svl7

NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

5609 posts in this topic

Hey, big thanks from the ASUS ROG FORUMS!

Do you think this will work with the ASUS G55vw ?

But thanks, this overcomes a tremendous milestone for our laptops.

1 person likes this

Well, I don't know... Asus is a bit weird when it comes to mobile GPUs... for whatever reason they don't adhere to the MXM standard, probably because they want that the users have to buy new machines instead of being able to upgrade them.

Anyway, the Clevo 660m works a G75VW vbios... and pretty well, here's a run @1200MHz: http://hwbot.org/image/815912.jpg

Yesterday I managed 1330MHz, with some more voltage :D

The Dell VBIOS might work... but it's also possible that you get a black screen with it. I can take a look at the G55 vbios when I find some time.

4 people like this

Alright, if you could take a look at the G55 vbios that would be great. Also, what do you mean about the Clevo 660m working with a g75vw? Is it the g75vw running a different bios (clevo?) and getting higher clock speeds? Thanks!

I mean that I flashed the Clevo card with a G75 vbios and it works nice in a M15x, I take the best from each world, hahahaha.

Anyway, regarding the G55vw, can you check something for me? I'm not sure whether the vbios is part of the bios or whether there's a separate vbios rom on the board... Can you dump the vbios per GPU-Z or per nvflash (DOS)?

If so, please upload it here.

2 people like this

svl7, does the dell 680m +100mhz edition comes with modified voltage?

No, it's stock voltage.

so it is possible to overvolt dell 680m?cause now i'm having hard time in deciding whether to go with AW or Clevo.

I have a M17x R4 GTX 680m vbios here if you could kindly take a look please :)

backup.zip

2 people like this

I flashed the Clevo card with a G75 vbios and it works nice in a M15x

If I understand you correctly you unlocked a G75 vbios? beyond the Asus imposed 135 core clock and voltage limits? If so, I would love to get my hands on that modified G75 vbios, and try it on my G75. I'm not yet sure how, as of today nvflash doesn't work with my Asus EEPROM yet, but maybe I can insert it into the motherboard bios, and flash it that way. Within the factory OC limits my 660 produces easily achieves P3100+ 3Dmarks, very respectable imho, with minimal extra heat, but there's clearly room for more :)

Hi,

have anyone tried the MSI 680M bios on a Clevo 4GB card?

Thank you very much in advance.

Julian

1 person likes this

Hi,

have anyone tried the MSI 680M bios on a Clevo 4GB card?

Thank you very much in advance.

Julian

Oh yeah. All those epic 3DMark scores you see the 680M GTX's hitting are Clevo cards with MSI vBIOS.

1 person likes this

Thank you for your answer. Do yo know if the flashing method is the same as before:nvflash -4 -5 -7 bios.rom from a DOS USB?

Regards. Julian

Thank you for your answer. Do yo know if the flashing method is the same as before:nvflash -4 -5 -7 bios.rom from a DOS USB?

Regards. Julian

I thought it was 4 5 6 but @svl7 should be able to tell you for sure.

Sent from my Sensation

1 person likes this

Thank you very much, you are right it is 4 5 6 .... :-)

Julian

I have a M17x R4 GTX 680m vbios here if you could kindly take a look please :)

Sure, wanna see you breaking some records :)

If I understand you correctly you unlocked a G75 vbios? beyond the Asus imposed 135 core clock and voltage limits? If so, I would love to get my hands on that modified G75 vbios, and try it on my G75. I'm not yet sure how, as of today nvflash doesn't work with my Asus EEPROM yet, but maybe I can insert it into the motherboard bios, and flash it that way. Within the factory OC limits my 660 produces easily achieves P3100+ 3Dmarks, very respectable imho, with minimal extra heat, but there's clearly room for more :)

Yeah, I did, but I can't overclock the card per software in my system, so I just cranked up the clocks in the vbios, hahaha, got it stable up to 1330MHz (at least stable in 3dMark11).

Did you try using the lastest DOS version of Nvflash? If possible, post a dump of your vbios.

I thought it was 4 5 6 but @svl7 should be able to tell you for sure.

Yeah, as Xonar says, use -4 -5 -6. You probably need to override the SSID, stupid nvflash.

Sure, wanna see you breaking some records :)

Yeah, I did, but I can't overclock the card per software in my system, so I just cranked up the clocks in the vbios, hahaha, got it stable up to 1330MHz (at least stable in 3dMark11).

Did you try using the lastest DOS version of Nvflash? If possible, post a dump of your vbios.

Yeah, as Xonar says, use -4 -5 -6. You probably need to override the SSID, stupid nvflash.

Hi svl7, I have just installed a Clevo 680m 4Gb in an Alienware M17xR3, and it works really great (http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m18x/1860-incoming-clevo-680m-4gb-aw-m18x-r1-3.html#post23778).

