Intel extends warranty of the 320 series SSD to 5 years

svl7

I've just come across this article in the Intel newsroom, great news imo, seems I have now 5 years (!) warranty on my SSD :D

Confident in the enhanced reliability features of its recently introduced third-generation solid-state drive (SSD), Intel announced it has extended its limited warranty for the Intel® SSD 320 Series from three years to five years. The extended warranty term will apply to all Intel SSD 320 Series drives, including those already purchased. Additional limitations apply to enterprise usage levels.

Source: Intel newsroom

• Thumbs Up 1

Good for Intel.

I was wondering why PR was underlined in your post Michael, got quite a good laugh when I realised it was a helpful little explanation popup, check out what this one said -

pageranking.png

:01:

Well 5 years is a long time good to see its there even if it never gets used.

It's also nice if you for example sell your SSD after two years and can say it still has 3 years warranty left :D

• Thumbs Up 1

yeah, I am currently looking at that SSD, as I understand it has very good reviews ... I'm seriously considering buying it, and yes 5yrs warranty!

is on sale at newegg at $314.49 plus Intel Gift Game - Ubisoft Assassin's Creed Brotherhood :D

any thoughts about this? How about this one OCZ Agility 2 OCZ SSD?

I do have thoughts on the OCZ Agility... if your going OCZ don't go agility series.. I've read of their lack luster performance and for similar prices close to all other ssd drives... so they are not worth it. Stick with that Intel or if going OCZ don't go Agility... you could try Vertex 3 by OCZ just not Agility. But you can't go wrong with that Intel to be honest... dependable, fast and oh yeah 5 year warranty!