Rage on M18x with AMD 11.10 drivers

Michael

• Founder

Anyone playing Rage on 11.10 drivers ?

I've been getting those annoying freezes where the screen+sound would freeze for 2-3 seconds every once in a while.

I found on steam forums that disabling Catalyst AI remedies the problem, and it indeed helped a lot but i am still getting a freeze every 2-3 minutes (before it was every 10-15 seconds).

What's up with AMD, can't they fucking make a driver that works ?

Anyone playing Rage on 11.10 drivers ?

I've been getting those annoying freezes where the screen+sound would freeze for 2-3 seconds every once in a while.

I found on steam forums that disabling Catalyst AI remedies the problem, and it indeed helped a lot but i am still getting a freeze every 2-3 minutes (before it was every 10-15 seconds).

What's up with AMD, can't they fucking make a driver that works ?

On Rage Jimbo had crashing but it was his cpu overclock... where as I do believe you have you hardware at stock clocks right now. I am on the 11.10 drivers from AMD the whql release and have some trouble with BF3 right now on occasion... like the game doesn't launch and goes to black screen... happens sometimes not all the time... i tried lowering my gpu overclock but it still stays random to me whether its going to load right next time...

so on the topic of 11.10 i agree Michael they make nice improvements sometimes and other times its epic fail. Waiting to see an update that actually brings even a 5% increase in performance and stability.

I'll have rage sometime soon i can give a test... it'll be a few days though. @Jimbo can probably shed some light on the subject though.

Are you using cap Michael? If so which version?

No, no CAP, just the WHQL 11.10 release.

I bet @Jimbo ran into the same problems if he used that driver.

I think last he said was crashing went from the time frame you mentioned to almost 4hours in between crashing...

I used various driver sets including 11.10 preview, was done by the time the WHQL version launched though. Definitely never had anything like this though. Fairly sure most of my instability was due to the CPU OC I was running. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1