wamendonesjr

Help on ASUS G75VW [OVERHEATING PROBLEM]

I have tried the following and my laptop still shuts off randomly when playing games:

1. I have already cleaned the fans and parts from dust

2. I have already put brand new Thermal Grease

(I followed the recommend amount found on this picture)

post-35735-14495000019658_thumb.jpg

THINGS I NOTICED:

1. In Safe mode, my laptop does not shutdown randomly

2. My BIOS VERSION : 04.06.05

3. My Core Temps (After Long Use)

post-35735-14495000019787_thumb.jpg

4. Hot Air blowing out of the back exhaust[on the right side] after few minutes of start up (idle)

post-35735-14495000019918_thumb.jpg

SHOULD I UPDATE THE BIOS to this:

http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/2538-%5Bg75vw%5D-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking.html

WILL THIS FIX THE PROBLEM?

It may be bad paste job! You should spread as thin as possible layer on whole crystal not just put a drop in the middle (its works only for PC's) also repast your gpu. Try to use arctic cooling mx4 paste.

• Thumbs Up 1

also the paste you are using is generic. Try some of the quality stuff, i believe its called arctic silver with diamond like silver particles. Much more conductive and far better heat transfer.
Also if you have overheated and burned your cpu it may bee too late to go back this behavior is not uncommon to me, however it wont hurt to try and use higher quality paste.

FYI you can drill holes under your fans to further increase cooling capacity. Here is a link for a How TO

a

59° is not higher for laptop.. Overtemp.protection is more at 85-95°c.

Hi, 

You should check the temperature under load.  Try some benchmark like 3dmark with cpuz and gpuz open,  that will let you check both temperatures GPU and CPU.  If you can post some capture. 

i did the drilling mod, and it was worth the process, dropped the temps a good amount.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By n0br4n
      Hello guys,
      I've a really weird problem. My laptop has started beeping when use nvidia gpu yesterday. I dissambled my laptop and tried to plug out every single hardware and test them one by one. There's 22 beeps and equal interval beetween them.  It goes shutdown after that 22 beeps.

My laptop is Clevo W650SJ and it uses Nvidia 840M gpu. That problem isn't causing because of windows or installed driver cos i tried to reinstall windows but it started to beeping when w10 installer check devices. Also I've bios password on startup , if i don't type password and hit the enter , it starts beeping after 10-15 sec. Also fan speed goes up to maximum and it doesn't slow down untill i shut it down or shutdown itself.

If i use any program or run a game which uses nvidia gpu , it starts beeping but if i close the game on first beeps , beeping is stops. But fan speed still maxiumum until i shutdown to pc.

I am looking a way to fix it. I didn't make any changes on my pc before than this problem.
    • By hapticfish
      Hi Guys,

Im looking to possibly get a new laptop, but was wondering what laptops you guys would suggest for gaming and that doesn't have hardware whitelisting so I can update my wifi card and other hardware in the future. I heard that Asus doesn't lock down there hardware with a white list. My current laptop, Lenovo Y500 Ideapad, has a white list and im not able to swap out the wifi card because of it. Let me know what you guys think.
    • By Bullfrog098
      Would it be remotely possible to put a newer graphics card in a G75VW?

• By Webshooter38
      Hi all,

I'm debating whether or not to replace the thermal paste in my Lenovo y510p. I've started overclocking a bit, and I have an external fan, but I would like to not have to run the fan as fast because it is a little loud. I have been reading a bit about different thermal pastes, and I'm wondering if there is even a big difference between stock thermal paste, and something like the liquid metal from thermal grizzly. It sounds like it'd work better, but I don't want to fall for a good marketing scheme. If anyone has experience with this and has or hasn't seen big differences, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
      -Web
    • By PatrickBo
      I am now getting the message, 'A problem sending this command to the program in Microsoft Access'.
      This has only just started.
      I'm running Win 8.1 
      ASUS X55A-JH91 15.6 Laptop
      Can anyone advise me of a solution to this. Many Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.