Need Help Fixing GTX 765m

I was told by some people that I would more likely find an answer by asking for someone named "SVL7" on this forum. I accidentally did bad vbios flash on my AW17x R3 on my newly bought gtx 765m (I learned not to mix up clevo and dell gpu's) and now starting with peg gives 8-beep no post (I assume no-post since blind flash doesn't work). Unfortunately, even before the bad vbios flash, booting in switchable graphics with the card in (works fine if it's out) causes the bios to freeze. Will work if I boot with igfx, but bios will not detect my discrete card and neither will windows/nvflash.

As a separate question, is my a12 bios EFI?

Original Thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-17-m17x/755635-need-help-fixing-gpu.html

I was told by some people that I would more likely find an answer by asking for someone named "SVL7" on this forum. I accidentally did bad vbios flash on my AW17x R3 on my newly bought gtx 765m (I learned not to mix up clevo and dell gpu's) and now starting with peg gives 8-beep no post (I assume no-post since blind flash doesn't work). Unfortunately, even before the bad vbios flash, booting in switchable graphics with the card in (works fine if it's out) causes the bios to freeze. Will work if I boot with igfx, but bios will not detect my card and neither will windows/nvflash.

As a separate question, is my a12 bios EFI?

Original Thread: Need Help Fixing GPU

You can try PMing him but I think you have soft bricked it... The only way might be to send the card to someone who has 18x R2 who can flash the proper vBIOS..

I don't think I need to send it to someone if I can get it to work with both peg and igfx right?

Has anyone encountered this SG bios freeze before?

EDIT: I also tried pm'ing SVL7, but I doesn't seem to have worked yet.

Nope that didn't work. Does anyone know why I haven't had a reply from SVL7 yet? Does he not look at messages or is he on vacation?

Im a bit surprised that no one has even heard of this SG bios freeze.

Ok unless someone can figure out a way to fix my switchable graphics (so I can boot on IGP and flash the dedicated card), is there anyone I can send my card to so that they can flash it? (anywhere in the USA)

Ok unless someone can figure out a way to fix my switchable graphics (so I can boot on IGP and flash the dedicated card), is there anyone I can send my card to so that they can flash it? (anywhere in the USA)

Well, I'm in Mexico, and FedEx shipping should be cheap. I am repairing now a R2, so I can stick it to the slave port and flash it there.

Ok Khenglish fixed my card for me and apparently he was able to boot in switchable graphics mode (unlike me) to flash it. I really would like to fix my switchable graphics so I can have a fail-safe to flash another vbios.

Ok Khenglish fixed my card for me and apparently he was able to boot in switchable graphics mode (unlike me) to flash it. I really would like to fix my switchable graphics so I can have a fail-safe to flash another vbios.

again, have you tried to clear the cmos?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So I guess that's it then? No one knows how to fix the switchable graphics problem?

I dont understand your problem, your card was initially flashed as clevo and you bricked it, after that, someone fixed it for you but you cant use intel's gpu?

if this is the case, you have to download dell display driver, or on display something like that.

I dont understand your problem, your card was initially flashed as clevo and you bricked it, after that, someone fixed it for you but you cant use intel's gpu?

if this is the case, you have to download dell display driver, or on display something like that.

Or use a modded .inf?