svl7

Wait until I go back to Athens... ;)

@svl7 did anybody combine 2 PSUs for the R2? link?

Yes, aarpcard made a nice mod, there's not that much information around, but he posted some pics and the schematics, check it out here. There's some more information scattered in posts in that thread.

Is there a volt mod around?

Yes there is :D Check this out.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

cool thanks for the link, I had something similar in mind. Where I am I barely have internet but once I am back to civilization I will perform this mod for the hell of it. I only hope for the german ebay to be able to ship parts to Greece...

So when you guys start making the 440 watt PSU I'll grab the same parts and make a 660watt psu cant wait.. my most extreme overclocks I have had a shutdown or two that wasn't thermal related.

@DR650SE : Great work, I see you've been busy with benching... that's about another 20 points you just added, impressive!! I'll have to do all the "legacy" benchmarks too, I just need to get enough time for this. Will have to make sure everything's working properly before I plan such a session.

A little heads-up, with the latest submissions of DR650SE, @Jimbo (and some tiny points from me) we're now team #268 (global), but we still have to beat "the other forum", keep it up!!

Still looking forward to seeing mw86 throwing in some nice scores ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks @svl7, I should be submitting a few more tonight. So that should be around another 8 pts. How far are we from NBRs team? We definately need to get more people on the team. I know there are more benchers. I havn't really pushed, just did enough for points. Maybe if I ever had time I would do more.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 points missing to be even, 32.5 if [MENTION=5]Brian K.[/MENTION] changes sides ;) As I said, I'm planning to do all the older benchmarks as well, should bring some points, but might take some weeks until I find time. Haven't got a lot of free time lately. I'm also looking around for some cheap cards which I could bench and maybe fry with a voltmod :D

I just added about 8.4 pts. I have added some hardware though. I'm so tempted to flash my cards to a Firepro's, but if it doesn't work out, than I don't want to be out all that money. But I could rack up enough points to surpass NBR I think.

I'm definately wanting to get some cards too.

Edited by DR650SE

I've got to get around to running some more benches, I believe almost all my points are from two 3dm11 pulls on my desktop and a tiny bit from my old q9400. I love that chip, took it from 2.66ghz to 4.2ghz and down to 9.310 seconds on Wprime32m. Not many non EE quad cores managed to get under ten. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, let me double check this first... OK!! Cool, welcome to the team [MENTION=5]Brian K.[/MENTION]!! Hehehe :D

And everyone else is still free to join as well!!! Boot your machines and start overclocking!!

I just added about 8.4 pts. I have added some hardware though. I'm so tempted to flash my cards to a Firepro's, but if it doesn't work out, than I don't want to be out all that money. But I could rack up enough points to surpass NBR I think.

I'm definately wanting to get some cards too.

Yeah, can't say whether it works... in the worst case you'd have to send me the cards so that I could revive them. Shipping costs would still be lower than new cards, by far ;) But it'd suck to be without these beasts...

Anyone have some nVidia cards I can bench? Maybe 4870x2? Or perhaps a 6970? Maybe some CPUs?

As far as CPUs looking for i7 620M or 640M, 820M and 840M

PMd!

I'm going to join tonight, how do I join and where do i fill in TI team etc... some of my original benches i had to re-beat... I had to learn how the screenshots have to be so some of my originals I wont be able to submit.. good thing lol i beat all of them by more again... like i didn't know the whole calculation in super pi must be shown etc. I'm hoping i bring some nice points... also on side note I have 5 other systems i can bench ( no overclock) as follows... 4 mobile systems Intel Core 2 Quad q9000 @ 2.ghz (going to undervolt so its cooler and benches higher), Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 @ 2ghz (undervolted to 0.975 vid at @ 2ghz he he), Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4ghz not sure what model (i'll undervolt too), a Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2ghz ( will undervolt too) and an older desktop Pentium D 3.6ghz i'd love to pin mod if someone can help.... I can do Super PI + Wrpime on all of them plus on the Q9000 sytem I should be able to do a basic 3dmark 06 for it and if I could get a free or cheap PCI express GPU to overclock for the Pentium D I could do 3dmark 06, Vantage and depending on gpu age maybe get a 3dmark11 in..

• Thumbs Up 1

You can join here, just check "join team" and choose Tech|Inferno. Then you can start submitting scores, there's a button on the upper right corner of the site.

If scroll down this site you see a list with all possible benchmarks, and each has written "rules" next to them. Just click on the "rule" link of the benchmark you want to know the details, then you see some example screenshots. The stuff encircled red is necessary, the rest is voluntary. I usually only go with the mandatory stuff, that's more than enough. For GPU benches it includes the main window of CPU-Z and GPU-Z, for CPU benches you need to open several CPU-Z windows and display different tabs.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can join here, just check "join team" and choose Tech|Inferno. Then you can start submitting scores, there's a button on the upper right corner of the site.

If scroll down this site you see a list with all possible benchmarks, and each has written "rules" next to them. Just click on the "rule" link of the benchmark you want to know the details, then you see some example screenshots. The stuff encircled red is necessary, the rest is voluntary. I usually only go with the mandatory stuff, that's more than enough. For GPU benches it includes the main window of CPU-Z and GPU-Z, for CPU benches you need to open several CPU-Z windows and display different tabs.

Thank you for that. The rules you pointed me to earlier hence I mention the re-benching some stuff and I am very thankful you showed me that as everything of mine would have been invalid. Thanks looking forward to posting them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hehehehe, great work guys, we're now team #252... this means we beat Team NBR which is at #254 !

post-80-14494991842015_thumb.jpg

Keep up the great benching!! Thanks for all the submissions so far!

I will have to add some points as well... will bench asap, @mw86 already already earned more points than I did so far, awesome job!

I just got a 6990m, will do some benching when I have time, will probably take a couple of weeks until I can do it.

Edited by svl7
  • Thumbs Up 2