GT 70 GTX 770M downgrade to GTX680M

hans123

Hey i have a problem after changing my GTX770M to the GTX680M. The GPU will be recognized in the Safetymode of Windows and i am able to install the NVIDIA driver there but everytime i change Windows into the normal mode i get a blackscreen after the MSI logo..... Please help me!!

Best regards. :(

Hey i have a problem after changing my GTX770M to the GTX680M. The GPU will be recognized in the Safetymode of Windows and i am able to install the NVIDIA driver there but everytime i change Windows into the normal mode i get a blackscreen after the MSI logo..... Please help me!!

Best regards. :(

What drivers are you using

Hey sorry for the late answer.. I tried to install the 340.43 driver with modded inf. file in the windows device manager and everytime the driver can't been installed. In GPU-Z the card was shown as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.. i also tryed the 320 driver with the modded inf. file but no luck. And everytime i flash the msi vbios there is a blackscreen after the msi logo at the startup. When i use the Dell vbios everything is ok but i can't install the driver.

Best regards!

What reason is it giving for not installing a driver? Does it say no compatible devices or does it just say that the installation failed?

Also you must use dell vbios. clevo/msi are interchangeable but not dell/msi.

Hey i already flashed the clevo vbios from your downloadlink iTzZent... I only can see the Micosoft Basic Display Adapter in GPU-Z. I attached a screenshot of what i can see in GPU-Z. I also attached a few other screenshots of the device manager in Windows and when i try to install a driver through the windows manager. Yesterday i cleaned all driver files with the recommended programm but unfortunately it changed nothing..

Best regards!

post-20757-14494997899823_thumb.png

post-20757-14494997900276_thumb.png

post-20757-14494997900864_thumb.png

Do not install drivers through the device manager. Just run the setup.exe from the Nvidia driver download package.

The microsoft driver does not matter. What happens when you try installing an Nvidia driver? Does it says that there is no supported adapter immediately, or does it try installing but installation failed?

Ok that means that the driver .inf must be modified. I've never had to do it but I know that there is a card ID and a system ID that must be placed in the driver .inf. If you used a pre-modified one, it probably was for another system and thus didn't work. I know that there is a modification guide somewhere in the Alienware section. @J95 knows how to do this if you can't find it.

Hello thank you for your fast answer! But i don't know what information do you exactly need... sorry

Edit:

i think you need this:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_09641462&REV_A1

- Download GeForce 340.43 Beta

- Disable driver signing.

- Extract driver w/ 7-Zip/winrar.

- Display.Driver folder -> open NVMIi.inf (notepad) CTRL+H -> Find What: 10BC Replace With: 0964 -> Hit 'Replace All' -> Save.

- Nvidia 340.43...International folder\ run setup exe.

Battery boost model? copy/paste NVWMI folder (340.43...International) from the latest MSI drivers/download -> Nvidia 340.43...International folder\ run setup exe.

Here http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-234.html#post56088

thank you very much! i will try it tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11957[/ATTACH]

Nope, NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0964.1462 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M" http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/5249-%5Bguide%5D-modding-nvidia-oem-inf-files.html

11A0 = 680M

0964 = GT 70

1462 = MSI

CTRL+H -> Find What: 10BC Replace With: 0964 -> Hit 'Replace All' -> Save.

Battery boost model? copy/paste NVWMI folder (340.43...International) from the latest MSI drivers/download -> Nvidia 340.43...International folder\ run setup exe.

Here http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-234.html#post56088