to make the new 326.19 drivers to install. A quick thought and wishful thinking: would it make more sense to release vBios v3 w/ device ID that is already compatible with NVIDiA beta and Whql drivers? If MSI is already there, would it make sense to re-release the unlocked vBios under MSI? To me it doesn't make a difference if its MSI, or Dell, or Clevo. I would just like to eliminate the constant inf file issues at every driver release.

Thank you and Johnkass for your great work!!

Which cards are you referring to?

Screen turns off? Becoming black? Backlight still on?

Not sure what the issue could be, I didn't touch the battery clocks.

Yeah well... if other people have issues with my mod and complain at that place about it I can't do anything, cause I won't read it. Problems need to be reported here... as you realized.

would it make more sense to release vBios v3 w/ device ID that is already compatible with NVIDiA beta and Whql drivers?

Well no, because for some reason the MXM systems seem to use the ssid from the board and not from the card to... else I could easily adjust it in the vbios, but the ssid of the vbios doesn't matter for some reason.

It has always been like this. You'll need to mod the .inf files.

Same issue new AW17 with 3D, and 780M. Boot on battery the screen blacks out, only plugging it in and restarting will get it to work.

But it doesn't happen with the stock vbios version? I noticed a similar issue on my M15x, stock and modified version... when I turn the screen brightness down, turn off the system and then boot again it will start fine but the screen stays black, only after a power drain it will turn on again. Doesn't happen when I shutdown with brightness on the highest level... but that's definitely a vbios issue I think, never happened to me with a different card.

• Brian featured this topic