Razer Support ?

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone here had experience with Razer Tech Support. My Mamba died (well sort of, it doesn't move left-right lol) and I've been trying to get some support, since it has 2 year warranty.

After quite a bit of googling I managed to find this e-mail: [email protected] where I sent my inquiry but got no reply in 6 days. Anyone here has their phone number or anything?

Their website looks like they really tried their best to hide their info.

• Founder

Hey, yeah, i dealt with their tech support over the phone. However, i can't seem to find their phone number now, it seems they removed all phone numbers from their site.

What the hell ?!

Yeah, back in june/2010 i did contacted Razer support for my Razer Mamba complaining about the mouse was a pain in the butt to use,they responded 30 days later!, gave me a customer #and a case # then asked me updated firmware etc..

Everytime i reboot the pc or turning it on the mouse is so slow being recognized by the pc, sometime not at all!!

I told them that i want to make the pc boot up faster by using ssd hard drive but the mouse defeated the purpose of faster boot!

In the end they asked me to exchanged another mouse from retailer.........But it behave just the same as the last one!

Be patient, they will contact you, hopefully not 30 days later !!

Razer has really revolutionary products and great media campaigns, but when we need support they conveniently absent.

Case and point I have a Razer Nostromo, and In the past they had forums with a lot of customers complaining about software and drivers. Razer answer to this?, they just got rid of the forums when they change the website format, with most of the problems unresolved.

So I can't say I am surprise at the lack of contact information and the lack of customer support.

OK, freaking finally found it on their web:

"Should you encounter any problems with your Razer product or any difficulty in downloading or installing the driver, please submit an email to techsupport at razersupport.com. To allow for more efficient assistance, please be sure to note the product you are having trouble with and give us an accurate description of your problem. The support team will get back to you within two business days.

If you are a US or Canadian customer, you may also contact us at (888) 697-2037. Phone support hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm PST/PDT, Monday through Friday, excluding major USA holidays.

See our warranty terms and conditions for more detailed information regarding our warranty policies."

--

As what the problems are I had the problem before. And it turns out my friend who also uses the Mamba mouse has the same symptoms! It seems there's a bug with mouse occasionally bugging into just going up-down (or just stays frozen into place) every once in a while if you keep disconnecting and reconnecting it. What happened with mine, is that it now happens all the time, instead of just once every few months so it's unusable.

I'll try and see if I can get Epic Naga instead, since it costs the same. As for my friend, it's the guy I gave the easter razer code to last year when Michael asked me. :D

Edited by unreal25
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Founder

So unreal, did u call in yet? I had that same thing happen to my mamba occasionally, plus I didn't like it's size and the bulky charger. Ended up selling it and getting a Orochi instead. So far I really enjoy it

From Amazon review -

"This is probably the best bluetooth mouse on the market except for one fatal flaw. After just 2 or 3 seconds of inactivity, the mouse goes to sleep. When you try to move the mouse again, there is a slight delay for the bluetooth connection to be reestablished. There is no excuse for this setting to not be user changesble! I would much rather the sleep delay time to be around a minute and loose some battery life than to constantly be annoyed by a hesitant cursor every time I stop to read something on the internet. They could probably easily fix this with a driver update, but it hasn't happened yet. If you go to Razer's website and go to the Knowledge Database for the Orochi, three of the four problems are this delay. So they know its a problem but haven't fixed it. Their solution is to use it in wired mode. HELLO!! I bought a very expensive WIRELESS mouse. Anywho, I have returned this mouse. I would repurchase it if they fix the delay problem."

• Founder

Oh yeah, now that you mentioned it i can see it happen but it doesn't bother me it all so far.

I mean we're talking about a third of a second delay or so...

Damn, i hope it won't bother me now i know it's there :D

So unreal, did u call in yet? I had that same thing happen to my mamba occasionally, plus I didn't like it's size and the bulky charger. Ended up selling it and getting a Orochi instead. So far I really enjoy it

Ah nope, I'm overcrowded with work these days. Basically I only have time in the evening when I get home from the lab.

I like the size and feel of the Mamba, definitely. I don't like small mice. Razer hasn't updated their firmware in quite a while (and there doesn't seem to be any indication that they will). In the worst case, I'll just buy another mouse. I just don't know which one - I was "window-shopping" Roccat mice. I'd go for Logitech G700 but I heard it has an annoying bug where the mouse doesn't move if you move it very little. If I do get a new replacement Mamba, I think I might just sell it.

I currently use G7 at home - and while the surface doesn't feel as good as Mamba I definitely like it. Especially because I can actually use it on wireless _all_ the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I prefer a big mouse too. I'm still looking for a perfect mouse. I think the RAT 9 looks promising. I like the precision button idea and adjustable size.

Edited by mw86