After reading about undervolting and overclocking, I was curious about my default CPU temperature (I got my Acer Aspire, V3-571G only a few days ago).

My CPU is an Intel i5-3210M (Ivy Bridge). After running some 20min torture tests, I got core temperatures of ~82C° average for both cores.

cpui5temperatur.png

I did not overclock or anything the like.

Are these temperatures alarming or are they perfectly okay for my notebook?

Edit: I just did a just-for-fun gaming test (Call of Duty 4 :P). It resulted in the stats of Core 1@84°C, Core 2@85°C and Package@85°C using CPUID.

Your temps were lower on prime95 than in gaming. Your cpu likely downclocked some in prime and therefore max temp was related to that speed. BF3 had higher temps so my guess is turboboost into the higher speeds single and dualc ore offer and perhaps your 4core turbo boost speeds are being utilized in BF3 therefore using a higher voltage and speed than you see in that long term prime95stability test. So temps are actually higher under a lighter load due to Intels turboboost pretty much by design.

To combat that either disable turbo bost, use Throttle Stop to limit your max turbo bin by one or two or as above repaste or improve heatsink or fan setup.