EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
kzius

Alienware m14x R2 vibrations

Hi guys, i had this problem since 1 year more or less, someone know how to help me to cease the vibration of the fan when spin faster on my laptop ? i tried 3 fans and always was the same, i checked the 3 screws that holds the fan and are fine.

Alienware said to me " you could try to isolate the fans with a piece of rubber. It could be a damaged screw not holding the fans in place " but don't know how is the best way to isolate the fan.

When the fan spin slow i don't feel anything under my left side of the keyboard, but when goes at high speeds yeah i can feel it pretty much.

Thanks again always for your help.

Call customer help line and tell them to send someone to look into it force them to send someone ( that person will earn money for comming and u will be happy that problem fixed. ), whatever u do u do not want to void warranty. For now use headphones you won't hear anything.:07:

That is strange, you should contact support. Not sure how one would fix that, if your warranty is out you may just have to replace the fan yourself.

Usually that means the fan is loose on it's bearings, and it's best to just replace it. If you're out of warranty, you'll have to do the replacement yourself, but it's pretty simple and the fan itself is pretty cheap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thx guys for your replys, i already bought 3 fans from Aliexpress and a new heatsink. The problem persist as from the begining :(, i open the laptop 10 times more or less to try to find a solution and nothing Works. i had this issue since more than 1 year until now. I don't know what to do =/

Thx for your help

Do you recommend me a dampening absorbing material for the vibration between the keyboard and the fan ? because i was thinking to do that, my last resource. What do u think about that ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Guardian241
      So I just received a 980m in the post and after installing it I was greeted by multiple system crashes on my Alienware m17xr4 and was unable to install new drivers.

Is there a step in the intallation process I missed? A bios setting I was supposed to change? The laptop is already set to UEFI mode in preperation for this and upon putting the old 680m back in the system it now works again. I have heard that I need to change INI files to install drivers but I expected it to at least function without large bugs such as these. Do you think that this GPU is faulty or have I done something wrong?

Thanks for any help you can give.

- M
    • By Guardian241
      Hi,

I've recently got my hands on an M17x R4 Alienware Laptop from 2013 which I love. I've replaced the screen, keyboard, RAM, and hard drive to make it into a fully modern laptop. However, I'm currently waiting on a replacement for the 680m GPU with a 980m from ebay. My question for you all is, do I need to do anything with the BIOS to make this 980m work? Is there a way to prevent the laptop from using Intel HD Graphics with Optimus? I think the Intel HD Graphics on this laptop are currently broken as I see static-looking dots flash on the screen. (See image below for example). My theory is that because Intel HD Graphics with Optimus is still in-use while in-game, the dots are being caused by it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

- M

• By Aun
      I am trying to find unlocked bios for overclocking but i cannot find it from a few days please someone help in me. its for my alienware 17 r3 with 970m and i7 6700hq.

my dumped gpu bios

i would really appreciate your help!

and btw rn i OCed thru msi after burner core clock +135 and memory clock +250.

cpu gpuz pic
      gpu pic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.