I am puzzled that the vendor ID is 1028 (Dell), instead of 1558 (Clevo), Do you think it will be possible to flash it with the Dell Bios (I know Dell cards only have 2Gb, but I think the nvidia bios just check whatever memory you have)?, the idea of flashing it with dell bios it is to recover the 3Dvision in case Dell chooses to support it, or if in the future I buy a M17R4 motherboard.

Thank you very much in advance for your time. Julian

Where did you get the 680m? Eurocom?

Well, hahaha, that explains a lot... for some reason they seem to flash all card for AW users with the Dell vbios, even the 7970m... LOL. Seriously, as if this would solve all the possible issues (it doesn't). At least it allows you to use the Dell drivers, well... if you want you can still flash a Clevo vbios.

Some more Dell 680m mods, @widezu69 and all other user who flash them -> please provide some feedback, I need to know how well they work, can't test them myself. Let me know what you flashed and how well it worked. Thanks.

Edit: Files removed.

1 person likes this

Hi svl7, when I bought the card through ebay, I did not tell them my system was a Dell (Alienware), the dell drivers did not work, and I have to use some drivers from laptopvideo2go and have to mod the inf with the card system ID card...., but probably you are right about the dell bios flash, because I do not think that the vbios is "adaptative" and changes when it recognizes a dell, clevo or msi...

Have you heard about the "Siltius" vbios mod, that has been used by "Meaker" to break 8.000 in 3dmark11?

Best Regards and thank you.

Can you post a dump of your vbios?

Yeah, Saltius did some nice work there.

Tomorrow I'll post it, right now I am away from my computer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By J95
      Game Ready
        • Provides the optimal experience for Forza Horizon 3.

New Features
        • This version of the driver adds security updates for driver components.

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
        • ARK - added SLI profile

3D Vision Profiles
        • No 3D Vision profiles were added with this version.

3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
        • No compatibility mode profiles were added with this version.

Windows 10 Fixed Issues:
        •  [SLI, GeForce GTX TITAN] The Mirror's Edge Catalyst Intensity slider is shown as grayed out after filter type is changed to None from Custom. [200231735]
        •  [Start Wars the Old Republic] There is flickering in the game. [1802553]
        •  [Rise of the Tomb Raider] The game crashes after extended gameplay. [1808730]
        •  [NVIDIA G-Sync] Games lag when played in windowed mode with G-Sync enabled.[1803083]
        •  [NVIDIA G-Sync][World of Warcraft] Screen tearing occurs in the game when ingame V-Sync is enabled. [1808054]
        •  [GeForce GTX 1080][HTC Vive] The GPU is not lighting the headset when connected over the DisplayPort. [1785993]
        •  [NVIDIA Ansel] Ansel to be enabled by default in the driver for white-listed games.[1787964]

Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7 Fixed Issues:
        •  [SLI, UEFI] Event Viewer error 14 points to nvlddmkm when the system is rebooted.[1309257]
        •  [NVIDIA Ansel] Ansel to be enabled by default in the driver for white-listed games.[1787964]

Software Module Versions
       • NView - 148.03
       • HD Audio Driver - 1.3.34.15
       • NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.16.0318
       • GeForce Experience - 2.11.4.0
       • CUDA - 8.0

Windows 10
        64-bit
        32-bit
             Windows 7 & 8.1
        64-bit
        32-bit

• By zvasconcelos
      Hi, I am trying to run a GTX 970 as eGPU in my Dell XPS L502 and I ampassing through an specific problem.
      I'll sum up here what I did until now. For those who don't want to know this and go direct to the issue, my problem is with the PCI Compatcion, and yes, I'd already did the DSDT override.
      Well, back to what I already done (any difficulty to understand my text, it's because of my lack of practice in these kind of topics in english).
      I bought an EXP GDC Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock w/ PCI-E at DX.com; I am running the DYI eGPU 1.30, everything is installed correctly, etc.

Specs/setup: Gigabyte GTX970 Gaming
      1 x EXP GDC PCI-E adapter
      1 x Mini PCI-E cable (80cm Length)
      1 x ATX PSU power cable (11cm Length)

Dell XPS L502x i7-2670 QM
      16 Gb Ram 1333MHz
      SSD 480Gb + 750Gb Sata
      NVidia 540M 2Gb

Considerations: If I restart/start my laptop with the eGPU On, I'll get black screen. But it works if I turn on the eGPU when it gives the option to select between the DYU and OS to start.

