EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

I recently purchased a used m14x r1 from eBay and it will not shut down properly, i try to shut down through windows and it does the shutdown sequence but after my screen goes black the fan stays on and the laptop will not shut down fully unless i hold down the power button... i know this is bad for the hdd but i'm currently in school and i need to shut down and power up my laptop 4-5 times a day, any guesses?

i am currently running windows 8 64bit

Don't worry about the harddisk, this doesn't matter. Which bios is on your system? I'd start with a power drain, sounds weird but that solved such issues on my system in the past.

i'm now running the modded a08 from this forum but it's still giving me grief... i think it may have to do with the alien fx software, i've tried re-installing it but it's been no help

Sounds to me more like a power management issue. Like it can't turn off one of the peripherals and thus stays stuck without being able to turn off. Can you try shutting down from safe mode? Does it still do it? My guess is that I will shut down fine.

try also turning off usb power in the bios. That could be preventing clean shutdown. You only really need it if you still want to power peripherals or charge a phone while the laptop is shutdown anyway.

i tried booting down in safe mode and it's somehow even worse, the screen shows "shutting down" with the progress wheel then it simply freezes on that screen, i know it's freezing because my mouse cursor is visible and it wont move, i'll try the usb power idea and see what happens

\

well switching the usb power off in the bios didnt help, i'm officially stumped, will it cause any harm if i am continually shutting off by holding the power button?

It shouldnt in the short term. but its worth trying to figure it out.

I saw somewhere the logic on the led lights can sometime cause this. Can you try turning all the leds off in alienfx then try shutdown?

Other than that look in the syslog to see if you can figure out what service or program is causing it to lock.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By n0br4n
      Hello guys,
      I've a really weird problem. My laptop has started beeping when use nvidia gpu yesterday. I dissambled my laptop and tried to plug out every single hardware and test them one by one. There's 22 beeps and equal interval beetween them.  It goes shutdown after that 22 beeps.

My laptop is Clevo W650SJ and it uses Nvidia 840M gpu. That problem isn't causing because of windows or installed driver cos i tried to reinstall windows but it started to beeping when w10 installer check devices. Also I've bios password on startup , if i don't type password and hit the enter , it starts beeping after 10-15 sec. Also fan speed goes up to maximum and it doesn't slow down untill i shut it down or shutdown itself.

If i use any program or run a game which uses nvidia gpu , it starts beeping but if i close the game on first beeps , beeping is stops. But fan speed still maxiumum until i shutdown to pc.

I am looking a way to fix it. I didn't make any changes on my pc before than this problem.
    • By IronPancakes
      Hey guys, first post, but I thought I’d discuss my heatsink fan retrofit in my old M14x r1. 

Old fan was loud and not very efficient: the air transfer rate was around 2 cfm (I’m assuming cubic feet per minute). Finally had enough and decided to swap out the crappy r1 fan/coughing pinwheel for a r2 fan (rated at 10.4cfm). 

I found an old r2 heat sink on eBay (beware though that the heat sink for the r2 will NOT fit the gpu/cpu configuration for the r1. HOWEVER, the fan of the r2 heat sink it is attached to is a carbon copy fit into the r1 MoBo. A few philips head screws and a seal of good electric tape and BAM, you’ve got a significantly cooler and MUCH quieter intake fan in your old R1. 

My CPU temps from before were around 87-88 max load in FSX, 65 for the GPU; bear in mind this is after a repaste. Now with the new fan, I’m not going over 77 degrees on the CPU, and the gpu stays around 58, all while being MUCH quiter. I’ll post pics of the walkthrough if anyone is interested.

Just thought I’d share with all you fellow loonies trying to squeeze every last frame and degree out of our “portable toaster ovens with a screen and keyboard”. 

• By bigchuk00
      Hello everyone. Just got a used sager p157sm for a gpu upgrade project and noticed it beeps for a minute then shuts down by itself when under load. It does well when watching movies but when benchmarking the issue pops up. At first I thought it was the gpu so I unplugged it but still occurs. Now it's running only CPU and still does the same things after repasting. Temps of CPU remain along 80 - 87 degrees centigrade. I've cleaned system components and changed Ram modules and slots still nothing. Any help will be appreciated. 
    • By ahumayun22
      Hi People reading this post,

I've been having so many problems with the P640RE Def ||
      but in the last week or so random shutdowns while idle or gaming, I suspect it is motherboard 'cause when it shutdowns and I try to turn it back on it doesn't and have to wait some seconds also the charger needs to be replugged. On time varies for some reason. Sometimes it's 5 minutes or 8 hours?!!?!

Google Fu is useless here!

Thx,
      Abdullah

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.