EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

After reading about undervolting and overclocking, I was curious about my default CPU temperature (I got my Acer Aspire, V3-571G only a few days ago).

My CPU is an Intel i5-3210M (Ivy Bridge). After running some 20min torture tests, I got core temperatures of ~82C° average for both cores.

cpui5temperatur.png

I did not overclock or anything the like.

Are these temperatures alarming or are they perfectly okay for my notebook?

Edit: I just did a just-for-fun gaming test (Call of Duty 4 :P). It resulted in the stats of Core [email protected]°C, Core [email protected]°C and [email protected]°C using CPUID.

(At least for me) That seems to be higher than it should. I like my temps to max at 75. You should consider upgrading the heatsink, adding more fans, and using better thermal paste.

Thanks for your reply. I thought that it would be a good idea to buy a cooling pad or thermal paste. But alternatively, could I also undervolt the i5? (None of my researches led me to clear results :S)

I don't think you can undervolt it unless the bios allows it or a third party software program. Try a cooling pad.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Unless the stock bios supports change of voltages either through the bios or software, then your best bet is to reseat the cpu heatsink with good thermal paste reapplication.

Your temps were lower on prime95 than in gaming. Your cpu likely downclocked some in prime and therefore max temp was related to that speed. BF3 had higher temps so my guess is turboboost into the higher speeds single and dualc ore offer and perhaps your 4core turbo boost speeds are being utilized in BF3 therefore using a higher voltage and speed than you see in that long term prime95stability test. So temps are actually higher under a lighter load due to Intels turboboost pretty much by design.

To combat that either disable turbo bost, use Throttle Stop to limit your max turbo bin by one or two or as above repaste or improve heatsink or fan setup.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By depmixels
      hello everyone, I have a MSI GT683R with a dying (pretty much dead actually) GTX560M in it.

I am looking to upgrade it to a new GPU, I have found a AMD Firepro M6100. (I first wanted to upgrade to a GTX970M, but that's too expensive for now... and corona is also making things difficult) I have already ordered a second heatsink to modify because I didn't want to modify the original heatsink it came with.

But, my question is. Does it even work in this system? I have heard of people getting it to work in the barebone variant of this system. But I am not sure if it would work in the 'fully loaded' variant.

Also, my games are mostly RAM/CPU dependent and I am looking for a little extra power in this system. I have found a I7-2860qm and I want to upgrade to 32GB of RAM, is it possible on this system? the sticker says 'max. 16GB of RAM' But I have feeling it says that due to the limitation of the cpu that's already on this system (I7-2630QM, 16GB RAM max.)
    • By rusTORK
      When my first CPU fan on Y500 is broke i replaced it on something compatible (non-original) and planned to replace it later on original. Since that time happened a lot things, but i still using that non-original fan. But i did some research and here is what i founded:

I. ORIGINALS

1. Forcecon (marked as FCN on fan)
      DFS5413005MH0T-FC1C (5V - 0.5A)
      Spotted in: Y400, Y500.

2. Asia Vital Components (marked as AVC on fan)
      BNTA0612R5H-P007 (5V - 0.5A)
      Spotted in: Y410p, Y500, Y510p.

3. Sunon (marked as SUNON MagLev on fan)
      MG60120V1-C230-S99 (5V - 2.25W (0.45A))
      Spotted in: Y410p, Y500.

So, which to choose? Any recomendation? Maybe there also unexpected way (completely diffirent fan from another company for another laptop)?

• By Webshooter38
      Hi all,

I'm debating whether or not to replace the thermal paste in my Lenovo y510p. I've started overclocking a bit, and I have an external fan, but I would like to not have to run the fan as fast because it is a little loud. I have been reading a bit about different thermal pastes, and I'm wondering if there is even a big difference between stock thermal paste, and something like the liquid metal from thermal grizzly. It sounds like it'd work better, but I don't want to fall for a good marketing scheme. If anyone has experience with this and has or hasn't seen big differences, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
      -Web
    • By Henrik9979
      First I want to thank the community, who have inspired me to do this project.
      I will give you guys the chance to follow me on this journey.

I hope you will all help me come up with ideas, techniques and parts that could become handy.

This modding may be possible to convert to allot of laptops.

Let's begin!
      Here is the measurement of the went hole.
      77mm X 16mm

I have 2 ideas for what can be done.

• By Bivoca
      Hello All. I have a question:

I need to repaste my laptop. To clean the old thermal paste, i went to the pharmacy and bought an acohol solution with 78% alcoohol (highest content they had).

However, the same solution is also 2% salicilic acid. There are no other components in the solution (except 20% water). Can i usr it to clean the CPU anyway?

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.