Request overclocking MSI_675MX vbios

luoxia

yeah i need that too also cant find any modded vbios for msi gtx675mx. Its a shame that its vbios is locked when the build of this card is literally monster oc ler. btw here is my back up of vbios made with gpu-z

http://share.gogo.mn/vSZ1y8ae3A4891359647298/11A7.rom i think its same with luoxia's vbios but who knows..

oh yah,,i have just read some post of yours from some dude's topic which you mentioned that vbios of yours forces gpu to work under full load all the time <- that will shorten the life span of the gpu?

for me i am a 3D score chaser so i would not need to use my nvidia gpu all the time and also gaming w.o oc is fine so i would really like to push my gpu to its limit when benchmarking ^_^ and during normal usage i would stick to stock clock speed and low temps. oh ya btw unlocked vbios can control fan speed right? coz its locked for me atm which is pain in the butt.. and also THANK YOU whether its successful or not..

btw is it possible to flash the msi 680m vbios on gtx 675mx since both are kepler? ive just checked the kepler vbios section and there are several of them and i also wanted to ask about overvolting. does OV increase temps? i am on stock 180w adapter so OV could cause power lack to mobo ? is OVing some how bad to gpu and mobo on stock 180w adapter? which one should i choose if its possible to flash 680m vbios to 675mx? OV or just unlocked OC edition?

The 675mx has less cores. It would be interesting to see whether the card works with the 680m vbios, but unless you're able to recover from a brick I can't advise you to try this.

More voltage will always increase the power draw and therefore the heat. More heat will degrade a GPU faster, however as long as the temps are fine and you don't go crazy on the voltage there's no issue at all. Those chips run at much higher voltage in desktop cards, all perfectly fine. The mobile Kepler chips are seriously underclocked. 180W might not be enough in certain cases when you start to overvolt, at least with the 680m. The 675mx has a smaller power draw, therefore you should still be fine even with a small ov.

okay tnx for reply mate... i would ofc stay away from unlocked vbios of 680m since its not a fail proof. so is there any chance to get a modified vbios on gtx 675mx?

btw i just got 5 posts here and just saw luox's vbios screen shot and mine is different than him

• 3 weeks later...

When I try to back up my gt550m vbios in dos, I also facing the "supported eeprom not found". As same as what I got in windows. When I try to use GPU-Z to read my bios I also got "BIOS reading not supported on this device". Is that because gt550m just not support vbios reading?

btw is it possible to flash the msi 680m vbios on gtx 675mx since both are kepler? ive just checked the kepler vbios section and there are several of them and i also wanted to ask about overvolting. does OV increase temps? i am on stock 180w adapter so OV could cause power lack to mobo ? is OVing some how bad to gpu and mobo on stock 180w adapter? which one should i choose if its possible to flash 680m vbios to 675mx? OV or just unlocked OC edition?

I don't think it is, they are both Kepler but the 675mx has 960 Cuda cores while the 680m has 1334... so there is a significant difference between the two chips.