[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

Yes, I read the bad reviews before I paid $5 for it, but I often like to find out for myself because bad reviews are often a reflection of incompetent users. So far it works OK for me. I haven't tried it on Windows 8.1 yet. I am not using Windows 8.1 for anything except Fire Strike benchmarks anyway, since it basically sucks as an OS. I will test it on Windows 8.1 and see if I have any issues. Seems to work exactly as intended for Windows 7 and Android. I haven't discovered any glitches playing with it today. I'm not using it with iOS, so I have no idea whether it works right on a crApple product.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idisplay.virtualscreen&hl=en

Wow, I just discovered even the audio outputs to my Android phone, LOL. That's too funny. There is a momentary delay with the audio using WiFi, which is probably to be expected. Everything I have tested streaming from PC over WiFi always has a slight delay (WiDi, Chromecast, etc.). I have not tested using USB yet. It's cool that the audio works as well.

Wow, I just discovered even the audio outputs to my Android phone, LOL. That's too funny. There is a momentary delay with the audio using WiFi, which is probably to be expected. Everything I have tested streaming from PC over WiFi always has a slight delay (WiDi, Chromecast, etc.). I have not tested using USB yet. It's cool that the audio works as well.

Lol that could come in handy since my phone has better speakers than the laptop =/

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just putting it out there so that people don't buy the app just to find out it doesn't work on 8.1, I have no doubt you did your research beforehand :)
No research on my part. Saw it and thought it looked like a cool thing to mess around with. I noticed it was only $5 and read the bad reviews, but figured for 5 bucks it was worth finding for myself. So far, so good. I haven't tried overclocked benching with it yet. If it turns out to be stable, I might have finally found a good use for a pathetic touchscreen tablet. An 8 or 10-inch tablet would be a lot better than a small phone display for monitoring clock speeds and temps.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol that could come in handy since my phone has better speakers than the laptop =/
Put the phone behind you and you have instant wireless "surround sound" LOL. ;)

Edit: the laptop volume and phone volume work independently. You can turn either one down and the other still works. I have Windows Media Player going on the phone with the speaker volume at zero on the laptop.

No research on my part. Saw it and thought it looked like a cool thing to mess around with. I noticed it was only $5 and read the bad reviews, but figured for 5 bucks it was worth finding for myself. So far, so good. I haven't tried overclocked benching with it yet. If it turns out to be stable, I might have finally found a good use for a pathetic touchscreen tablet. An 8 or 10-inch tablet would be a lot better than a small phone display for monitoring clock speeds and temps.

Well in my mind, reading the reviews is pre-purchase research, that's what I was referring to. As for the screen size, I have a Nexus 6 so I think it would be the perfect size for monitoring if it works with 8.1

And lol @ surround sound!

Yeah, I guess you're right about that... reading the reviews. They did not scare me off, but that is definitely research in the simplest terms.

I saw some critical reviews about it not working on Nexus, but there again... might be user incompetence. Hard to say without trying it. I will test it later with Windows 8.1 on my M18xR2 or P570WM and see what happens. I am on my M18xR1 up in my office right now and it is not set up as dual boot machine (only has Windows 7).

Yeah, I guess you're right about that... reading the reviews. They did not scare me off, but that is definitely research in the simplest terms.

I saw some critical reviews about it not working on Nexus, but there again... might be user incompetence. Hard to say without trying it. I will test it later with Windows 8.1 on my M18xR2 or P570WM and see what happens. I am on my M18xR1 up in my office right now and it is not set up as dual boot machine (only has Windows 7).

I saw the comments about not working on Lollipop as well which would make my Nexus 6 no good but I have a Nexus 7 that just gets used for a second device to store my Google authenticator app that I could use.

I tested it on Windows 8.1 and it works, but not nearly as well as Windows 7. It is far less polished with Windows 8.X.X OS. I think it is a little buggy because Windows 8.X.X display scaling was botched pretty bad by Micro$haft. The right half of the screen starts out black, but you can open Display Properties, set your LCD as the primary display and then extend the desktop to the Android device. That part works OK, just an extra step. However, on the phone the display is letterbox and does not use the entire screen like Windows 7 does... again, I believe a botched display scaling thing with the Windows 8.X.X turd OS. On a larger screen Android device this won't matter much.

Thanks for testing it and letting me know. Makes me wonder if 10 would be any better for it or if it would not work at all. Since I had a major dispute with Google that ended in me getting blocked from purchasing on Google Play I would probably have to use the iOS version. The iPad Air would be good for something then...

So when testing how my E0 ivy bridge overclocks vs my E1, I found that the iGPU clocks much higher:

AMD Radeon HD 7970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Clevo P170EM powered by PremaMod.com

That's 1.8ghz core, 2250MHz memory.

Still working on the core clocks, but the iGPU is by far the biggest improvement on this E0 over my E1. Too bad I have a dGPU...

yep it was iirc :) altho i have no idea how stable it is at that setting, it was just sufficient for that firestrike run :D ive only tested the cpu up to 4.5 ghz primestable at a VID of 1.16V (which was also my thermal limit)

i could possibly get it stable at 4.9ghz, but 5.0 is only good for validation i think. havent played around much at 4.5ghz+ yet though....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nope, no delidding yet :) but as i said before, those 4.8 Ghz clocks were stable without throttling in firestrike but i have no idea how stable they actually are! ill have to do further / proper testing for that...

I thought I posted them here already. Prema in your latest Bios,v5 in CPU configuration I have all the c-states that are listed disabled. Is that Ok? I noticed a bump in my Cpu scores.

I thought I posted them here already. Prema in your latest Bios,v5 in CPU configuration I have all the c-states that are listed disabled. Is that Ok? I noticed a bump in my Cpu scores.

I disabled C-states in my BIOS and it does not directly improve performance at the same clockspeed, but does allow higher overclocks.

• Thumbs Up 2