M17x R3 + Batman: Arkham Asylum = 20fps avg?

atekk920

Hello all,

Im getting REALLY poor performance in Arkham Asylum with the settings posted below (Resolution is cut off but its at 1600x900, and vsync is off)...Ive seen it as low as 6 frames! on average it gets between 20-27fps at these settings but in DX9 mode im getting an easy 60-70fps....is this normal, does anyone have a similar rig that can share their results. My performance on this unit has been sub par from day one and I suspect an issue of some sort....anything DX9 runs like a dream - but the second i enable DX11 features my frames go to crap, of course i understand that DX11 is much heavier than DX9 and some frame drop is expected, but this drastic? any help is appreciated thanks!

PS...system specs can be found in the siggy

post-1219-14494992155579_thumb.jpg

You mean Arkham City right? Asylum never had DX11. But anyways have you got the latest patch? That fixes DX11 a bit but I get the same. DX11 severly cuts performance. Just play with DX9 looks great anyways. You could try DX11 with FXAA instead of AA.

It's alright though. Kinda playable. It's not like it is a FPS where it needs really good framerate. Although if I play 3D then I use DX9 as that cuts the frames in half. Half of 80fps I can definitely life with :)

You mean Arkham City right? Asylum never had DX11. But anyways have you got the latest patch? That fixes DX11 a bit but I get the same. DX11 severly cuts performance. Just play with DX9 looks great anyways. You could try DX11 with FXAA instead of AA.
Same for me on Arkham City. Average fps is around 22-30 with some drops to 6-8 when you "travel" fast to other areas.

Arkham City is correct, it was late LOL - I havent tried the latest patch but I did update to the beta drivers available from NVIDA that claim to "optimize" for Arkham city, Ill try the patch although it sounds like its a coding issue and not a system one. If both of you guys are pushing the 580m and gets the same frame drops then I feel a little better. Thanks all!

• Founder

Everyone has the same problem, its the game and not your computer. They are working on fixing it. Until then you should play it in dx 9 mode.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk