EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

Hi there, 

I been looking for a modified bios for my lenovo G700. I want to replace my original card with an intel 7260ac.  However, the bios on this model got a lenovo protection on it. I found some information online how to read the bios using a programmer however this has failed for me. So i am looking into alternative methods to do that.

I am wondering if the process described for the lenovo y510p would work on my G700. These both laptops seems to be from the same lenovo era they look very similar.

If got any info in how to unlock my bios for wifi upgrade on my g700 would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by spiderthink

If I buy Intel 7260 with FPU P/N 04X6010 on it, will it work in Y510p without unlocked BIOS?

非常感谢,正在研究3.05版本下如何刷bios,教程有点晦涩难道,部分步骤不太容易理解,不过谢谢!

Hey, I am having trouble with the 2nd thing you have to do. I found somewhere in the comments saying for number 1 to not run the .exe but the backup.bat, which I did and nothing happened, and then when I dragged the backup.bat to the bios.bat it gives me an incompatible windows 16bit error and i can't get the .bin file because it won't let me proceed. could you guys help me, I wanna give my SLI 750M i5-4200 a try again, i wish the video in the bottom for the tutorial wasn't copyrighted.

On 4/11/2020 at 2:23 PM, dwiartha said:

Just posted to say thank you, I finally sucessed after several trial.

Y410P bios 2.07>Modified 3.05

Hi there, did you get it worked by following the steps on page one alone?

Would you mind sharing about any additional steps/precautions you took (if any)

Thanks a bunch!!

On 9/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, koujo92 said:

Help.. Step 3.. "BIOS Version compare error!" WHat does that means?

Screenshot (161).png

You need to enable downgrading of BIOS in the BIOS option. 

Go to BIOS [Press F2 before booting], Go to Configuration --> Bios Downgrade --> Change to Enabled

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank @svl7 for all the hardwork and time you put into making this mod.

I would like to inform that I have successfully installed this mod on my Lenovo Y510p i5 System which had BIOS Version 3.08 already installed.

I was trying out different settings in the new BIOS but couldn't get to work one thing that i wanted most, which is getting the BIOS on the HDMI connected tv.

My initial idea from this old system of mine is to use it with tv for entertainment purpose and automating several task that requires always on system, I have already removed the motherboard and attached it with tv using hdmi and using wireless keyboard mouse with it. 

One more thing i would like inform everyone is that, i did changed the thermal paste on the system with 11wmk paste which gave me 10°C of decrease on full load by prime95.

Thanks Svl again, i hope you can help me this issue.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By laxus
      i want to ask two favours and a question from this community ..

1.) Can someone mod my 940 mx to increase the target temperature and allow higher overclocking than 135hzband voltage control

2.) Allowing my i5 7200U to be undervolted to reduce overall heat 

The question : I repasted my gpu and cpu cleaned it thoroughly, made sure twice everything is connected properly, use a cooling pad and yet the upper portion of my chasis above f1-f12 keys is so hot that i can roast peanuts on it. 

(if i left out any info or missed something please reply i would really love to have a page that has everything for people who have this laptop specifically for light gaming.)
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad L440.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313&_nkw=USB+Programmer+Ch341&_sacat=0

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ch341a&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt

https://www.amazon.ca/programming-EEPROM-Programmer-EZP2010-RT809H/dp/B075CGH1X1/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=SOIC8+clip&qid=1631766855&s=electronics&sr=1-18

How to use it:

Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.

• By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad X250, X260.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating your personal bios dump and to flash your bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313&_nkw=USB+Programmer+Ch341&_sacat=0

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ch341a&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt

https://www.amazon.ca/programming-EEPROM-Programmer-EZP2010-RT809H/dp/B075CGH1X1/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=SOIC8+clip&qid=1631766855&s=electronics&sr=1-18

How to use it:

Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.

Note: 
      Each bios mod prepare personally and based on your personal bios dump which contain your personal data like Serial numbers, UUID, Service TAG, MAC addresses, Windows keys, NVRAM settings, etc.
      For creating your personal bios dump and to flash bios mod, you need use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!
      Just dump your Bios (from your laptop) using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.