EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
kzius

Alienware m14x R2 vibrations

Hi guys, i had this problem since 1 year more or less, someone know how to help me to cease the vibration of the fan when spin faster on my laptop ? i tried 3 fans and always was the same, i checked the 3 screws that holds the fan and are fine.

Alienware said to me " you could try to isolate the fans with a piece of rubber. It could be a damaged screw not holding the fans in place " but don't know how is the best way to isolate the fan.

When the fan spin slow i don't feel anything under my left side of the keyboard, but when goes at high speeds yeah i can feel it pretty much.

Thanks again always for your help.

Call customer help line and tell them to send someone to look into it force them to send someone ( that person will earn money for comming and u will be happy that problem fixed. ), whatever u do u do not want to void warranty. For now use headphones you won't hear anything.:07:

That is strange, you should contact support. Not sure how one would fix that, if your warranty is out you may just have to replace the fan yourself.

Usually that means the fan is loose on it's bearings, and it's best to just replace it. If you're out of warranty, you'll have to do the replacement yourself, but it's pretty simple and the fan itself is pretty cheap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thx guys for your replys, i already bought 3 fans from Aliexpress and a new heatsink. The problem persist as from the begining :(, i open the laptop 10 times more or less to try to find a solution and nothing Works. i had this issue since more than 1 year until now. I don't know what to do =/

Thx for your help

Do you recommend me a dampening absorbing material for the vibration between the keyboard and the fan ? because i was thinking to do that, my last resource. What do u think about that ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Toloni
      I am very aware of the healthy skepticism of most if not all of you. I therefore kindly ask of you not to spew out the fact that its impossible to build a laptop at me but instead attempt to help me to make this somewhat possible for the next person interested in the idea.

I already have:
      somewhere to buy a screen: https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/ somewhere to buy a motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, storage and other things although I would be very interested should you recommend other places where I can get these  
      I will build the cooling system myself

I need:
      somewhere to buy a laptop shell (I am aware of how difficult it is to find one and am therefore very flexible on all other components) somewhere to buy a power supply  
      Thank you very much for helping me and pushing the possibility of building a custom laptop ever so slightly more realistic

Toloni
    • By Miyagi1007
      Hello guys so i bought a used alienware m17x r3 with hd 6870m on it, so when i was trying to boot well it goes to the windows 7 loading screen that says starting windows after that the screen turns white and goes to bsod saying atikmpag.sys

also i attempt to switch my integrated gpu to my discrete card ( hd6870m)  and i wont switch at all 

Responses are highly appreciated 
      Thank you in advance
    • By IveGotRoot
      I have recently upgraded my laptop(an M6800 firepro 6100) and replaced it with an GTX 980m. Nvidia says that the latest driver(461) supports my card but i can only install up to 388.13 Ive tried to mod it but i can't figure it out. I can run the latest linux driver tho
    • By Freddyicy
      I have spent a little time in the past few days looking around this site. I would love for someone to point me in the right direction to a forum that has information that could help me out with my problem.

I have a:

Alienware M17XR3 
      Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      Intel I7-2820QM 2.3
      Bios InsydeH20 Version 1.0 A12
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
      (4x) 4 GB Ram
      samsung 2.5" 256 SSD (SATA3.0Gbps)

It has been an amazing machine for the last 10+ years. Minor issues, nothing that an Alien Respawn could not fix, till now! On battery power it works just perfect.  Then I plug it in and it's all OK until I try to do anything, and then the screen goes white. The screen sometimes goes yellow, sometimes blue, but mostly white screen. It will do nothing until I do a hard reset (holding the power button till it turns off and turn it back on) with the power unplugged.  If the power is not unplugged then it will go through boot up to windows swirling dots then go white again. If I plug it in and do nothing I can charge it, unplug and continue what i was doing. I have tried a lot of solutions bouncing around the internet, and thought I was having a DC Jack connection issue (replaced the ac/dc power adapter, then the motherboard). I get a better connection now but with the same white screen result. I stumbled into this forum and I'm hoping to find solutions to my issues.  Then upgrade like so many others have.

Any ideas, comments or suggestions welcome.

Thank you in advance!

• By Awesome14
      Over the last 10 years I've found laptops throttle the processor speed in order to keep fan noise down. I prefer the fan to run noisily, and the processor to run at full speed. I've developed tried and true mods for lappies and have demonstrated their effectiveness.

I have two Lenovo W541 laptop workstations with I7-4940MX processors and discrete nVidia graphics. On one I overhauled the cooling. Copper shim between CPU and hsf, AS5 on both sides. Shims between hsf and inductors near CPU and gpu, and shim on the gpu.

Used 'thinkpad_acpi' Linux kernel module to set fan to max speed. Ran mprime (prime95 for Linux) AND Unigine Heaven, alternating,  to cure the AS5. Then ran mprime. Temps were slightly high. But laptop processors tend to run hot. 

The I7-4940MX is a 3.1 GHz, 4.0GHz. Turbo processor. The modded machine ran at 3GHz. continuously running mprime, for weeks. The unmodded machine with the same max-fan-speed software tweak and stock thermal-interface material, throttled to 1.7GHz.  at the same running temps.

Clearly, laptop manufacturers are robbing performance off the top, by inferior cooling hardware and materials. Granted, getting the cooling mod to all fit together correctly with smooth, flat surfaces requires hours of work and materials not normally found sitting around the house.

I normally do not mod the CPU die. I abrade copper surfaces down to 1500 grit paper, and then polish with scapings from a bar of buffing compound. Everything is done on 1/2" plate glass to maintain flatness. The final mirror polish is done with the compound granules on a clean, damp cloth.

Desktop processors mostly have slightly raised corners, so smoothness is not as much of concern. You're going to get thermal-interface compond completely covering the center of the processor. The ideal is to fill the microscopic gaps between the cpu die and the hsf, but where there is metal on metal, have it be. 

Metal to metal provides 100s to 1,000s times the heat transfer of thermal paste. But, on a desktop, there are more effective cooling solutions than moving air. Most user are satisfied with their laptops, because the processor doesn't run full speed long enough to make a difference.

But I enjoy tweaking, and I do processor-intensive work, like batch editing 100s of large images, video rendering, security testing, password recovery, network testing; that are all severely compromised by poor, stock laptop cooling solutions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.