Flashing a DELL 7970M with a CLEVO 7970M bios?

Stormycham

Yes , i have a m17x-r2 , upgraded from Xfire 5870M to one 7970M

My 7970M comes from DELL and i receved it with DELL official X-plate.

I have no need of HDMI support and would prefer native fan control instead of lauching HWINFO64...

I have also planned to undervolt the card , i'm reaching 83°C while playing Crysis 2 ^^

The X-bracket have been modified , i've cutted the "branches" by 1millimeter in order to do a retention Mod , before this mod i was reaching +87°c

quickly and the laptop was cutting power due to overheating from the card....

Cheers ;)

Not sure if its per system but I have Dell 7970m in M18xR1 and it works with native fan control. I hope you get it working.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

To my knowledge, native fan control is card specific. Clevo version has fan control, but no HDMI. Dell version has no fan control, but HDMI. Other members in NBR have tried flashing for HDMI function with no avail, so the opposite probably wont work either.

As for your temps, did you get your card from upgradeyourlaptop (eurocom)? Was it a kit? Temps for crysis 2 have <82C on my R2. How is your paste job?

@StamatisX does your R2 with 7970m crossfire have native fan control and what brand did you buy? My 7970m directly from Dell ramps fans as normal in M18xR1.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

As for your temps, did you get your card from upgradeyourlaptop (eurocom)? Was it a kit? Temps for crysis 2 have <82C on my R2. How is your paste job?

After cutting the x-bracket a little my temps drop by +7°c ....

I bought my card directly from DELL , the x-bracket is an offical 7970M DELL to.

The upgradeyourlaptop kit uses a 6970M/6990M X-bracket.

I use IC diamond7 for the GPU and 0.5 mm pads (7W) from Phobia on memory chips and VRMs :)