[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

I have been studying a variety of 6700K XTU profiles on HWBOT and found some interesting differences. My XTU benchmark score is amazing, but I wanted to see how my setting compared to those that had a little bit better results. What I find is that it seems Skylake is extremely inconsistent. The variance between settings that work well among all 6700K processors is nothing short of ridiculous, even among some of the most expensive desktop enthusiast motherboards. Often those settings not even close enough to call them similar. Anyhow, tinkering in the BIOS based on what I found to experiment with, I am able to replicate my previous Cinebench R11.5 results with entirely different settings and slightly lower temps. This is using adaptive core and ring voltage, core 25, 25, +25 offset, with PLL set at 5, and 45x on ring set with the same voltage. Again, this is just fans blowing, sitting in my recliner this morning. No AC cooling.

CB11.5-11.41-W7.JPG

Core.jpg

Ring.jpg

3 hours ago, Khenglish said:

@Mr. Fox

You would run superpi :)

Have you tried more than 1.2V on memory? I've found DDR4 to scale linearly with voltage. Ex 1.35V would get you a 1.35/1.2 = 1.125x speed increase with no memory timings change.

The memory voltage can only be changed with XMP profiles. For some reason the value does not hold and reverts back to 1.200V when I attempt to change it.

23 minutes ago, johnksss said:

More than likely it's locked on sodimms....

Very possible. @Prema unlocked the BIOS voltage setting as well as the ability to use Thaiphoon Burner (which was also locked down on Skylake), but the voltage does not stick. I was able to edit the XMP profile using the XMP Enhancer and up the voltage that way. I cannot do it on the G.SKILL DDR4-3000 sticks because the Thaiphoon Burner license was for the Sky X9 review unit.

Let them know you have a new motherboard because you do.

XMP seems to be the only way for the voltage increase. Although the M18Xr2 would let you change it in the bios, but after a crash it would reset the voltage.

51 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Let them know you have a new motherboard because you do.

XMP seems to be the only way for the voltage increase. Although the M18Xr2 would let you change it in the bios, but after a crash it would reset the voltage.

The Thaiphoon Burner license belonged to @Prema so he would have to renew it for me.

SuperPI 32M - a little better with Windows 7 versus 10... no surprise there.

09hH2Kc.jpg

Well....there is always that. lol

Don't drink a 12 pack this week and buy a new licence on the machine you are going to keep the longest. That's what i did....Well not the drinking part...

16 Bucks is pretty cheap. That would cover you for DDR4.

Edit:

Humm...looking at that 55 for a lifetime license...

Edited by johnksss

18 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Well....there is always that. lol

Don't drink a 12 pack this week and buy a new licence on the machine you are going to keep the longest. That's what i did....Well not the drinking part...

16 Bucks is pretty cheap. That would cover you for DDR4.

Edit:

Humm...looking at that 55 for a lifetime license...

Does the $16 version still include the XMP Enhancer? If it does then I'll definitely buy it. For some reason I thought they took that away and make you buy the Professional version now for XMP editing. Will have to check and see. Seems like I ran into that on the version I was using for the P570WM. I renewed the license and that feature was gone after renewing and I could not edit the XMP profiles that I was able to prior to expiration/renewal.

SuperPI 1M... again, just a fraction better under Windows 7 versus 10.

byKooaT.jpg

That's what I'm using now. and it has enhancer. Matter of fact, I need to update to the newest version.

Edit

Awh, I see it now. It's disabled for DDR4

Edited by johnksss

Well, hell. Just flushed money down the toilet. The Pro version supports it, but that's not clear. I guess that's why the version @Prema got for the Sky X9 review unit worked. 

I emailed them and asked them to cancel my new license and issue a refund.

Capture.JPG

Yes, I emailed them and asked to let me convert my $55 "lifetime" license to Pro. I already gave them more money for that than a 1 year $39 Pro license.

This is false advertising and they need to prominently post a disclaimer that anything less than "Pro" is crippled junk. It IS NOT fully functional.

Thaiphoon Burner Super Blaster - Personal License

• Annual license type
  • Fully functional version (single PC license)
  • Free upgrades and updates during 12 months
  • Free instant technical support
  • Resolving issues with SPD firmware for free

THAIPHOON BURNER SUPER BLASTER - PERSONAL LIFETIME LICENSE

This is an extended type of the Personal license for Thaiphoon Burner Super Blaster which entitles you to use your program copy for non-commercial purposes for an unlimited time. If your hardware has been upgraded or totally changed you may request for renewal of your Thaiphoon Burner lifetime license. The holder is eligible to obtain a new license once a year. At least six months have to be passed since the date of the purchase or renewal before another license is requested.

PURCHASE BENEFITS

• Lifetime license type
  • Fully functional version (single PC license)
  • Free upgrades and updates during lifetime
  • Free instant technical support
  • Resolving issues with SPD firmware for free

21 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Looks like they got slick and went the way of the "subscription" Pro is 39 a year.

Unless you are on the right page to accidentally see this table, you're screwed.

Capture.JPG

It is mentioned nowhere on this page, where you buy it

http://www.shareit.com/product.html?productid=300457366

...or this page...

http://www.shareit.com/product.html?productid=300378295

In fact, both pages where you go to buy the license say this:

"Thaiphoon Burner provides easy to use tools for Intel XMP and NVIDIA EPP profile enhancing and editing SPD firmware."

6 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I say a few of us go in as a company and get the full version. lol

If we could get at least 4 people to chip in an equal share it would definitely be worth it.

Capture.JPG

3 minutes ago, johnksss said:

Now that would be a good group of fellas there!

Yup, and Brother Nephew @J95 has a brand spankin' new P870DM-G on the way to him, along with some of the DDR4-3000 G.SKILL like I have. So, he's going to want it.

I just noticed your signature... so, you're running quad 330W on the beast now? That setup worked nice on the 980 SLI in the Sky X9... was more than it needed, but worked well.