Tech|Inferno Intro Video

Brian

Which intro do you prefer?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which intro do you prefer?

• First one with the small font + 2 explosions.
    • Second one with the large font + 2 explosions.
    • Third one with large font + single explosion.
    • Fourth one with reduced playtime, large font + single explosion.

• Founder

So while we wrap up the M17x-R3 review (likely to be combined with the M18x review) we decided to embark on finding a nice template for our video intro. I'm pretty sure we're going to settle on this one, give us your feedback and let us know what you think!

EDIT: We have settled on the final cut of the intro video. It's about 8 seconds long, has the full animation of the background scaling larger with the music, single flame and large font. Poll is now closed, thanks to all those that gave their input.

Official T|I Intro Video - Final Cut

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8dtml1i8A0?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8dtml1i8A0?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

• Thumbs Up 7

• Founder
It's great, but ~5 seconds too long IMO. Nice work though!

I can shave maybe 3 seconds off it max. More than that would destroy it.

LOL, iloveb00bs I think your nick should be Obsessedwithb00bs.

NP brian, just I'm on a slow connection, and I hate it when videos have humongous intros. Even 13 sec is more than fine, just when it takes 5 mins to load a 1 min clip, every second counts.

For you fast bastards, I'm sure it's no problem at all. :still_dreaming:

...Absolutely fantastic!! Really like it!!

Nevertheless, the writing could maybe be a little bit more readable... don't know whether that's the right word... the logo is great, but it could be more distinct from the background, more focussed... hard to discribe. I really like it, but I think people who read it for the first time may not be able to read it correctly in this short time... especially people who don't have English as their first language.

Just a thought... it's really a great intro!!

Edited by svl7

• Founder
...Absolutely fantastic!! Really like it!!

Nevertheless, the writing could maybe be a little bit more readable... don't know whether that's the write word... the logo is great, but it could be more distinct from the background, more focussed... hard to discribe. I really like it, but I think people who read it for the first time may not be able to read it correctly in this short time... especially people who don't have English as their first language.

Just a thought... it's really a great intro!!

I'm rendering a new one with a much larger font for the text. Once it's done editing, I'll upload a new video and edit the first post so both videos can be compared and you guys pick which is better.

after watching it a few times, imo the flames start to look kinda corny. i really like the burning effect of the paper. maybe have the words tech inferno burnt into the paper and maybe a little flames and a explosion of boobies at the end. hahahah

• Founder
after watching it a few times, imo the flames start to look kinda corny. i really like the burning effect of the paper. maybe have the words tech inferno burnt into the paper and maybe a little flames and a explosion of boobies at the end. hahahah

Hmm all of that (except the boobs lol) is possible but would take some time to do. Maybe for a revision 2 release we'll do something like it.

on my opinion the Fourth video with large T|I font, single explosion and reduced play time rocks.

loved it, nice job!

Even though it is totally boobless, i think it suffices. LOL :)

Edited by Bruna S
  • Thumbs Up 3

great stuff - fits perfectly with the official M17x R3 & M18x trailers, and will be a nice addition to the forthcoming t|i reviews!~ ;)

would mixup something of the 2nd and 4th, preferencing the larger font, longer duration flames in correlation with the smoldering, and the shorter overall time frame...

looking forward to it, and keep up the great work guys!~ :D

p.s. even with a fiber connection, youtube stutters at times due to their throttling... sheesh!~ :P

• Founder

Final intro has been settled on. Tried to take everyone's suggestions into account, this one has a single flame, scaling Tech|Inferno lettering, large font and only 8 seconds long. No further changes will be done for this revision. Once the M18x/M17x-R3 review rolls out along with other T|I media, this will be the intro. :)

• Thumbs Up 1