New (clevo) Horize P370EM beast laptop

Clevorr

Hi members, just joined and found some awesome info for my new Clevo including bios mods etc.. So ill be sticking around here and thought id post up my new toy. Bought it to replace my extreme desktop i had as i will be travelling to Europe and can take this little monster with me and still have about the same performance. It blew me away when i benched it and it has so much more potential, with help from on here im sure a few of you will be able to help me get even more out of it, not that its needed but still fun.. lol

Anyways, few pics and result i got without really pushing it. Sorry for the quality, my good camera died few days ago.. :(

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5073210

post-7760-14494993993535_thumb.png

post-7760-14494993992713_thumb.jpg

post-7760-14494993993101_thumb.jpg

post-7760-14494993993331_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

Welcome to T|I @Clevorr we're glad to have ya. That is definitely a very sweet laptop, its an improvement upon the older Clevo design and I'm glad they finally incorporated kb backlights like Alienware. Did you utilize our vbios mods for the 680M? With those specs and the proper overclock, you will easily hit 15k GPU in 3dmark 11. How are the GPU temps so far? Other P370EM owners have noted high GPU 2 temps so I'd like to know if this is a universal issue or just isolated to a few machines.

Looking forward to your continued impressions of this system.

Hi and its great to be here, loving the forum so far. Yeah i love this rig, NO mods as yet and just did a very basic OC and was pretty impressed with the score. Yeah im reading up atm and would like to do the vmod that does the slight volt increase and goes well into the 900mhz range with boost. that would be sweet as base temps are pretty good so should have the room. Umm Yes your right there, i have found the same thing GPU 2 does run hotter but still doesn't go very high atm as its close to stock still..

But yeah loving the system, will do some more reading and might hit up svl7 for some help.. Thanks! ;)

Does anyone know how to set the fans to 100% on the P370EM systems ??? There isn't much here about the Clevo P370EM, more so just the other models and i can't seem to find anything on the net either. Is it even possible does anyone know ??

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Yeah sorry dw, found out you simply can't.

• Founder
@Brian Wow! Getting a Bit better now. ;) Keep going Brian ??? Maybe more memory clock ?

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5121938

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5521[/ATTACH]

@Clevorr looks good, the memory increase might give you a bit more. If you can increase the cpu score then you'll get a higher overall. I'm not sure but maybe Intel xtu may work with the Clevo.

Sent from my GT-N7000

@Clevorr looks good, the memory increase might give you a bit more. If you can increase the cpu score then you'll get a higher overall. I'm not sure but maybe Intel xtu may work with the Clevo.

Sent from my GT-N7000

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,CLEVO P370EM score: P13393 3DMarks

post-7760-1449499401658_thumb.jpg

Yeah @Brian Intel XTU does work but unstable at anything over 4.2ghz.. Probably due to settings and temp. Can't do any better for now as the temps won't let me due to the fans being sluggish and not ramping up when i need them, Clevo stuffed up there bigtime. The stupid fans never even get to 100% so i think that they went to serious on keeping noise down this time round. If i could ramp the fans to 100% i could get more out of it but no way of doing it so ill wait and see if i can do better with the AW.

:36_002:

Haha well at least you had a short lived opportunity to use the Clevo. You're gonna sell it after you get that AW right?

Hahaha. Yeah it's a shame really cause it's a nice machine! Just to "restricted" for my liking! And actually no, it will be specd down and passed onto my brother, he's gonna buy it from me at a good price obviously, I don't mind! Lol

@svl7. Naa that's the unfortunate thing also, the bios is so simple and useless you can barely call it a bios. Even on the old x7200,s you could set fans to 100% in the bios and can't do anything on this thing.. :(.

Yeah man, scored an m18x r2 for a steal price so I did it. Gonna swap the extreme CPU from this into the AW etc.. So the clevo will be downgraded and the AW will be pretty much like this clevo is now. ;)

Well, I guess I can make some more bios options visible... not sure whether they will all work, but might be worth a try.

