OFFICIAL: Alienware M18x Order Status Thread

• Founder
Funny you mention that Michael, the rep i was talking to mention that phones where going off the hook and they where caught a little by surprise by the amount of demand for the m18x, specially since it was a ninja released, no big annoucement, no fanfare they just added to website while we where not looking at it.

Mine doesn't ship until the 24/25.

And about un boxing pics don't make me re post the video sitting in crazy videos.

Notice that i asked for pix, i hate unboxing videos as much as you. Pix however are a different issue :)

Ack well im shuffling things around i haggled a badass deal but have no way to pay for it as im typing this out on my 17x r3 that is suposed to be returned to free up my dell account lol.

so ill prob get it ordered tomorrow on 3 different cards lol

got 200 off, free shipping and half priced backpack lol

took and i spent one and a half hours on the phone to do it lol

• Founder
Congrats on your orders guys the wait is horrible on the phone and the delivery wait will drive you mad.

Did your M18x get ordered yet?

Brian I don't see a backpack in your order, are yuo gonna get one aftermarket of you gonna use a Railey's paper bag? Also The price you got is not achievable unless you doing Jedi mind tricks.:11_002:

• Founder
Brian I don't see a backpack in your order, are yuo gonna get one aftermarket of you gonna use a Railey's paper bag? Also The price you got is not achievable unless you doing Jedi mind tricks.:11_002:

I already have an Alienware Orion backpack, I'm pretty sure it will work just fine with the M18x since it has room to spare. The price I got is feasible if you know how to haggle with Dell. :moneygrubber:

I already have an Alienware Orion backpack, I'm pretty sure it will work just fine with the M18x since it has room to spare. The price I got is feasible if you know how to haggle with Dell. :moneygrubber:

So it Seems is paper then cause that Orion Backpack you have won't work on your m18x, I was going to do same maneuver but the m18x won't fit in there.

• Founder
So it Seems is paper then cause that Orion Backpack you have won't work on your m18x, I was going to do same maneuver but the m18x won't fit in there.

I don't see why it wouldn't. The M18x is nearly the same size as the M17x-R2.

Received this e-mail today:

"Dell Order Has Shipped" and I was like Wow my m18x was magically done in 3 hours woot /sarcasm.

But is good to know backpack was shipped today, at least I can tease Brian with it since he didn't got one with his order and would using this to move his computer.

post-135-14494987859421_thumb.jpg

Alright guys...

Anyone considering a 2920XM should probably hold off on buying it!!!

Intel announces 3D Tri-Gate transistors | bit-tech.net

Check the link.

Intel just dropped a fucking bomb on the microprocessor world. Ivy bridge is gonna drop soon, and will contain a much higher performance increase than originally hinted.

Intel first said the ivy die shrink would be 20% more performance, but this is incorrect as they had an ace up their sleeve.

Ivy bridge will now have a 37% performance increase over Sandy bridge, clock for clock!

Thats nearly 40% boost... that is jaw dropping, and usually only tock implementations have that kind of increase in performance. In engineering terms, this is fucking insane!

My recommendation is get the 2720qm for now, and ebay an ivy XM as soon as it drops!

-Ash

Ivy is backwards compatible with Sandy bridge chipsets, thankfully, and seeing as CPU's dont have bioses it will work just fine - at worst it will display in the bios as "unknown CPU".

Also, as for my "soon" comment on release, we are looking at a release around the time of bulldozer, so about June 11th for Ivy.

Ivy is just entering mass production now, and intel usually mass produces for about 3-6 months before a release date in order to have enough stock to sell. Rumors are that production speed has been ramped up in order to steal bulldozer's thunder - and this is gonna be devasting for AMD.

Ivy looks to be on average 30-50% faster clock for clock than bulldozer... :(

-Ash

Well seeing as neither has been released yet I'll say bulldozer looks to be 39percent faster than ivy! Ha! Take that intel lol

Truth is we really don't know what bulldozer can do as it doesn't resemble any current achetecture. So let's wait for the holy crusade for when jes... I mean ivy comes. Lol

Speaking of backpacks I'm on the fence about weather to get the backpack or te briefcase.... Anyone know if the quality is there with this brand?

Bulldozer isnt going to impress anyone because it isnt refined.

Bulldozer is a fucking **amazing** jaw dropping design - it is the future of multi chip architecture (it would be perfect if it had intels ring bus tech though...) and the multi core system is amazing.

Only problem is, its revision 1, and any performance hitches in it wont be attacked until further down the track.

