NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Well, apparently there's no bios update available for the y580 at the lenovo site, so I can't check it out. I'd need a copy of the bios. Let me know if you have a link or a copy of it.

Yeah, it's part of the bios, that's why I said I need a copy of the bios...

thanks for your help but i have been thinking about it and i dont want to change the bios, just bought this notebook

i got it running at 1100/2600 right now with a nvidiainspector bat file

overclock.bat

"C:\Program Files (x86)\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe" -setBaseClockOffset:0,0,0 -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,105 -setVoltageOffset:0,0,0 -setPowerTarget:0,0

"C:\Program Files (x86)\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe" -setGpuClock:0,1,1100 -setMemoryClock:0,1,2600

"C:\Program Files (x86)\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe" -forcepstate:0,5

idle.bat

"C:\Program Files (x86)\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe" -setGpuClock:0,0,405 -setMemoryClock:0,0,405

"C:\Program Files (x86)\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe" -forcepstate:0,8

this is what i've been using now. before gaming i run the overclock.bat and idle.bat is underclocking with low voltage ~0,97

but the idle.bat doesnt work the way i like it to. i want it to return nvidia optimus(use integrated intel gpu for surfing/video etc), but i cant reset the pstate, doesnt work with nvidiainspector. i hope you know what i mean. maybe you have another idea or command i could use.

isnt overclocking with nvidiainspector/afterburner much safer in case of warranty?

regards

- - - Updated - - -

i cant edit my post before.. just wanted to add that if i reboot my system it will return to the "Nvidia Optimus", properly using the integrated intel cpu until i play games, then ill start my overclock.bat and i can only get back to optimus via rebooting

svl7 thanks a lot for the work you have done on the Dell 680m vbios. It works great.

Is it possible for you to set the core clock higher than what you currently have it set to?

I have both my cards maxed out on the core that you were able to unlock up to 324mhz over the core clock.

I don't if it is possible and haven't seen anyone ask if you could make a new vbios that would have the core set higher or if you have the ability to go past 324mhz of OC.

If not you still did some great work here.

Thanks

@ all Clevo 680m users, or to be more precisely - all Clevo 680m vbios users:

Added a new OCedition to the second post, it solves some of the throttling issues I experienced with the 680m in my system, it might allow you to push your card a bit further without any clock bouncing. At least I haven't seen any issues at about 885MHz core.

Let me know how it goes.

@ all Dell 680m users:

Here's a new OCedition vbios as well for Dell users, attached to this post. Let me know whether it improves the throttling at overclocks higher than +135MHz.

By the way, both vbios come with completely unlocked core clocks. Well, actually not completely, but I dare to assume that a limit of +773MHz is sufficient ;)

post-80-14494993618448_thumb.jpg

Dell 680m - OCeditionNew.zip

• Thumbs Up 9

Thanks svl7.

I don't know if I'm doing somethign wrong but I opened up nvidiainspector and the core is set to 758mhz and I am only allowed to OC 135mhz over that.

Is that how its supposed to be?

I don't see the 773mhz over core clock.

Thanks

@ all Clevo 680m users, or to be more precisely - all Clevo 680m vbios users:

Added a new OCedition to the second post, it solves some of the throttling issues I experienced with the 680m in my system, it might allow you to push your card a bit further without any clock bouncing. At least I haven't seen any issues at about 885MHz core.

Let me know how it goes.

@ all Dell 680m users:

Here's a new OCedition vbios as well for Dell users, attached to this post. Let me know whether it improves the throttling at overclocks higher than +135MHz.

By the way, both vbios come with completely unlocked core clocks. Well, actually not completely, but I dare to assume that a limit of +773MHz is sufficient ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4924[/ATTACH]

thx :D it worked really well however i believe im gonna need something stronger than 180W PSU , I was on stock bios with an OC of +135 core and mem was +600 and my comp shut off so it looks like I need something around 200 W :D meh.. im now running +170 core and 0 mem which isnt balanced but does improve fps

overall GPU score is 7086

frequencies are not 100% stable there is some throttle on crysis2 (not temp related) but it seem to be only when there is too much particle to render like under a waterfall ...

EDit: Make some test with original bios at 853 Mhz and have the same throttle in the same place (under the same waterfall) but this is the first time it happen after hour of games, so i think that i must test much longer your modded bios at 905Mhz.

overall GPU score is 7086

frequencies are not 100% stable there is some throttle on crysis2 (not temp related) but it seem to be only when there is too much particle to render like under a waterfall ...

EDit: Make some test with original bios at 853 Mhz and have the same throttle in the same place (under the same waterfall) but this is the first time it happen after hour of games so i think that i must test much longer your modded bios at 905Mhz.

I actually believe that we need better PSU to overclock further because i was watching my Wattage consumption and it hovered around mid 170ish so :\

slv7 here is a little feed back.

On the Dell 680m - 850 base - 889 boost - OV - OC.zip vbios, I could max my core out to 324mhz over core clock. Memory on gpu1 to 900mhz over and gpu 2 to 600 mhz over. Sometimes I would encounter a BSOD or driver crash with my 2nd card that high. It seemed stable under 575mhz.

With that being said, the new vbios you just modded I get driver crashes after about 1 min of setting my cards to the frequencies stated above.

I don't have any other data besides that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo svl7 ... with new clevo oc edition, when oc up to 853/2400 3dvoltage is 0.987v but when i push this limit (the +135mhz limit) then 3d voltage go down to 0.962v.

This is an undervolted vbios ???

Is this a mod that you made in order to help the gpu to go higher without throttling? If not could you made an other vbios mod with 0.987v

With the new Clevo OC vbios, what is the max core clock anyone has been able to reach? am currently looking at flashing my vbios to try and get to 1ghz core and 2500 mem.

I am currently running my 680m on a clevo p170em at 853 core 2200 mem and only get to 59c after a few hours of gaming, but i get bad frame rates in sleeping dogs, only 22fps on average.

Yo svl7 ... with new clevo oc edition, when oc up to 853/2400 3dvoltage is 0.987v but when i push this limit (the +135mhz limit) then 3d voltage go down to 0.962v.

This is an undervolted vbios ???

Is this a mod that you made in order to help the gpu to go higher without throttling? If not could you made an other vbios mod with 0.987v

all GTX 680M have two seperate 3d voltages, one is the transient 3d voltage to initialize the clocks speeds and the other is takes over after the initial boost to maintain the clocks.

so this one has .987 and then goes to .962 , also another is the the 1.05 volt which goes to 1.037

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian featured this topic