My M6700 has a 3840QM and it's already maxing out temperature wise. It can't even maintain its turbo frequencies when stressed out. Now, the Quadros certainly have a lot more potential to overclock though; better than most graphics cards.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello to ALL

Last week I bought a dell m6700 precision - proc 3740qm with k4000m. Do You have some vbios and bios files?... I can't download it from link:

Thank You

Pozdrawiam, Grzexo

POLAND

• 1 month later...

Yeah, overclocking would be great. At least, there is no problem for that on M6800. You can rich Advanced menu with grub nvram editor and IRF table extracted from the BIOS. There you can change TDP values, Memory speeds, timings and even XMPs. I've written some useful guides for Precision owners:

Also, the sBIOS is editable (for those who have M6700 and earlier).

Edited by valuxin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey there. I've recently got my hands on a M6700 with K3000M. The +135MHz allowed by stock VBIOS indeed brings a noticeable performance gain, so I'm looking forward to OC it further, though I have some concerns about flashing it.

I started with backing up current BIOS (80.04.5A.00.01) using GPU-Z. The moment I've selected "Save to file" option the lower half of the screen started flickering with black and white colors, while OS remained functional (note: this was BEFORE I confirmed the BIOS read). Managed to click OK, then GPU-Z became unresponsive (had to kill the process) while the flickering persisted, fixed it by disabling and re-enabling the card in device manager.

Tried again, but this time with all apps closed (maybe there was something using the GPU at the time). Except for the flicker which occured again before clicking OK, everything went well, the device restarted itself and backup was made. Also worked with the card disabled in device manager, and in this case there was no flicker.

Now I'm kind of lost though. Obviously I really don't want it to hang during the flash, and I don't know if that flicker is something to be expected. My past experiences with flashing the VBIOS aren't too good either - I was updating a GTX660 in my PC and somehow killed MB's ME FW in the process (resulting in inability to OC the CPU, though I was able to fix it by reflashing too).  Please let me know if any of you experienced or want to try and replicate this.  I will also try this with another M6700 which has a K4000M inside.

Also not sure if it's worth mentioning - the one I'm working on came with an IPS screen, so no Optimus for me.

Oh, and one more thing - since the backup felt more stable to back up the BIOS with the card disabled, would it be safer to flash it this way as well?

Edited by Piter
one more question

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Bios Modder
7 hours ago, Ibrahim Waqar said:

Hello can i get this unlocked K3000M bios for Laptop M6700

Hi!

You can get unlocked K3000M vBIOS in this thread:  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Ibrahim Waqar said:

I am not able to download any file on this forum even cant purchase their membership due to card not working on this website,

Tell me how i unlock vbios with Kepler bios tweaker or provide me vbios link of mediafire or etc contact me on ibrahimwaqarhabib@gmail.com

Whatsapp - 03003786372

Ok. Email sent.

• Thumbs Up 1