Lenovo Y400 / Y500 - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod

svl7

Is here anyone who has SLI and has and older BIOS than 2.02?

Good question. I still have a Y500 with BIOS v1.05 that I flashed with your modded 1.05. I can mount my second GPU in its Ultrabay. How may I be of service?

However, this unit is going to be returned soon and the unit I am going to keep has BIOS v2.02 and that is the machine I hope to flash. I haven't done it yet since you guys are still figuring out how to mod the vBIOS on the second GPU.

Thanks, you're already on the current version when it comes to the vbios. But can you send me a copy of your bios? I don't have a dump of v2.0 yet.

If you want to update to 2.02 at a later time then we might be able to try something regarding the vbios, but I'm still confused about how exactly the vbios of the multi bay gpu gets updated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I ran the 64 bit and the dos backup as admin, and nothing is showing up.

Assuming you're using Fptw64.exe, you need to right-click on it, go to Properties and tick 'Run this program as administrator' under the Compatibility tab. Then, when you double click on backup.bat, it will dump the BIOS into a .bin file in the same folder.

Yeah, cool, please put that card in the other system and post some GPU-Z screenshots as well. Might give me a clue.

I've got the same GPU-Z readings as RichardIsBored. This is on svl7 modded BIOS v1.05.

Internal GPU:

post-10698-14494994901609_thumb.png

Ultrabay GPU:

post-10698-14494994901816_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Assuming you're using Fptw64.exe, you need to right-click on it, go to Properties and tick 'Run this program as administrator' under the Compatibility tab. Then, when you double click on backup.bat, it will dump the BIOS into a .bin file in the same folder.

However, I did run it as admin, i right click the .bat, then I click run as admin. I also ticked the fptw as admin in compatibility.

Maybe someone with teamviewer can help me please?

However, I did run it as admin, i right click the .bat, then I click run as admin. I also ticked the fptw as admin in compatibility.

Maybe someone with teamviewer can help me please?

You don't need to run backup.bat as admin. Just make sure fptw64.exe or whatever is ticked to run as admin.

Is there an error file that is generated in the folder after you try to make the backup? What does it say?

V2.02 mod, including 650m vbios mod. Please report back.

As always, follow the instructions and use at your own risk. Don't flash if you aren't already on v2.02.

Does this go for anyone with 2.02. Also, I seem to have a major problem, with maybe a minor fix. So my bios in bootmenu is only showing HDD IPv4 and IPv6, so disc drive or USB drive. I need help with this if I am going to flash a modded bios

Edit:

In the readme it says "disabled wlan" does that mean whitelist is gone or that you actually disabled wlan in the bios. Just want to be safe.

Does this go for anyone with 2.02. Also, I seem to have a major problem, with maybe a minor fix. So my bios in bootmenu is only showing HDD IPv4 and IPv6, so disc drive or USB drive. I need help with this if I am going to flash a modded bios

Edit:

In the readme it says "disabled wlan" does that mean whitelist is gone or that you actually disabled wlan in the bios. Just want to be safe.

Boot in Legacy mode instead of UEFI and your drive will show up.

There is a setting in the BIOS to disable WLAN but this mod just removes the whitelist. Your WiFi will still work just fine.

Did you successfully use the 2.02 Modded Bios? Also, when I boot into Legacy, USB drives still dont appear. Any tips? Thanks for the help by the way. Its just that flashing BIOS is something very very fragile. And the first links dont work for me...

Did you successfully use the 2.02 Modded Bios? Also, when I boot into Legacy, USB drives still dont appear. Any tips? Thanks for the help by the way. Its just that flashing BIOS is something very very fragile. And the first links dont work for me...

Haven't flashed yet. Still waiting on the fix to unlock the OC limit for SLI.

Maybe you made a mistake when creating the USB drive and it is not bootable.

What links don't work?

You don't need to run backup.bat as admin. Just make sure fptw64.exe or whatever is ticked to run as admin.

Is there an error file that is generated in the folder after you try to make the backup? What does it say?

EDIT: Fixed it. I had to do the error 104 fix, and not run the .bat as admin.

slv7, I e-mailed you my .bin. So I shouldn't update my BIOS if I'm on 2.00 to 2.02 correct?

EDIT: Fixed it. I had to do the error 104 fix, and not run the .bat as admin.

slv7, I e-mailed you my .bin. So I shouldn't update my BIOS if I'm on 2.00 to 2.02 correct?

I have a Y400 with BIOS 6BCN30WW(V1.02), is it safe to update it to unlocked bios?

You could update to v2.02 if you want, with the leaked update, NOT with fpt. But this won't fix the SLI issue just now... @raven_ninety, do you have SLI?

Also, could you send me a copy of your v1.02 bios?

Regarding the SLI issue, LewsTherins post yesterday is a strong indicator for me that the multi bay gpu has it's own eeprom, but I don' know how and when it gets updated. If there are more SLI users here, especially with older bios revisions, please tell me the bios revision as well as the vbios version of both cards. Would be interesting to see.

Has anyone tried using nvflash from DOS to see whether the multi bay GPU appears? (Even though it's unlikely).

• Thumbs Up 2