With each revision of bulldozer, it will increase in performance drastically. In about 3 revisions, AMD will be at least the same level of performance as intel, and then after that will come out on top again.

For now, intel has reign. In 2+ years, that will end.

-Ash

Ok just read up on the new design. Good job intel. Skynet can now play cryses.

I think amd will be outmatched, and give up on x86 and intel will be overjoyed at there monopoly, and raise there prices And the market will raise there middle fingers and ARM/AMD will take over personal computing mainstream and become the new omnipotent silicon/graphene superpower to rape our willing pocketbooks.

Or we will be able to celebrate x86s 100th anniversary of backwards compatibility by installing that 14.4 pci modem I know everyone has been keeping around, just for that special occasion....

Wow off topic. Damnit this is why I don't drink coffee after 4 pm.

lol i'm gonna laugh when I show you the M18x fitting snugly inside my existing Orion backpack :)

I assume we'll be laughing together. I see no reason why the current Orion backpack won't hold something about an inch bigger. :)

Thats nearly 40% boost... that is jaw dropping, and usually only tock implementations have that kind of increase in performance. In engineering terms, this is fucking insane!

My recommendation is get the 2720qm for now, and ebay an ivy XM as soon as it drops!

Waitadamnsecond! Are you saying there will be new tech out in the near future that will OUTPERFORM the current tech?!?

Shut you your damn, dirty, lyin' hole. gnash.gif

tongue.gif

I assume we'll be laughing together. I see no reason why the current Orion backpack won't hold something about an inch bigger. :)

The m18x is not only 1 inch bigger than the m17-R3 looks can be deceiving. the whole computer is more massive than you think, as for you guys laughing together sounds good. At least you guys will be in the same place when I come with pitchforks and torches:Banane31:

The m18x is not only 1 inch bigger than the m17-R3 looks can be deceiving.

I was referring to my old rig ... a M17x-R2. ;)

M17x-R2

Height: 2.02-2.11 in.

Width: 15.98 in.

Depth: 12.65 in.

M18x

Height: 2.09-2.13 in.

Width: 17.17 in.

Depth: 12.68 in.

About 1 inch diff. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

lol yep we sure will. The existing orion backpack is more than big enough to take on the M18x.

Quantity Item Number Description

1 225-0887 Alienware M18x Space Black Anodized Aluminum

1 317-6855 Intel Core i7 2720QM 2.2GHz (3.3GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)

1 317-6851 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz (2DIMMS)

1 331-2428 Alienware M18x 330W A/C Adapter

1 320-2269 18.4-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 WLED

1 320-2271 Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6970M - AMD CrossFireX

1 342-2626 320GB 7,200RPM HDD

1 330-6106 Personalized Nameplate Trigger

1 331-2426 Custom Nameplate

1 313-8792 AlienFX Color, Quasar Blue

1 421-5099 Alienware Command Center, M18X

1 421-1400 Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

1 420-9691 DataSafe Local BackUp

1 420-9956 Vista PC Restore

1 421-0092 DELL-DOWNLOAD-FLAG

1 410-0548 Adobe Acrobat Reader

1 318-0842 Slot-Load Dual Layer DVD Burner, DVD+-RW, CD-RW

1 421-1305 Roxio Creator Starter

1 318-0770 Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound Audio

1 430-4150 Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 a/b/g/n 3x3 MIMO Technology

1 469-0549 Bluetooth 3.0

1 330-6350 Automatic Updates: Critical Updates Only

1 953-9080 Dell Hardware Warranty Plus On-Site Service, Initial Year

1 953-9100 Third Party At Home Service, 24x7 Technical Support, Initial Year

1 950-3337 1 Year Limited Warranty

1 950-9797 No Warranty, Year 2 and 3

1 421-1723 Soft Contracts Dell In-Home Hardware Agreement for Alienware

1 994-3730 Warranty Support, Initial Year

1 421-1587 Alien Red Glyphs

1 421-1597 Alien Red Glyphs

1 421-1360 Steam and Portal Factory Installed

1 330-5090 Thank You for Purchasing AlienWare

1 464-7521 Special Offer - $150 off

subtotal $2,469.00

tax $229.62

$2698.62 total

I still havent shipped the r3 back lol how cool am i i got 5 grand in brand new alienware laptops... and a couple maxed out credit cards =)

they will be ok lol.

I also got half off on the 18x backpack.

cant wait to bench it!

PS. i have been getting pms on my dell reps info so ill post it here

his name is dan, extension is 4161321

tell him jason treadwell from tech inferno referred you.

• Guest unpinned this topic