Y500 - GT 650 SLI problems - looking for advise

ra_de_cki

Hi all, about a 2 weeks I have a new laptop Lenovo y500 with GeForce GT 650 SLI.

I am pleased with the performance of the laptop, and I think that is the best possible choice in this price range.

Battlefield3 works perfectly in FULL HD resolution and settings HIGH.

However, I have a little problem, wekk actualy it become BIG problem, I do not know if there is something wrong with the drivers or the hardware.

From time to time, for example, playing League of Legends, browsing websites or switching view from Battlefield3 to windows pops up an error that the graphics driver has stopped working but has regained its proper operation.

For a moment, the screen goes black and returns to normal. i installed the various drivers from geforce site such as 310.90 WHQL, 313.96 Beta or from the manufacturer Lenovo dedicated Nvidia Video Driver for Windows 7 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y400, Y500 dated 04 Nov 2012, none of them help and the problem still occurs.

What do you think ? problem is bcs of the driver or bcs of hardware? maybe something wrong with the motherboard or other component drivers? or maybe just some settings have to be set ?? I will be very grateful for your help, what you sugest to do ??

i bought new Y500 without any windows or drivers included, installed Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and all drivers from lenovo driver site.

it gets more and more annoying the longer I use the laptop

After connact with lenovo poland support they rocommend me to instal win8, they told its gonna help but didnt, now im on win8 64bit and still SLI problems :( performance are rly ok for me but its fine only when SLI is of .... when i turn it on to use both gt650 i have driver crashes during games :(

i hope you dont mind if i send you to lenovo community topic where i start this problem discuss but thers noone which can help me, few other users which have same problem are goin to give their y500 for warranty, i think i will do the same but its passed to many time so i cant give this laptop back, have to w8 till they fix it, if its possible ofc, are you guys familiar with this sli problem ? anyone can help

hers the topic on lenovo community where are many many informationa:

GPU problems Lenovo IdeaPad y500 - gt 650 SLI - Lenovo Community

Hope to get some info from you what steps should i make to remove this problem

my y500 specification:

Machine Family IDEAPAD y500

• Machine Type Model 20193

• Machine Serial Number cb20271115

• Bios version: 6BCN34WW (V1.05)

• RAM : 8GB

• OS - i bought without OS bcs i have one, i used win7 64bit and after problems i installed win8 64bit, STILL same problems, nothing helped

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a lot of vsync issues with older driver versions. Some blue screens, some driver reloading amid usage (black screen and heavy hdd usage seen during the issue with an obvious entry in eventvwr). The 320 beta has resolved a lot of this for me, give it a whirl.

well the 320 beta driver was made especially for us according to nvidia. There was a problem with SLI/Fullscreen/Vsync/SSAO etc that was supposed to be resolved with the latest beta.

sure, but my screen in CS:GO became striped in addition to stutter after alt-tabbing. Havent solved anything for me

did you had some issues with battlefield 3, I still haven´t played it :(, I get some error "DX error Hardware removed" can´t even get to the menue

I'm getting this exact same crash with Battlefield 3, but only when I ALT-TAB. Seeing as I do that quite often in the middle of a game, it's a huge issue for me.

Also, I get horrific stuttering in Source Engine multiplayer games like CS:S, DoD:S, and TF2. The frame rate is quite high but the screen is tearing everywhere and it it jerks back-and-forth like crazy. The problem goes away when I disable SLI but the performance goes down, especially in large TF2 games which can get quite hectic. For whatever reason, this problem doesn't occur in Source Engine singleplayer games.

This is with the machine in my sig and svl7's modded BIOS and modded Ultrabay vBIOS and stock clocks. I've already tried a bunch of different drivers including 314.22 WHQL and 320.00 BETA to no avail. I'm getting really fed up. This is my second Y500 unit and the games I'm having problems with are my main games. I'm gonna return this again and get one with a 750M SLI if this can't get resolved. I ordered my first Y500 two months ago and due to their slow-ass turnaround and return shipping and these problems I haven't been able to use the machine much at all. Absolutely ridiculous.