terzer

Dell Inspiron 7720 650m GDDR5 modded vBIOS

Hey, does anyone have a copy of 7720_A12_AES_MSR_0xE2_unlock_var1.rar ? The rghost link to the file has been deleted. It worked fine on my 7720 to unlock everything, then I think I accidentally deleted my copy. I've tried the new 7720_A12_AES_MSR_0xE2_MOD.rar file and it doesn't give me any new options in the bios. And 7720_A12_AES_MSR_0xE2_MOD_newvbios.rar makes the computer un-bootable until I reload the stock A12 bios off a flash drive.

hello all,

i am now also bricked after flashing 7720_A12_AES_MSR_0xE2_MOD.rar

has anyone been able to recover using the .cap file method?

i have been un successful so far

i have formatted my usb in fat ( not fat32 )

i have the dell a12 update .cap

i have tried both usb ports on the left side

im still left with a black screen & the fan spinning

hello all,

i am now also bricked after flashing 7720_A12_AES_MSR_0xE2_MOD.rar

has anyone been able to recover using the .cap file method?

i have been un successful so far

i have formatted my usb in fat ( not fat32 )

i have the dell a12 update .cap

i have tried both usb ports on the left side

im still left with a black screen & the fan spinning

not sure how helpful this may be, but even while "bricked" the disc drive will still read for bootable media.

just tested it.

after doing a small amount of research, im guessing that we can use a cd to place the .cap file on to boot into crisis mode.

the SecureCore Tiano uefi biso does support it so "brick" recovery should be possible

nope.

i just bought a new board & pre flashed bios chip for my old board.

good news is, I'll test it again once they arrive.

THIS BIOS WILL BRICK ANY 3630QM CPU 7720's...

ask me how I know... it doesn't immediately do it, and will run fine until you do a cold boot. seems to be fine for 3600 i7's though... idk if there will ever be a fix... been watching the forums for it and haven't seen much.

Well, do you have a download link?

content? everyone knows where you can download fashion ... successfully download, install and make no statements ... if you wonder how I open the menu in this type of bios?

this is frustrating...praying there will be a fix for this. i am a brand new 7720 owner and am extremely disappointed with it...

Hi,

Is there a new moded vbios for the 3630qm CPU 7720? I've tried the A11 mod vbios, but bricked everytime after I cut off the power.

Like everyone else here, I'm having problems with the clocks dropping back to default and boost turning off after minutes of gameplay. Do you guys suggest I return this to Dell, or should I just keep praying for a fix? I've only had it for 3 days and enjoyed playing games on it...when it works.

Ran flash.bat as administrator and still the same probllem

cmd just immediately opens and closes when i open flash.bat

cmd run as administrator

cmd run as administrator

just managed to successfully flash your BIOS with menu unlocked. let's see how this runs after a while and let you know how everything goes.

fyi, running on a 3630QM

Edit: just bricked my 7720. Yay

just managed to successfully flash your BIOS with menu unlocked. let's see how this runs after a while and let you know how everything goes.

fyi, running on a 3630QM

Edit: just bricked my 7720. Yay

bricked it how ? and why ? give us some details

bricked it how ? and why ? give us some details

Just like every other 3630QM owner here, flashing any of these modded BIOS will brick your 7720. At first it will work, but once you remove your battery and put it back in, it will no longer boot. Itll power on, but the screen wont.

I will attempt to recover when i get my usb flash drive.

Flashing BIOS and how to restore 7720.

BIOS recovery procedure

Take the file with unmodified BIOS of the same version that the flying.

1. Find the USB-flash the old model, no more than 2GB.

2. Format the flash drive in FAT (NOT in FAT32).

3. Run the downloaded file type "7720AHH.exe." At a time when the installer crashes or begins to ask other questions on what does not respond, go to the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), in the "Processes" tab to select «sctWinFlash32.exe», right-click to select the "place file storage, "go there, there will be fully unpack.

4. We take from the extracted archive and copy to the root of our flash files and bios.cap dosflash.exe.

5. Turn off the laptop

6. Disconnect the power plug from the laptop, leaving the power supply into the power socket

7. Insert the flash drive into the left next to us USB port

8. Hold the key End, We connect the power plug, release the key End.

Laptop turns on, coolers earn at full capacity, and a few seconds to start flashing. Touch anything not necessary. When finished, the laptop will boot normally.

Flash BIOS mod if laptop is not defective.

It is important to understand that, if you have a Windows 7, it can be sewn on the two methods described below, if Windows 8 - is just the latest of two ways.

Under Windows 7.

Instruction applies to both modes, and the firmware "native» BIOS.

Download archive with the mod, extract in a separate directory.

Next, you need to disable the network adapter in Device Manager or Network Center (both wire and WiFi), autorun antivirus startup programs and applications. It is important to state that the security software is not monitored system. Then turn off the laptop and turn it to start without a network, anti-virus, firewall and other software to autostart, clean system.

Before flashing mode, make sure that you have the same BIOS version as the mod. If not - please "own" the appropriate version.

Sews:

Restart, F2, set the Boot List Option - Legacy.

Go to the package directory, run from the menu "Start» cmd.exe in administrator mode and type in a black box, hands flash.bat

Important! After the firmware is not to restart the PC, and turn off and turn it on.

F2, Boot List Option - return as it was.

Then - back all you like.

Wındows 8 & Windows 7 (only with a bootable USB drive DOS)

1. Find the USB-flash the old model, no more than 4GB.

2. Download archive with the mod and everything attached to it (if any), extract it to a folder on the HDD.

3. Format the flash drive as a bootable DOS using the contents of a folder Bootable_USB_Drive_Creator. Dumped into the root of the stick contents, only 4 files.

a. bios.ROM

b. flash.bat

c. fparts.txt

d. fpt.exe

4. before flashing to enter the BIOS and set the Boot List Option - Legacy.

5. Boot from USB drive through F12, perform flash.bat.

6. After the procedure, do not reboot the machine, and turn off and then turn it.

• Thumbs Up 1

i dont have a 2GB usb flash drive and they don't sell it anywhere nearby, so i tried it with my 8GB usb flash drive and failed.

the only way i can get my hands on a 2GB usb flash drive is if i order one online, but that would take days to arrive. so i gave up and called Dell. a dell technician will be here to replace the mobo, which only takes 2 days.

p.s. thanks for the help, though :)