OFFICIAL: M17x-R3 Benchmarking Thread

the 6970 wouldn't get recognized once every few reboots and started to get graphical glitches. tried to bench last friday but couldn't even push pass 850 on core. so i guess it was dying. guess i officially fried my first 6970 hahaha

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice job Inap/bOObs lol! I'm surprised as hell that I haven't fried mine yet, was starting to wonder why I hadn't seen any better benches from you lately as it's not like you to be silent while someone else is in the lead. Hopefully the new ones a good overclocker as I need some competition and you definitely fit that to a t. Glad to see you already got a new one.

Wow great stuff guys. So 107-107.2 seems stable between you guys so far. Man I cant wait to overclock my incoming M18x. I cant believe my last R2 benched a P4617 on 3dmark11 on stock clocks and settings... seems like R2 920/940XM with 2x6970M and a large pin mod would cream the M18x. Besides that on single gpu systems you've really broken the barrier!

• 2 weeks later...

Just did the FFXIV Benchmark on my M17X R3 (Stock) and got a 3872 on the benchmark. 1000 means the game is playable. The benchmark itself has a very odd scoring system, and the maximum amount you can get is in the 8000+'s, BUT! The highest anyone has EVER gotten on it (even on the best rigs) is about 5k~ish. So 3k on a Stock M17X R3 is pretty sweet!

Benchmark Program: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/download/benchmark02.html

Youtube video of the benchmark (Not mine, but almost as good as how mine ran):

• Thumbs Up 1

Just did the FFXIV Benchmark on my M17X R3 (Stock) and got a 3872 on the benchmark. 1000 means the game is playable. The benchmark itself has a very odd scoring system, and the maximum amount you can get is in the 8000+'s, BUT! The highest anyone has EVER gotten on it (even on the best rigs) is about 5k~ish. So 3k on a Stock M17X R3 is pretty sweet!

Benchmark Program: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/download/benchmark02.html

Youtube video of the benchmark (Not mine, but almost as good as how mine ran):

Really? I really thought 8k+ was doable lol.. (I didn't look it up).. And here I was thinking when I benched it on my rig when the game came out and getting 5.6k was a sad time for lol... Sadly still waiting for my M17x :(

• Thumbs Up 1

FYI the benchmark doesn't support SLI, I have two 580's, makes no difference one way or the other.
Yea I figured that when I received my 2nd gtx 580 from evga via the step up program and the difference of having 1 and 2 cards were none whatsoever. Though I was so hyped about it. But oh well the game ran fine even though even in sli in game the 2nd card never did any work so I really doubt ffxiv supported sli or CF :/

When it comes to benchmarking using 3dmark (all versions) is the "done thing" to use the free download versions, i.e. is that the numbers everyone is posting? Or has everyone bought the full version?

Hopefully fingers crossed getting it today, tomorrow at the latest, so I intend to get some numbers and a mini review up. Where's the best place to stick the review BTW?

Edited by indigo_dc
Puncturisation

6990 do overclock pretty good but if they would just unlock the voltage like the 5870's then the true potential of the card can be seen, but for now oc'ing is pretty limited. gonna try to do some dice runs today to see how much it helps.

First benchmark for m17x r3 2630QM, 580M and 4gb RAM, killer wifi and 320gb HDD

P3050

Is this good?

Feeling disappointed so far - tried playing Crysis at 1080p ultra settings and it essentially was a slideshow... I was assured this machine spec would have 30fps minimum and it essentially crashed my PC :(

Any advice on what might be wrong?

Guest bifnewman
also it's showing as "generic VGA adapter" do I need to change the drivers or something?

you need to download the drivers from the nvidia website or just check windows update. NVIDIA website is probably more up-to-date.

The biggest thing you're probably having an issue with keeping 30+ fps on Crysis at max is your cpu. Crysis is pretty cpu intensive due to horrible code and tough code as well. A few things for you to check to maximize performance though are:

1-make sure your gpu isn't throttling, there's a lot of issues with the 580m throttling right now, especially on A07 bios

2-make sure your plugged into power, it gimps the clocks of everything on battery

3-make sure your windows power plan is set to high performance

4-make sure your drivers are up to date, if you use anything but Dell drivers you have to mod the inf as Dell uses custom id strings for their cards, if you need help with this just ask