Yeah it would definitely be worth a try for the people that have this notebook. Few people have put the older version of the sager bios with success but i couldn't be bothered stuffing around.. Its capable of more but the fan speeds let it down! My brother just plays basic games and surfs the net so this Clevo downgraded and with single 680m or something and lower grade CPU will be perfect for him. ;)

Edit: Also now know why GPU 2 runs fair bit hotter than the primary card on the Clevos. The heatpipe from the sink is longer and has to travel almost twice the length of the primary card setup.. I believe AW has the sink and fan assembly all in one directly over the GPU,s like they used to do it which was far better and efficient design. :S

(Slave ) 2nd GPU..

post-7760-14494994018093_thumb.jpg

That is quite odd considering they're supposed to be relatively similar in design... oh well.

I was thinking of going Alienware, but I didn't like the branding. I like a simple design with that high-end power.

As for Sager BIOS, can just email the Sager tech support with your model number/serial and hope they can tailor one to your PC.

That is quite odd considering they're supposed to be relatively similar in design... oh well.

I was thinking of going Alienware, but I didn't like the branding. I like a simple design with that high-end power.

As for Sager BIOS, can just email the Sager tech support with your model number/serial and hope they can tailor one to your PC.

Yeah not the best way to do it but its still a great lappy, just at a disadvantage to the AW because of it, but oh well.. Even the old Clevo,s e.g x7200 had the sink and fan pretty much above the GPU itself.

Yeah probably could do that, id most likely be able to find the bios somewhere anyhow but not gonna bother as i said earlier, im gonna swap out the best parts into an M18x and let me brother use this one at a lower spec config. ;)

Maybe when AW comes with a more simpler design that doesnt make it stand out too much, I would switch over. I'll be taking the hard route and dealing with the Clevo and its many frailties.

You don't like AW ? Yeah its not for everyone, some people just don't like the mega stand out look! lol But there are too many reasons against me to stick with the Clevo personally and get to where i wan't to be. Much easier to just deal with the AW, and i got it at a steal price so that is another big plus hence why im going in that direction.

• 2 months later...
Few people have put the older version of the sager bios with success but i couldn't be bothered stuffing around.

Sorry for the epic revive, but I just bought one of these and I'm running into the high temps.

Just wondering if you have any more info about this, or somewhere to read more?

Also, if you're in Melbourne we should catch up for a beer sometime. :D

P.S.: <<<<< I'm nicer than this makes me look. ;)

to set fans on 100% just push fn+1 together... i love my p370em got it from affordable laptops, p370em, 3740qm, 1x680m ,8gb 1866mhz hyperx ram,ocz vector 256. gona upgrade screen later and get 2nd 680m.... already ordered another 8gb of 1866 ram to get 16gb, great laptop only the fans are really noisy when on full load.

post-10359-14494994349824_thumb.png3dmark 11 results in attachment, oced and ov 1050v

post-10359-14494994348965_thumb.png

FN + 1 only works with sager versions as far as I can work out. Definitely doesn't work on my clevo/horize. :(

Reseller just got back to me telling me that one card at 70c and the other at 90c at stock clocks is "fairly consistent" and told me not to overclock it because warranty void etc (bite my ballsack).

So, problem is squarely in my lap, now I'm going to think seriously about starting to physically mod it for better temps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, 20°C difference between the two GPUs is totally normal. 70°C is a very usual temp... just like 90°C. Don't worry.

And don't you dare overclocking!!

:D

Seriously... those resellers never stop to astonish me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah i did like mine heaps. I experienced 15 degrees difference between the 2 GPU,s myself. Its a shame really that they designed the GPU positions how they did. Cooling wasn't top priority on this model unfortunately. Could have been a lot more efficient and would have been a lot better and OC friendly and the design and cooling capacity is the ONLY reason i went Alienware. Even with the m18x, there a still a few things i miss about the Clevo.. The old clevo x7200 had 100% fan force speed in the bios, it was just one click and i was disappointed to not see it in the P370EM. :(

You can flash an earler Sager bios onto it to enable FN +1 but i didn't see the point nor could be bothered stuffing around doing as i shouldn't have to after spending top dollar on a high end lappy.