MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

On 10/20/2016 at 9:12 AM, Bloetschkopf said:

The Bios don`t control the Fanspeed,the EC Firmware control it.

Thank you.

What about criticial thermal setpoints? Presumably those would be in the ec firmware as well? And as for obtaining modified versions of it for different fan profiles, would I have to pay Svet of MSI forums, or is there another avenue for the ec firmware?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello here !

I am interested for the unlocked BIOS of MSI G series. I own a GT60 2OC (works perfect!!) and I have a friend who's own a GT70 0NC with the FAN issue because his GTX 670M died in the last year. Recently, I bought a heatsink for a GX70 because I have a 6970M (I don't want to mod the current heatsink in case we use it in the future) . Anyone have experience with GT70 and an AMD card? And overclocking?

The OC question is maybe not in the right post/forum but where I can ask this queston?

Do you think the unlocked BIOS will resolve the 100% fan issue?

Thanks !

Guy

Edited by Labatt24

I just added a back light keyboard into the UK version of the GT780DXR, the back light doesn't work, you reckon if I flash the back light EC Firmware it would it work?

Please reply quickly, i may need to manually replace the chip

On 7/11/2016 at 5:48 PM, Labatt24 said:

Hello here !

I am interested for the unlocked BIOS of MSI G series. I own a GT60 2OC (works perfect!!) and I have a friend who's own a GT70 0NC with the FAN issue because his GTX 670M died in the last year. Recently, I bought a heatsink for a GX70 because I have a 6970M (I don't want to mod the current heatsink in case we use it in the future) . Anyone have experience with GT70 and an AMD card? And overclocking?

The OC question is maybe not in the right post/forum but where I can ask this queston?

Do you think the unlocked BIOS will resolve the 100% fan issue?

Thanks !

Guy

I don't think so i have just downloaded it but it seem that this version doesn't have an option to switch the primary display

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I Have a GS73VR, bought Corsair Vengeance PC4-24000 with XMP support, but I boot with last JEDEC 2666MHz CL18, no XMP here (CL14@2640 or CL16@3002).

I tried to extract setup.ffs with mmtool_v5.exe, found some 'MSIHiddenFun' text wih HxD but I cannot go further with my bios E17B1IMS.10A

I would activate some chipset features about Ram/XMP Profil, maybe manual timing too. It would be usefull to stop booting with the GTX powered on but optional.

Can someone help me ?

aida64.jpg

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, styde972 said:

Hi,

I Have a GS73VR, bought Corsair Vengeance PC4-24000 with XMP support, but I boot with last JEDEC 2666MHz CL18, no XMP here (CL14@2640 or CL16@3002).

I tried to extract setup.ffs with mmtool_v5.exe, found some 'MSIHiddenFun' text wih HxD but I cannot go further with my bios E17B1IMS.10A

I would activate some chipset features about Ram/XMP Profil, maybe manual timing too. It would be usefull to stop booting with the GTX powered on but optional.

Can someone help me ?

aida64.jpg

Hi! You can send me the file backup of your bios via PM.  I'll look at it.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results".

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

Edited by Klem

I modified file E17B1IMS.10A with AMIBCP64 for Aptio5 to show all Advanced menus for users but when I try to flash it,

from AFUWINGUI.EXE or AFUWIN64.EXE (v5.05.04) : "18 - error secure flash rom verify fail"

and from BIOS: "Error invalid format type: 11".

I tried,

AFUWIN64.EXE C:\MODIFIED.ROM /RECOVERY /P

then it rebooted and showed "No ROM loaded, cannot flash"

Do you know how to bypass this capsule protection header from Windows ?

• Bios Modder
On ‎05‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 1:02 AM, styde972 said:

Do you know how to bypass this capsule protection header from Windows ?

Just use the command with key:   /gan

Edited by Klem

yeah! thank you it worked but not as expected . The flash is done but reboot twice and restore all. I learnt a lot of things with this topic but with nvram/bios locked and others intel me security checks, pei,etc... I'm out for a while, i'm giving a chance to msi's engineers to bring me a better compatibility with corsair xmp support and 1year old noticed nvidia optimus computer lag on gtx power on with Microsoft apis. Do your job guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i'm a new member.

msi gx60 with fan speed problem.

i tried flash a new ec rom but the fan not work fine and if the cpu tem step up 42+ the fan go to full speed.

Some one can help me? with custom ec? 

Thanks very much

bios version E16FKAMS.90L

EC VERSION 16FKEMS3 V.5.06

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like great work, will donate some as soon i get promoted :)

Do i need a specific bios version?  (mine is E1763IMS.70k)

Tryd to look arround on the msi support side but got confused with the wierd listings they do.

• Bios Modder
On ‎19‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 11:31 PM, casis86 said:

Do i need a specific bios version?  (mine is E1763IMS.70k)

You can send me (via PM) the file backup of your bios for unlock it.

Having issues flashing the bios on GT70. Reports back  "Error: problem getting flash information".

As per your advice to some other user, I tried a different version of afudos. On a whim, I tried to backup my bios using it. Doesn't work, all I get is a blinking underscore. Tried flashing the bios with it. Doesn't work, all I got is a blinking underscore, rebooted into windows successfully. 

I downloaded the Bios Backup Toolkit and backed up my BIOS. Apparently it's the write-protected E1762IMS.50x version. I got AMIBCP. Assuming I unlock all the features I want, how do I go about flashing the newly modified bios, if my current one is write-protected? Or will it flash because it's the same version?

I am hoping to download the bios update file for MS-1761, this will greatly assist a friend who has an MSI GT780DXR and we want to upgrade it with a 770M 3Gb or, possibly a 970M 6GB, also increase ram to 4 x 1600 or 2 x 1866 for 32gb total and raid a pair off ssd's he wants to use it as his editing machine. For whatever reason I can not yet download the file, does it require a certain number of posts first on the forum?

note: i read more and see I have to be a memeber for a week w 5 quality posts before I can download... hopefully a moderator can approve it sooner:)

Edited by cisco kidd