Video card memory test

vendor name: NVIDIA Corporation

Product ID: GK104 Board - 20530001

Vendor Version: Chip Rev

Memory Start = 0*c1000000 Memory size tested 14.00MB

Test Results: Pass

if u need anymore info let me know.

thanks

Maybe i should wait, before flashing the vbios, Eurocom should get back to me since tomorrow is monday (they dont work on the weekend). in the mean time ill prepare a usb drive to flash the vbios.

Went to the dell support page, found the driver (v311.48) they are using for the 780m with the new alienware 17, lauched it, ofcourse it failed.

modded the nvdm.

It did install but when reboot in normal mode, same thing, blank screen.

I think you may have misread the disclaimer from that ebay listing. That card doesn't seem to work AT ALL on a laptop that is 3D enabled. So I think this card isn't compatible at all even if you disable 3D somewhere. If you do indeed have an Alienware M17X R3 3D, then you just bought yourself a $900 paper weight (until Dell posts a fix of some sort.).

I think you may have misread the disclaimer from that ebay listing. That card doesn't seem to work AT ALL on a laptop that is 3D enabled. So I think this card isn't compatible at all even if you disable 3D somewhere. If you do indeed have an Alienware M17X R3 3D, then you just bought yourself a $900 paper weight (until Dell posts a fix of some sort.).

Please read previous posts, i did precise i do not have a 3D screen, also i uploaded pictures of my screen details in posts.

I know that @chiefule got it working in his system with no issues at all, you must be doing something wrong.

i know i checked @chiefule post while doing my research before i buying the 780m. if i`m doing something wrong it beats me, i don't know what.

i tried contacting him, but he hasn`t replied yet.

i tried contacting him, but he hasn`t replied yet.

And he won't anytime soon cause he's offline for quite a while and enjoying some holidays, I'll let you know if I hear back.

i tried re installing Windows 7 using the installation disk, with the 780m in the system, with IGD disabled and PEG enabled.

it did boot from the cd and installed but when it suppose to verify the system video card and other stuff i got the blank screen AGAIN!!!!

Needless to say this is very very frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

im not flashing the card yet, i`ll wait for eurocom to get back to me. See if they have a solution (im hopeful....)

- - - Updated - - -

@svl7 do i need to have an Nvidia driver installed before flashing the vbios.

Chiefule just told me that it was plug and play for him, disabled the igfx in the bios and set the display to PEG and it worked, you're most likely doing something wrong. If not then your only option is to flash that vbios. I don't see how waiting for eurocom to reply helps. And no you don't need a driver installed for vbios flashing.

All,

I have the Alienware M17x R3 3D 120hz.

I bought the 780M and So far my testing:

My new machine (for some odd reason it wont save it to my profile.) and for some odd reason 3DMark 11 is not recognizing the graphics card but you can see the driver name is correct.

Generic VGA video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2720QM Processor,Alienware M17xR3

My old machine

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2720QM Processor,Alienware M17xR3

I will post more and instructions on how i did it sometime today/tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 2

All,

I have the Alienware M17x R3 3D 120hz.

I bought the 780M and So far my testing:

My new machine (for some odd reason it wont save it to my profile.) and for some odd reason 3DMark 11 is not recognizing the graphics card but you can see the driver name is correct.

Generic VGA video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2720QM Processor,Alienware M17xR3

My old machine

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2720QM Processor,Alienware M17xR3

I will post more and instructions on how i did it sometime today/tomorrow.

did you just plug it and disabled IGD and enabled PEG, and booted to desktop?

I installed the A12 UNLOCKED BIOS first

uninstalled ALL nvidia drivers.

Shutdown

Removed old card

installed new card

Turn on machine

F2

Turn off IGD

PEG for primary display

advanced settings for video - always enable PEG and made sure this one setting that allowed more time for PEG to be detected was enabled

Save & Restart

Booted to Desktop

Downloaded the latest drivers

Stopped it from installing because i just want it to unpackage to my C:\ drive

Downloaded j95's modified .inf file and replaced it inside that C:\Nvidia\nVidia.driver

Installer recognizes my video card and continue installation.

Viola

I should note that my vBIos version is the same as yours. The only difference was the manufacturing date...mine was 7/13, yours said 6/13

veer, this is a long shot, and may only help if it's a software problem with the modded driver you're using, but have you tried a driver from laptopvideo2go using their nvwin.inf? They seem to use nvwin.inf to make drivers compatible. That's what I'm using on mine, 320.49 driver downloaded from NVidia website, and then just replacing laptopvideo2go nvwin.inf into the driver folder. Perhaps uninstall all traces of NVidia from Programs & Features, then run DriverSweeper to remove any NVidia remnants, then install something like 320.49 with the nvwin.inf from laptopvideo2go that I mentioned.

So, after a long wait for eurocom to get back to me, i just got an email, they asked to to send the card back to them, as there might be a manufacturer's defect. so I'll let you guys know when i do get a replacement.

Thanks guys for your ideas and time you've put into advising me. figures cross everything goes well from here and on.