At the DYI eGPU setup screen, I did these steps:
      call iport dGPU off
      call iport g1 1  
      call vidwait 60 10de:11c6
      call vidinit -d 10de:11c6
      call chainload mbr

But when I am going to do the PCI compaction, it is not working, and I have tried a lot of different configurations. I searched what could I do, and I found the comment from andhie133128 in the page techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/5874-guide-dsdt-override-to-fix-error-12/&page=3 talking about the DSDT override and then loading the DSDT.aml updated file at the DOS in the DYI's setup screen with the command "PT MEM writefromfile 1 0xBAFF2000 DSDT.aml". Why 0xBAFF2000? Its what I have found with the RW-Everything software as my DSDT memory.

As told in that post, I'd compacted the .aml with a smaller size than the original (from 36kb to 35kb - it's something =p) and then loaded it at the DOS. Everything worked fine, the " large memory showed up, no error at DOS, everything went well.

The eGPU is recognized, I am able to stop my dGPU at the DYI setup screen, initialize the eGPU, the large memory is showing in my device manager, I am able to do the DSDT override (note: its easier to compact the file with an older version of the iasl), I'd imported and loaded it at DOS, but the PCI Compaction insists in not work.

What I didn't and that may be the problem. I had not installed yet the gtx 970 driver before the PCI Compation and don't know if this have something related to the PCI compaction problem. Why didn't I tried it yet? I am with a huge amount of work now and I am using my laptop everyday and need some GPU to work, then I am keeping my 540M driver and was thinking in uninstall it when the PCI Compation works; or when I get done with my extra work and don't need so much the laptop everyday.

One day, in the past (it's not my first time trying to do it), I went able to do the PCI compaction (only one time), and I think I did it when I used a different memory at the "PT MEM writefromfile" command. I think I confused something and used this memory instead: "ACPI -> RSDP -> 0x000F00E0;

But few days later I had to format windows OS and lost the configuration.
      I had done the same steps that I told to be able to do that. But even with the PCI compaction done that time, I had formated the laptop before setting the eGPU to work 100%...
      Why didn't I have tried it again? Same problem, I am using the laptop everyday and in doubt about what can happen if I use this other memory. I don't even know for what this RSDP is used for.
      I found this topic from rossysaurus (https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/6413-17-dell-xps-l702x-gtx9704gbpsc-mpcie2-pe4c-21-win7-rossysaurus/) and I will try the same steps. But in case someone already had the same issues that I'm having, please help me solve this.

• By andwheat
      Hello forums of techinferno, I currently have a 13' 2015 macbook pro and have allways wanted a egpu to make it much more powerful. Every were I have searched people use mainly the AKiTiO Thunder2 box for connecting the gpu, this also brings many problems like the board not having enough power to supply to the card. And i am not into the idea of soldering the mains I have seen workarounds like the 'PCI-E 6-Pin to DC Barrel Plug'  b but throwing on to the already 200 price tag seems like a lot… not to mention the thunder box not being big enough for some computers. So my question is what about the EXP GDC Beast? There is a mac version, however it requires opening my mac. as some one who also uses it as a laptop i do not like that idea a whole lot. Well i know that the exp gdc connects via a hdmi cord 'as strange as it sounds' to a number of things like Expresscard and mini pci-e, Yes i know there is a expresscard to thunderbolt adaptor but can i take it a step further and go strait from thunderbolt to hdmi? these are my main questions 1 does any one have experence with the exp gdc, and 2 can I go strait from hdmi to thunderbolt 2.

The reasons that I like the exp gdc is a it can be powered strait of a power supply and it is cheap roughly $50 USD which is a great value.

Exp gcd Mac version http://www.banggood.com/MAC-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011221.html
      PCI-E 6-Pin to DC Barrel Plug https://www.amazon.com/PCI-E-6-Pin-2-1mm-Barrel-Gridseed/dp/B00K0XR4LU

• By ikir
      Hi all! Still work in progress, i will publish photos soon.

Mac mini 2014 - i5 2,8Ghz
      16GB RAM
      512GB PCIe blade SSD
      960GB SanDisk Ultra2 SSD sata3

Just a quick benchmark for show you 15x increase performance!!!

Valley 4K high 2x
      iris 5100 integrated: fps 1.9 score 78
      Nvidia GTX 970 AKitio: fps 32.4 score 1357

final result!
    • By Klem
      Klem's_vbios_DELL_GTX880M_80.04.F5.00.07_UNLOCKED.rar
      For 8Gb card.
      1. Unlocked Nvidia core limit +135 MHz.
      2. Unlocked core voltage adjustments.
      3. Unlocked Power Limit.
      4. Unlocked Power adjustment by software (for example with Nvidia Inspector).
      5. Increased Power Limit and Power Target.
      6. Enabled some additional tweaks.

If you liked my mod, you can buy me some beer:   https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=NHMKKB6RCME46&lc=GB&item_name=Donation%20for%20Klem&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted