EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
timbabs1

Clevo P65 RS-G Throttling Issue(Intel core i7 6820HK)

The Intel core i7 6820HK throttles due to Current limit throttling (according to Intel extreme utility) and EDP Other (according to limit reasons in throttle stop)

This only happens once the GPU GTX 1070 is under load(CPU+GPU workload) but when its a CPU only work load such as CPU-Z benchmark or throttle stop bench it doesn't throttle

It drops its frequency from any set frequency apart from the 3.2ghz default so if I was to OC to 3.5ghz it would keep dropping to 3.1ghz and sometimes even lower. More information can be requested and sent.

Any help to alleviate this issue will be much appreciated? thanks

Bad power supply? it kind of sounds like what my dm3 does if it gets unplugged to be honest. maybe meter how much power is being drawn by the power supply?  If it just started with no changes to your system recently.

On 2017-06-28 at 3:37 AM, timbabs1 said:

The Intel core i7 6820HK throttles due to Current limit throttling (according to Intel extreme utility) and EDP Other (according to limit reasons in throttle stop)

This only happens once the GPU GTX 1070 is under load(CPU+GPU workload) but when its a CPU only work load such as CPU-Z benchmark or throttle stop bench it doesn't throttle

It drops its frequency from any set frequency apart from the 3.2ghz default so if I was to OC to 3.5ghz it would keep dropping to 3.1ghz and sometimes even lower. More information can be requested and sent.

Any help to alleviate this issue will be much appreciated? thanks

The TDP on the 6820HK is quite low which will be a limiting factor, it's unlocked but it's rather useless as it can only be slightly overclocked. 

As KrackDaddyKane  said the throttling might be due to power supply issues, either it's bad or the wattage is too low, in that case you need a bigger psu. 

Edited by BAKED

On 07/07/2017 at 9:12 PM, BAKED said:

The TDP on the 6820HK is quite low which will be a limiting factor, it's unlocked but it's rather useless as it can only be slightly overclocked. 

As KrackDaddyKane  said the throttling might be due to power supply issues, either it's bad or the wattage is too low, in that case you need a bigger psu. 

Is there a bigger powersupply for my laptop Clevo P650RS-G?

BTW I got an update on the issue when I RMA'd my laptop. I will attach screenshot of the reply the engineer of my local distributor gave. He said he has been able to overclock it without throttling (wondering how he did it). But I will have a look when the laptop gets delivered today.

RMA screenshot.png

I have exacty same laptop and also have this issue. Unfortunately using bigger power supply didn't help.

I spent many days OCing and trying to get system stable on full load but I always failed.

Hopefuly someday someone will help us with modified BIOS :)

Yh I just got it back and have tested it, unfortunately the issue isn't fixed and I have contacted the engineer but haven't gotten a reply yet.

I will be looking for other options atm and yh hopefully a bios comes out that fixes it 

BTW @BAKED would be nice enough to please have a look at the bios settings or unlocked settings and see if anything can be done. Thanks.

8 hours ago, timbabs1 said:

Yh I just got it back and have tested it, unfortunately the issue isn't fixed and I have contacted the engineer but haven't gotten a reply yet.

I will be looking for other options atm and yh hopefully a bios comes out that fixes it 

BTW @BAKED would be nice enough to please have a look at the bios settings or unlocked settings and see if anything can be done. Thanks.

I will make new versions soon :)

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, BAKED said:

I will make new versions soon :)

Wow! good to hear will be so happy to see something done about it :hyper:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By duffman_777
      Managed to find a relatively cheap MSI 1070 on ebay, and after reading a few success stories that 1070's are compatible I decided to pull the trigger. 

Modified the bottom case as per the photo on this FAQ page http://www.eurocom.com/ec/faqs(272)ClevoP150EM_SagerNP9150_XMG_P502_PRO. Things were going well until I went to screw the card down and felt some resistance.

Oops. Looks like that capacitor(?) with the blue on it *just* clashes with the card. Now what's weird is not all P150em motherboards seem to have this component on it - looking at replacements this component is not there. Also looking at the photos from this 1080m P150em mod (https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/clevo-pascal-mxm-standard/), this component isn't there either. Does anyone know what this is, and if it can be removed? Or, if this could be taken off and shifted out of the way somehow, or replaced with a smaller equivalent...?

In my disbelief/annoyance/problem solving when trying to push it down, I did notice that the card has a surprising amount of flex in it and it *can* be screwed down almost completely to a level where I feel somewhat comfortable in doing... Though I'd rather not put this strain on the card if there is a way to avoid it.

• By IAmNotReallyHere86
      Hello Again,

So I decided to ditch the 980m SLI Configuration and take my chances with the GTX 1070 from Eurocom. 
      Currently, it is physically installed - but I am having issues getting the drivers installed.
      As of now the laptop boots into windows with generic video drivers. 

First, I would like to clear things up.

From what I have gathered so far: GSync is not an option for the time being? I need to use a specific VBios and Bios, as well as specific drivers?
      Is this still the case today?

I was getting my information here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/clevo-870dm-g-and-msi-gtx-1070.806987/

It looks like the person who successfully got this card to work used a programmer to load the Vbios. 

I just need some direction here if anyone can help. I dont see how eurocom can sell these cards specifically for p870dm-g. Looks like I am going to try giving them a call again.
      I have a feeling they have some firmware they don't have linked on their website. 

• By SimoLoveApple
      Hi all, I have a macbook pro 15 inch retina mid-2015.
      I joined a Aikitio thunder2 with a graphics card GTX 1070 but there are problems with the internal monitor of my macbook.
      first of all we will list the specific to this topic.
      my macbook is equipped with two graphics cards, an integrated and a dedicated, integrated is an intel iris pro graphics while one dedicated is an amd radeon r9 m370x 2 GB gddr5, and obviously the eGPU GTX 1070.
      the problem is that with the external monitor connected via hdmi to egpu doesn't show any problem while using the internal monitor that should take the video signal from the thunderbolt has lagged.
      Mafia 3 with settings on external monitor turn 54 fps while on internal monitor turn 9 fps!!!
      i have windows 10 on bootcamp.
      There is not much difference and it occurs to me that the problem is the thunderbolt.
      members of tech hell please help me!
    • By SimoLoveApple
      Hi all, I have a macbook pro 15 inch retina mid-2015.
      I joined a Aikitio thunder2 with a graphics card GTX 1070 but there are problems with the internal monitor of my macbook.
      first of all we will list the specific to this topic.
      my macbook is equipped with two graphics cards, an integrated and a dedicated, integrated is an intel iris pro graphics while one dedicated is an amd radeon r9 m370x 2 GB gddr5, and obviously the eGPU GTX 1070.
      the problem is that with the external monitor connected via hdmi to egpu doesn't show any problem while using the internal monitor that should take the video signal from the thunderbolt has lagged.
      Mafia 3 with settings on external monitor turn 54 fps while on internal monitor turn 9 fps!!!
      There is not much difference and it occurs to me that the problem is the thunderbolt.
      members of tech inferno please help me!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.