OFFICIAL: Alienware M18x Order Status Thread

why 6k? where there is no possible configuration I see that you would need to shelve 6k. Mw I would recommend you get the system around the 3k mark and the upgrade with aftermarket parts. Dell Upgrades seems a little high. I know you want a speed demon but getting the system is the goal, because then you can add and configure at your hearts desire. Get the basics. dual ATI Video cards processor and minimal memory, get a normal HDD and go from there. That config will run you around 3300 3500.

The prob is I wasn't able to get a refund, only an exchange... and have to be same price or more... on the Dell Preferred Account and the one for my R2 totaled $5,800+ so I'm okay with it just trying to get as much in it as possible for that price...

Just got my order in. I don't know if they're able to do much of a discount or anything, meh... I only got like 3% Student discount :/

2720QM/8GB RAM/500GB SSD Hybrid/Dual 6970s/BluRay/Backpack/2yr warranty for $3370. I don't think I'm able to get a better deal though given my status and all that (international student).

Delivery date June 7, ouch!

Edited by GabrielZ

Sadly the ATI dual video cards seems is out of my budget unless I do 4 Gig Ram memory and Windows 7 Home premium since I wasn't Factoring the Backpack.

I talked to a Rep and he said that the 17 backpack would be useless for the m18x, so I need the backpack, what to do what to do I feel like pulling my hair quack!

Alienware M18x Space Black Anodized Aluminum

Intel Core i7 2720QM 2.2GHz (3.3GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)

6GB DDR3 at 1333MHz (2DIMMS)

Alienware M18x 330W A/C Adapter

18.4-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 WLED

Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6970M - AMD CrossFireX

Genuine Windows 7 Professional, 64bit, English

750GB 7,200RPM SATA 3Gb/s

Alienware Orion M18x Backpack - TSA Friendly

Oh yea right final price. Final price was $3217 for the monster itself plus 119.99 for the backpack(cause monster wont fit on the m17x backpack) after taxes environmental disposal fee, Tax 2 and 3 brackets it came to a whooping $3612.57.

Now I haggle as much as I could but I didn't had a lot of room to do so since is their brand new flagship and they not about to soften the prices, not on the first day and we all know that, But I actually got a coupon for free deliver 3-5 day after I told my rep that if I didn't got a discount I would be sending Brian K to clean out The Alienware HQ in Florida, he got so scared that it got me a shipping coupon on the spot.

• Founder
Alienware M18x Space Black Anodized Aluminum

Intel Core i7 2720QM 2.2GHz (3.3GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)

6GB DDR3 at 1333MHz (2DIMMS)

Alienware M18x 330W A/C Adapter

18.4-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 WLED

Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6970M - AMD CrossFireX

Genuine Windows 7 Professional, 64bit, English

750GB 7,200RPM SATA 3Gb/s

Alienware Orion M18x Backpack - TSA Friendly

Oh yea right final price. Final price was $3217 for the monster itself plus 119.99 for the backpack(cause monster wont fit on the m17x backpack) after taxes environmental disposal fee, Tax 2 and 3 brackets it came to a whooping $3612.57.

Now I haggle as much as I could but I didn't had a lot of room to do so since is their brand new flagship and they not about to soften the prices, not on the first day and we all know that, But I actually got a coupon for free deliver 3-5 day after I told my rep that if I didn't got a discount I would be sending Brian K to clean out The Alienware HQ in Florida, he got so scared that it got me a shipping coupon on the spot.

Congrats man, hope you get it fast!

Question, wouldn't it be cheaper if you initially got the 4GB RAM and Windows home premium and upgrade them later on by yourself? Just a thought...

This is the cost to upgrade from Home Premium to Professional: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/windows-7-upgrade-to-professional.aspx

Dell asks you $150 instead (which is $60 more)

Also Dell asks for 6GB to add $60 extra, while you could get the 4GB that come by default with the system + spend $50 for 4GB for a total of 8GB in your system,

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MV-3T4G4-Laptop-1333MHz-PC3-10600/dp/B004BDOT7C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1304494604&sr=8-5

or pay like $22 to get 2GB extra for a total of 6GB in your system

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-ValueRAM-PC3-10600-KVR1333D3N9-2G/dp/B0019MI1CW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304494604&sr=8-3

(those were found with a very fast search, probably you can find better deals)

so you could save almost $80 that you could use for the backpack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya that was a good Idea the issue is order is place and I cant really touch it as it stand, that would mean changing the order and honestly I need the laptop yesterday. I really appreciate all the help I was given today, next time I will put the quoted price and configuration for a better result.

If that's the case yes...

I hope you don't get me wrong and you think I am just brushing you off, I really grateful for the advice, it just the window to change my order is long gone.

• Founder
I hope you don't get me wrong and you think I am just brushing you off, I really grateful for the advice, it just the window to change my order is long gone.

Trust me I totally understand you, plus I hate the waiting on the phone more than anything, moreover if I need something ASAP then I don't mind the extra cost...

I bet the first orders will come out pretty fast though, i think you'll get it before that since they are not overloaded with orders and there are no parts shortages.
That what I'm hoping for. Got my order in pretty early in the day which is nice. :)

I bet the first orders will come out pretty fast though, i think you'll get it before that since they are not overloaded with orders and there are no parts shortages.

Funny you mention that Michael, the rep i was talking to mention that phones where going off the hook and they where caught a little by surprise by the amount of demand for the m18x, specially since it was a ninja released, no big annoucement, no fanfare they just added to website while we where not looking at it.

Mine doesn't ship until the 24/25.

And about un boxing pics don't make me re post the video sitting in crazy videos.

• Guest unpinned this topic