G53jw GPU Upgrade to Amd hd7970m

Hello, I found that clevo cards work on g73jw if flashed probably. I wonder if this is going to work on g53 model. They both have the same sink sesign, but different mobos. I couldn't find any trial or a success /fail story on the internet,Im aware that I need a g53jh model, and Im thinking of a possible way to flash a g53jh bios into a g53jw mobo. please help. Thank you all.

I should clarify my last message to note that what I meant is that I own both G73 and G75. As they are both the best buy versions, they didn't have the max video HP available, and I am curious what options are out there.

Thanks.

Rolf

This is interesting... do they also work on, say, the G75?

As an owner of both I must admit to being curious. Where is the information as to how to 'properly flash' the card/laptop?

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but the only reason the 7970m and 6990m (also 6970m) work on the G73jh is because that specific model has the correct standard MXM slot.

All the other G-series models use the in-house Asus MXM slot that is both model specific and only accepts Asus mobile cards. Thus flashing wouldn't be necessary since you could not even install a new card correctly.

The G53JW should use the same connector, also with the G73 and 53 the problem isn't the connector itself, there are many more things when it comes to MXM, software interfaces, which are missing.

• Thumbs Up 2

The G53JW should use the same connector, also with the G73 and 53 the problem isn't the connector itself, there are many more things when it comes to MXM, software interfaces, which are missing.

Hmm, do you mean software in nand/bios? I know that my question is very retarded, and honestly, I read many threads made by you, and I know how knowledgeable you are.

Regards and thank you very much for contributing.