Gtx 870m overclocking..

Pretty good though, I have yet to reach anywhere near. Especially on the physics score. I have the same processor, but always sit at around 6800. You are beating my on the graphics score by about 700 though too. I settled at +75 and +550 and am nowhere near that number.

• Bios Modder
Sorry for a delay in posting this Klem. Here is my stock vbios. Looks like it is just power capping right now. I would like to squeeze out a bit more. I have the same machine as the original poster in this thread.

[ATTACH]12596[/ATTACH]

Flash vbios which i put in this page for Erik9519. You have absolutley identic version.

Awesome! Ty. Just got done running 3DMark and I hit 8089 on graphics with a +105 and +100 from you were at. I had to raise the voltage a bit, but temps are in the mid 80's at most it looks like. I may leave it right there as that is already a gain of almost 700 from what I did on my stock bios OC. About 1000 score gain from the stock clock.

• Bios Modder
hello,

I am very interested to overclock my GTX870M because this card is not powerful enough for my Oculus Rift DK2.

My setup:

MSI GT70-2PC 1856XFR Dominator

Core i7-4810MQ

GTX 870M 3.Go

Can I use the vbios @Klem to change that for @Erik9519 ?

sorry for my English

Nope. Dont try! This vbios for Clevo, but you need vbios for MSI.

thanks @Klem

I tried to change my VBIOS with KeplerBiosTweaker but I do not have enough of knowledge.

Currently my setting on Nvidia inspector are +59 on the core and +400 on the mem (with original Vbios), but it was not enough .

I try to post my results tonight on 3DMark11 with the current settings

Here is my VBIOS, can you help me to overclock my GTX870M correctly?

Vbios MSI GT70 GK104.zip

I downloaded sv17's modded bios to unlock the power limit and was able to get a stable overclock at 1117mhz (150mhz over stock boost) and 3000mhz on ram. Had to reseat the heatsink with TG-3 thermal grease to keep temps down but runs great. Got a 5130 on 3Dmark firestrike, up about 800 from the stock clocks. I also increased my ram from 1600mhz to 1833mhz and increased the power limits/turbo clock on my i7-4810mq so it runs pretty steady at 4.0Ghz now. I wasn't going to go so crazy but when I reseated my video and cpu heatsinks with the TG-3 grease it dropped my temps almost 20c.

Hi i downloaded sv17's modded bios also but i am unable to get 1100mhz on my core clock without it crashing. I'm currently running 3000mhz on ram, and 1.025v, and my i7-4810mq is running at 4Ghz. Can someone help me reach 1100mhz?

Update: I just needed to increase the voltage more, I am now up to 1110mhz and 3000mhz stable. Gonna see if i can squeeze a bit more out.

Link to stock clock 3dMark:http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4196368

Current 3dMark:http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4196570

Nope. Dont try! This vbios for Clevo, but you need vbios for MSI.

Klem, any chance you could modify a Clevo bios for an 870M to auto OC to 1060 Clock, 6000 Ram and 1037mV? I can't seem to get the clock to actually stay at max speed when running any games. Would OCing through the vBios fix that issue?

No, the OC one is by SLV7 if I'm not mistaken. I have yet to find the already overclocked one by Klem.

Hi i downloaded sv17's modded bios also but i am unable to get 1100mhz on my core clock without it crashing. I'm currently running 3000mhz on ram, and 1.025v, and my i7-4810mq is running at 4Ghz. Can someone help me reach 1100mhz?

Update: I just needed to increase the voltage more, I am now up to 1110mhz and 3000mhz stable. Gonna see if i can squeeze a bit more out.

Link to stock clock 3dMark:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4810MQ Processor,Notebook P15SM-A

Current 3dMark:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4810MQ Processor,Notebook P15SM-A

Im on 880m and I need about 1.037v for 1100mhz core and as I added vram overclock since it pushes the cores harder I needed up to 1.05v at my highest vram overclock o the 1100mhz core. You could try slightly raising volt a little more to stabilize 1100. I would test 1100 on no vram overclock then when you get stable apply vram OC again and you may need to inch the voltage up one or two steps from where you had it stable with no vram overclock. Cheers I hope you make some progress.

• Bios Modder
can i use this vbios with the notebook one k73-4n (clevo p170sm-a, gtx870m, i7-4810mq, 16gb ram, win 8.1)? many thanks for your answers.

Post here native vbios from your laptop.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...