OFFICIAL: Alienware M18x Order Status Thread

Been in production since I ordered. I bet mine will hit boxing stage in a day or two.

LoL Brian keep on dreaming, If your rig actually hits boxing in a day or two be sure that I will come to Modesto with torches and pitchforks for real(and remember I am not that far from your homebase).

You been warned!!!:Banane05::11_002::hititbanana:

• Thumbs Up 1

Brian, did the preliminary ship date say somewhere around 5/24 for you? That's what it was when I ordered it and I find it quite strange that it takes over 20 days to build a computer when they have no shortage of parts.
Dell always overestimates shipping dates. I've had computers arrive 10 business days before their EDD.

• Founder
Brian, did the preliminary ship date say somewhere around 5/24 for you? That's what it was when I ordered it and I find it quite strange that it takes over 20 days to build a computer when they have no shortage of parts.
Dell always overestimates shipping dates. I've had computers arrive 10 business days before their EDD.

Like JCrichton said, Dell will overestimate the EDD so they have time to get the laptop to you. My preliminary ship date says 5/24 on the phone order status with NBD shipping so I'm guessing I should have it in my hands very soon. Last time when I was one of the first to get the new revised M17x-R3, I got it in a week.

Gah, such a mess to get this order in. $3000 limit on credit sucks, delaying payments sucks, changing up cards for the last amount sucks, hopefully my shipping date will be near June so I have a computer to get back home to. :(

Edit: 'In Production' now, EDD 6/7. Hope it's faster!

Edited by GabrielZ

Thanks, I am hoping for an early arrival. However, Dell had cancelled my order on the first day and I had to call the next day and talk to some Japanese lady for hours - it took her 15 FULL minutes to understand what I wanted on my nameplate, Darling, L...simple enough, but not for her. Hopefully that won't hinder my ship date too much, I would be devastated haha.

Like JCrichton said, Dell will overestimate the EDD so they have time to get the laptop to you. My preliminary ship date says 5/24 on the phone order status with NBD shipping so I'm guessing I should have it in my hands very soon. Last time when I was one of the first to get the new revised M17x-R3, I got it in a week.

But when I ordered my m17x-R3 I was a month without computer before I canceled the order, actually I place the order on 4/5 for the 17 and 5/3 so not sure we gonna be surprised in a good way.

• Founder
But when I ordered my m17x-R3 I was a month without computer before I canceled the order, actually I place the order on 4/5 for the 17 and 5/3 so not sure we gonna be surprised in a good way.

You ordered the R3 when there was a delay on it that's why. First batches always come out quick.

• Founder
If that is the case we will put a shrine in your name in Merced.

Just climb the Merced water tower and cross out UC Merced and put Tech|Inferno on there and I'll be happy.

No, I took that picture this weekend when I went to the Air castle Museum, I love to take pictures of the planes.

On topic I really hope you are right and Alienware surprises us in a nice way and we get our machines way before the Delivery date, mine jumped to the 31's.

Well the update for those interested is I am getting a box shipped and labels to return my R2 and when the credit is back on the account I'll be ordering that demon ASAP. It will be Alienware M18x-R1 (Anodized Aluminum Nebula Red): i7-2920 XM | 18.4" 1920x1080 WLED| ATi 6970m Crossfire | 16 GB DDR 3 1600mhz| HD Wireless Transmitter | Intel Wifi 6300 | 2 250gb SSD Raid 0 |11_002.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for letting us know, I think I ask twice before about you laptop status but everyone was mum. Hopefully you will get your soon.

Thank you Wbat007 for inquiring. They probably didn't know what was going on as I did not till just 2 days ago.

I really do hate you guys, I don't post much but I'm here creeping most days and you got me all exciting for this m18x...well my beast has just been ordered!

So just to let you all know now, I'm team killing all of you guys!

• Guest unpinned this topic