OFFICIAL: M18x Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

Nice run, Brian... here are my first runs with the new benchmark... me likey :D - wish there was a way to click "Run All Tests" without the demos for a complete run of all three. [H][/HR]Sitting on the desk, CPU @ 4.2GHz peak temp 87°C across all three runs, GPUs @ 1108/1150...

Ice Storm: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P161348 3DMarks
Cloud Gate: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P25422 3DMarks
Fire Strike: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: P8715 3DMarks
Fire Strike Extreme: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2 score: X4572
Got a slightly lower score on Fire Strike @ 4.3GHz running all three tests combined. Temps still looking good on CPU without anything but fans maxed out.

Scores on the other two tests went up.

3dmark.com - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M SLI benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,Alienware M18xR2

Will have to crank the CPU to 4.6 or 4.7GHz on cold air to see how the scores fare. That Fire Strike test is pretty brutal... especially the "extreme" setting.

• Founder

As always awesome runs [MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION] Futuremark was gracious enough to send us a professional key for the new benchmark so fortunately I didn't have to deal with the demo screens. ;)

@ Mr. Fox and johnksss,

why do you have so many peaks and lows at the fire strike Benchmark, is it because of overclocking?

Do you have this without overclocking too?

It must be a lot of stuttering (see attached image)

post-8335-14494994294853_thumb.jpg

Maybe it's because of only 2GB memory?

With best regards

LeonoeL

@ Mr. Fox and johnksss,

why do you have so many peaks and lows at the fire strike Benchmark, is it because of overclocking?

Do you have this without overclocking too?

It must be a lot of stuttering (see attached image)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6014[/ATTACH]

Maybe it's because of only 2GB memory?

With best regards

LeonoeL

What happen when you ran yours at stock and ran fire strike on normal?

I am on the work at the moment, so I can't send you my Bench, but I found another Bench with overclocked GTX 680m (4 GB memory) without stuttering.

I know, that I haven't this stuttering on my M17x R4, without overclocking, I will check with OC at afternoon.

post-8335-14494994294981_thumb.jpgSorry for bad image, can't upload bigger one.

You can find a better one here http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/707367-3dmark-released-6.html

Do you have this stuttering in an lowered resulution i.e. 1280x720 (maybe it's because of 2GB memory).

I don't think that it's because of to high voltage, because I have also the VBIOS from svl7 with 1.05V, and its not shuttering with default clocks.

That's not the vbios im using.

And I just verified it's because of too much voltage.

• Thumbs Up 1

1.1V that's realy crazy.

Hope that it will not damage your cards.

What is with stuttering it you only use the default clocks but with 1.1V VBIOS?

I'am shure that there isn't stuttering.

I think it's only the too high MHz.

But the question is, why is it because of too high MHz and why does the 4GB GTX 680m didn't stutter.

Maybe svl7 know's the reason.

1.1V that's realy crazy.

Hope that it will not damage your cards.

What is with stuttering it you only use the default clocks but with 1.1V VBIOS?

I'am shure that there isn't stuttering.

I think it's only the too high MHz.

But the question is, why is it because of too high MHz and why does the 4GB GTX 680m didn't stutter.

Maybe svl7 know's the reason.

Hi johnksss, I checked it now, but I did not have this stuttering at 1000 MHz with 2GB GTX 680m, maybe it's a SLI problem, when overclocked? [ATTACH=CONFIG]6017[/ATTACH]

In my last picture, I was in Single card mode. And it's only on this benchmark that this seems to happen.

...okay, it's only a Benchmark, you are right. We don't should spend to much time with that. Have a nice day and THX for all your friendly answers.

No problem. It's something we should look into, which is why im checking it out.

It seems to be a 3dmark thing while the others can run fine. So the next thing woould be to find out is....What is different.