Enya

Question

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I don't suggest anything Lenovo. I've never had this much difficulty with service and support...let alone issues with the laptop. They may seem like a bang for your buck...but in the long run you'll realize spending a little less means a lot more of a headache!

need some help.

should I upgrade my y400[gt 750m] to Sli or just go for a new laptop with gtx 860m ?

Since there's not much different in terms of performance as far as I know.

If there is not much of a difference in performance then price would be the only other factor and I would think that going SLI would probably be the cheaper option but I may be wrong.

That said, I don't have a Y400 but, if I recall correctly from when I last researched buying a laptop, the Y400 does not allow for SLI unless the swappable bay does indeed allow for this to take place - If I were you I would first confirm if you could indeed go SLI and the reexamine your options.

Sorry I cannot assist you more but I hope this helps,

need some help.

should I upgrade my y400[gt 750m] to Sli or just go for a new laptop with gtx 860m ?

Since there's not much different in terms of performance as far as I know.

If there is not much of a difference in performance then price would be the only other factor and I would think that going SLI would probably be the cheaper option but I may be wrong.

That said, I don't have a Y400 but, if I recall correctly from when I last researched buying a laptop, the Y400 does not allow for SLI unless the swappable bay does indeed allow for this to take place - If I were you I would first confirm if you could indeed go SLI and the reexamine your options.

You might also want to find out if you would need to upgrade the power supply to support SLI.

You might also want to find out if you would need to upgrade the power supply to support SLI.

Thanks.

I've done my homework.

Yes, I'll need a need more powerful power supply, a modded y500 GPU[gt 750m] ultrabay since y400 GPU ultrabay doesn't exist and some bios update.

the total cost would be 'round 1/3 of a new laptop with gtx 860m.

but still, the words "new is always better." in Barney Stinson voice keep on ringing in my head.

same with me i got alienware m17x. its little heavy and battery dies every 3 hours. I am planning to buy extra battery unit so in case of no outlet I can use.

Wait, you bought a gaming laptop and are actually trying to use it as a laptop?

Irony. Lulz. My AW17 has rarely been on battery power.