[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

J95.

First inf doesn't give optons to install HD audio, 3D, Mircast.. Second one allows this but driver doesn't install...

@J95, your mod in this thread worked perfectly for me.. 347.88 installed and working perfectly for me!

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/8113-going-test-clevo-980m-alienware-m17x-r4-m18x-r2-aw17-146.html#post127079

J95.

First inf doesn't give optons to install HD audio, 3D, Mircast.. Second one allows this but driver doesn't install...

Using Optimus? dedicated will never work.

@J95, your mod in this thread worked perfectly for me.. 347.88 installed and working perfectly for me!

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/8113-going-test-clevo-980m-alienware-m17x-r4-m18x-r2-aw17-146.html#post127079

Any issues with Optimus?...is Optimus even working?

Yup using Optimus... The one in the above link worked perfectly!

Weird...lacking optimus entries.

@Hackintoshihope, @jjbettcher AW17

Uninstall drivers DDU/Safe mode - >under options uncheck AMD Audio Bus (bug)< -> Clean and Shutdown -> disable driver signing before installing drivers <-

Use nvdmi.inf instead. Again, all other INFs must be stock.

@TomJGX M17xR4 included.

GeForce 347.88 WHQL

nvdmi.inf_v347.88_Optimus_AW17_GTX_980M_970M.zip

Uninstall drivers DDU/Safe mode - >under options uncheck AMD Audio Bus (bug)< -> Clean and Shutdown -> disable driver signing before installing drivers <-

@TomJGX M17xR4 included.

GeForce 347.88 WHQL

Yeah will try this tomorrow... Earlier when computer crashed, GPU drivers got disabled... Dude this one better work properly :D

@TomJGX M17xR4 included.

GeForce 347.88 WHQL

Crashes... However the nvidia hd audio drivers do appear in this one. The one I have attached does work, although it does "not" include hd audio drivers, can these be added to this one? This was retrieved from another forum. Confirmed working in Alienware 17.

nvcvi working optimus 347.88.zip

- - - Updated - - -

Overclocking is back! Enjoy It While You Can...;)

Desktop entries/nv_dispi.inf v347.88 - AW 18/17 - M18x/M17x - 980M - 970M - 880M - 780M - 680M

GeForce 347.88 WHQL

Also to go back and confirm this mod will work in dedicated mode correct?

Crashes... However the nvidia hd audio drivers do appear in this one. The one I have attached does work, although it does "not" include hd audio drivers, can these be added to this one? This was retrieved from another forum. Confirmed working in Alienware 17.

[ATTACH]14377[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Also to go back and confirm this mod will work in dedicated mode correct?

Yep, nv_dispi.inf/Dedicated

- - - Updated - - -

'DDU' always uncheck AMD audio BUS (bug), setting doesn't stick.

@jand2340 try this too (below), 'Re-extract driver to ensure that all INFs are stock, then keep overwriting nvcivi.inf'

GeForce 347.88 WHQL

nvcvi.inf_(1)_v347.88_Optimus.zip

nvcvi.inf_(2)_v347.88_Optimus.zip

I'm confused re install by ddu after each one I use? 4 times?

That's correct, first try both from my previous post instead, if it works you don't need to install the ones I linked. Re-extract driver to ensure that all INFs are stock, then keep overwriting nvcivi.inf.

Ok skipped to the second set after reading the other posters comments, first file lists the HD Audio driver. Seems to work ok in the couple gaming tests, all my overclocking options are listed.

Going to test the second one now, as an added note it seems now that my second monitor wakes from sleep automatically. Since I started using the modified VBIOS I had to wake the computer up then cycle the power on the monitor. So great.

On to the second file now.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok second file installs fine, I also now get the option for the 3D Vision Driver as well on top of the HD Audio driver. Seems to function the same, no visible differences just yet. I'll go about my normal gaming maybe run a couple benchmarks later and get back to you.

LOL I tried all of the inf mods with the 347.88 and none have installed correctly.

the drivers Ive successfully been able to get to install properly are the

344.80,344.52 and the 344.57.

Did you switch to Intel HD (Integrated) before installing NV drivers post #161...? jjbettcher's AW17 seems to install fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok skipped to the second set after reading the other posters comments, first file lists the HD Audio driver. Seems to work ok in the couple gaming tests, all my overclocking options are listed.

Going to test the second one now, as an added note it seems now that my second monitor wakes from sleep automatically. Since I started using the modified VBIOS I had to wake the computer up then cycle the power on the monitor. So great.

On to the second file now.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok second file installs fine, I also now get the option for the 3D Vision Driver as well on top of the HD Audio driver. Seems to function the same, no visible differences just yet. I'll go about my normal gaming maybe run a couple benchmarks later and get back to you.

@jjbettcher second version worked without issues?

Intel HD4600 drivers, which version? Dell official drivers?

AW OSD version?

Hey J95,

I just tried these new 347.88 drivers on my Alienware 18 and they seem to install okay however when running benches and games the clocks seem to be stuck at only 540Mhz core and 1600Mhz mem.

Any ideas?

Also i just tried to OC and it only allows me to do the core but the memory keeps bouncing back.

Strange.

Cheers. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you switch to Intel HD (Integrated) before installing NV drivers post #161...? jjbettcher's AW17 seems to install fine.

- - - Updated - - -

@jjbettcher second version worked without issues?

Intel HD4600 drivers, which version? Dell official drivers?

AW OSD version?

post-33687-14494999670744_thumb.png

Intel Driver 10.18.10.3960

AW OSD 0.33.0.11C

Used your second batch of INF's and the second file. First file lists Audio Driver in install list, and the second one lists both Audio and 3D Vision Driver.

No difference between the two performance wise just the different choices in install options.

I'll also mention that I'm running in Optimus mode, and all my UEFI settings are factory.

• Thumbs Up 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14389[/ATTACH]

Intel Driver 10.18.10.3960

AW OSD 0.33.0.11C

Used your second batch of INF's and the second file. First file lists Audio Driver in install list, and the second one lists both Audio and 3D Vision Driver.

No difference between the two performance wise just the different choices in install options.

I'll also mention that I'm running in Optimus mode, and all my UEFI settings are factory.

It does not seem you are able to overclock the sliders are missing?!

That's just a glitch with the screenshot. I can move the sliders.

post-33687-14494999671373_thumb.jpg

Looks like when you do a in program screenshot, it doesn't display your overclocking settings. But when you do a regular print screen, it captures the sliders, but it doesn't display my current voltage settings, shows them all in the default position. Funky stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

• J95 pinned this topic