Plugged in not charging help!

cjrulz101

my alienware m14x has not been charging recently ive done like everything i have opened it up let the power drain replug, i have reinstalled the battery drivers, i have used a multimeter and checked if the adapter was putting power through. On rare occassion it has magically charged then stopped. I am on 0% plugged in not charging right now and have noticed a dramatic performance decrease at low power. I do not know what to do now. Any Ideas? PS. I have the M14x R1

• Founder

Not sure the M14xR1 has that option but some models allow to stop charging with a Fn+Fx combo. You sure your isn't pressed?

Also, while the charger is connected and the computer is on, can you try pulling the battery and then put it back. Does the charging resume?

@cjrulz101 Theres nothing in the bios similar to what Michael is saying? Our Aliens a lot of them do have that function to disable battery charge like Michael said. Maybe go and make sure all Alienware software is installed if you have to reinstall them over the previous. Alien Command Center and the rest may have something to do with that function. As such make sure dot net framework is fully updated as well as windows updates to ensure Command Center is working right. It may not have to do with physical charging but the function to disable charging may.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

My M14x R2 shuts down for no reason when not plugged in, even though there is battery life.

Is anything overclocked? I only ask because its very easy to force cpu or gpu clocks even on battery and under my own testing on a different model you can run into power losses from the battery not having enough amps/watts/volts to keep up.

Otherwise do you mean you just get the shutdown randomly in windows like you pressed shutdown but you know you didn't? Perhaps a sticky key or even a virus?

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2