VERDE driver Problem Identified

Nekojin

Hi Forum :) A lot of people with an Alienware M14x have trouble with the latest nVidia drivers. Even with a modded inf and after a succesful installation, the m14x doesn't seem to recognize the Geforce GT 555m graphics card and uses the integrated Intel graphic for gaming. Well, the good news is: There is no problem with the drivers being buggy or not compatible (even the newest 280.26). The problem is related with the display not being recognized correctly. If you connect an external Display (I have a Acer GD245HQ - 3D Vision Display) to the Notebook (I took HDMI slot), everything works fine. So my guess is, that you also have to modify other files, or that you need to change more than just [Manufacturer], [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0] and [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]. Hopefully somebody can find a solution on how to fix this. Thanks

No not yeat. Maybe this is the option that I was looking forward. I will test it right away. The 275.50 beta drivers are working fine with the modded inf. 280.19 and 280.26 are also working, but only when you attach an external display. When you right click on your desktop and choose the third last option (screen resolution or similar, my windows is german) and then advanced options, you should see where the laptop monitor is connected. If you have attached an external display, you will see the geforce. When you use the official dell drivers, you should see this too. On the beta drivers 280.19 and the latest whql however, you only see an external display port and the integrated graphics card. I was not able to swap the display from integrated to geforce. If there is a way to permanently use the geforce, I would try this. Deactivating the integrated graphics card is not a good idea. you will have to reboot into save mode or hard reset it... //Edit// No, this doesn't work. I guess you have to change some inf files.

Edited by Nekojin

I will be updating to the 280.26 drivers with modded inf. I will run a 3dmark11 stock and oc of 770/900 with my current drivers (275.33 and modded inf) and then stock and oc of 770/900 with the new drivers.

I'll try to get to this tomorrow if i can, i have some work i need to get done. I'll keep you guys posted

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi, just installed them and run 3d mark 11, vantage and 2006. On all 3 benchmarks I got slightly lower scores than on 275.50 3D Mark 11 I had 3 Points less, 3D Mark Vantage about 90 Points and 3d Mark 2006 about 100. I used OC settings in MSI Afterburner (maximum settings 770 / 1540 / 1170) I keep testing and report back later.

• Thumbs Up 2

After a few hours of benchmarking I still have the same results. 280.26 is slightly slower than 275.50.

Since the difference is very small, I will not go back to 275.50 for compatibility reasons and new games support.