[Mod] Voltage increase Nvidia GT 555M

Hmm, Maby you just didnt get lucky on your GPU... But i would check the driver too, i think 275.25 is still the fastest by a tad.

Lol, you guys are brave to do a volt modded A05. Those bios almost overheat just with a simple overclock, :P

Cant believe someone beat me and got 850 T_T

@ Ninja... 855 is the maximum for me in 3DM11... posted somewhere in this thread the pics... :P I can´t recommend A05... this Bios overheats the whole machine within minutes.... Still on A01 and very happy with 850/linked shaders and 1020on Mem on BC2 and Dirt3...

This Problem sounds strange to me... i can´t belive that a GPU is that bad... maybe a driver cleanup and reinstall... ?? Have you tried this ???

Juast another confirmation for all....using EVGA precision Ive managed to hit 825/1650/1000 and its very stable...GPU temps do start climbing fairly high but never over 76c-79c....Bravo on this mod...EXCELLENT work, now if we could only get fan speed control unlocked we could TAKE OVER THE WORLD! ok maybe not but it would be nice to have

I have never seen any pics of the unlocked A03 BIOS, is there any fan control or a setting that allows you to adjust the fan trigger points?

You can still use HWiNFO for automatic fan control, see @http://forum.techinferno.com/hwinfo32-64-discussion/65-alienware-fan-control.html

Ya, the unlocked version lets you control the fan speed and trigger point but it only has 2 stages :(

I would use HW monitor but i get terrible stability with that program (with latest version), the program locks up after a while and my fans stop dynamically changing :(

Thanks for the suggestion though

Ya, the unlocked version lets you control the fan speed and trigger point but it only has 2 stages :(

Do you have the unlocked BIOS installed? I'm still looking for someone to upload pictures of the different menus, to complete the thread here: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m14x/987-%5Btested-working%5D-m14x-bios-a03-unlocked.html and also to send them to BIOS-mods, where the BIOS got unlocked.

I just requested an unlocked version of A05 for you guys: Alienware M14x - BIOS A05 - unlocking the hidden menus

I'll let you know when there's a need for a tester (since I still don't have access to a M14x, lol :D) and as soon as it's confirmed to work I'll be able to repack it for you with the modified VBIOS.

• Thumbs Up 1

can the voltage be pushed to 1v cause im running games stable around 830-850 and my temps idle around 78, i believe there is room to go higher especially since i have no problem using a cooling pad to contain temps if needed

Yes there is, but it hasn't been tested so far. Saltius, the one who modified the VBIOS in the first place, contacted me a couple of hours ago and asked me to test a new VBIOS file which has the voltage set to 1.0V.

He said he used a new method and doesn't know for 100% whether it really works with this card, though he has succesfully modded the MSI GTX 460m with the same technique, so chances are that it works.

As I don't have access to a system with a 555m I can't do the testing. In case you someone of you guys want to test it I have repacked the unlocked BIOS A03 with the modified VBIOS, so it's ready to get flashed. The file can be found as attachement in this post.

NOTE:

I have set a password to the file to make sure that you really read this stuff and now that this version is untested so far. PM me and I'll send you the password. As soon as it has been confirmed to work properly I'll upload it regularly without PW and add it to the main post.

If you request the PW I expect you to report about your success, some overclocking results and GPU-Z screenshots will be much appreciated!!

[-untested-] M14x A03 unlocked - 1.0V VBIOS mod].zip

alright well ill attempt it and run some tests and see what i can squeeze out of this card once you give me the password

any specific benchmarks you would like to see?

i like to run the heaven dx11 test or i run actual games, i dont use official benchmarking programs

Edited by Tyler27
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi,

ok after installing the new bios I run into the same problems than mark foster. 1 Volt seems to be too much for the card. I tried to install the NEW nVidia drivers 285.38 (yesterday release) and, well see for yourself^^

Black screen while driver install, deactivating the card...

Back to A05 vmod unlocked.

Can you change the voltage to 0.962 (or others, to see if this works)?

post-627-14494991761455_thumb.jpg

post-627-14494991761691_thumb.jpg