Stuck with purchase problem between M14x or M17xR3

Staff Sargent

• Founder

You should definitely call them, it is very likely you will get a nice discount or at least the backpack, shipping or something else for free.

If you don't want to deal with reps and decide to order online you can check for coupons here I think in the last page at mw86's post there is coupon with 10% discount.

With 2 Alienwares in the house I would be excited too :)

• 3 weeks later...

Will be getting/cashing then putting into our account the settlement money on the 16th!!! I hope to have our order placed that same night. I got a little better deal then my list above. 8GB ram and 20% off my gpu. Dropped the wifi hd so I can purchase an SSD and still be about the price listed above.

I wonder if it will be shipped in time for christmas? The wife is excited not about hers but that my dream machine will finally be mine. I just can't wait to get off this stupid tablet. I could write a long story about living a year with just a tablet and no pc or phone.

placed the order just about an hour ago, got $215 off the order. should see it on or before 12/28 really hope its early but after waiting 15 years I finally can say I ordered an alienware!!!!

Congrats Sarge! I'm glad to see you finally getting your dream pc! Your really going to love it!

I have a feeling you'll fit in just fine here, you seem like a really cool guy, and i hope everything works out for you! :congratulatory:

Congrats Sarge! I'm glad to see you finally getting your dream pc! Your really going to love it!

I have a feeling you'll fit in just fine here, you seem like a really cool guy, and i hope everything works out for you! :congratulatory:

thanks, have been into computers now for 35+ years, love gaming and talking with others about computers. little rough around the edges since I got out but for the most part been a computer geek my whole life. and seriously can't wait to get my hands on the beast. Semi scared it will have some defect but if my luck holds out (knocks on wood) then I will get another machine without issues.

12 hours or so since order was placed and in production! Thought I would stick with updates here instead of in each machines order status sticky thread. 41 and I feel like a kid waiting on santa, even think I had a dream about our aliens. Still need to shop for a mouse and pick up some blank dvds for the back-ups.

Shipping update: getting the 2 backpacks and call of duty modern warfare 3 will be here Friday the 16th. Kinda messed up get the bags and game and can't use em lol. Also they have been calling me 2 calls so far to keep me updated. The wifes m14x has a date of the 22nd or sooner while mine is still the 28th.

• Founder
The wifes m14x shipped, should be here on the 20th. Still waiting on my m17 to ship, really hope its before christmas but will have to wait and see not that I have the ability to wait calmly.

Well at least you have your wife's new computer to play with until yours arrives. My new M18x is on the delivery truck and should be here any minute.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

That's only if she lets me touch it lol, its going to the first computer that's truly hers. I was told they would call me today with an update on the builds so maybe will get good news on getting mine. Both machines start with a ship date of the 28th then hers went to 22nd now it should be here the 20th. So hoping mine gets bumped up at least a few days. I also have a smartphone coming via,fedex today so I have a new toy for something to do lol. We have almost 12 packages coming this week and next spent mad money this past few days.

Very nice Staff Sergeant i hope it ships for you soon. i'm sure although her laptop is her laptop you will be there helping along as its set up the first time. These companies always add on 3rd party "crap-ware" lol. I'm waiting on a call from repair service i'm guessing by now it will be tomorrow. I would game on IGP while GPU's aren't working but its in pieces waiting on the new cards and I figured why put it together to have the tech open it again before ultimately putting it back together again... the plastic tabs on palm rest etc cant take the constant opening and closing....

Mw86, good luck with the repair. The wife and I will both be unboxing the m14. I will help her though all the setup and checking to make sure all is in order and nothing wrong with the build. Will also show her how to do a basic cleaning.

Talked with dell last night my machine is in final stages so I might get lucky and see it by friday doubt it but I can hope.

The m14 showed up today, not even 30sec after getting in the hoise my tablet alerted me to email, my m17 is with fedex will be here tomorrow afternoon. The 14 what little time I have used it seems like a sweet machine. She will be very happy! I am very excited to see mine will be here before christmas and I don't have to look at the m14 long before mine gets here. Already have battlefield 3 and COD MW3 waiting to get installed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Great Staff Sergent that's wonderful news in sure you will love your new system when it finally gets there. The M14 is a very fine powerful rig I'm sure your life will grow to love. Hang in there its almost there.