OFFICIAL: M17x-R3 Benchmarking Thread

Try removing your bottom panel and shooting cold air conditioned air at the gpu. Though it may not net you much since you need more voltage.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

yeah i will take the alien to the server room after and put it right in the beam of the 19-degrees-shooting air conditoning. but then again, as u stated i probably need more voltage anyways ;-)

okay so the max i can get outta my 6990m without crashing 3D Mark Vantage is 864/1233 resulting in 17015 (booooom) 3D Mark Vantage! :D and as i stated before, my bclk max is 105.50.

screenshot to the 3D Mark Vantage run stated in my previous post. :D

post-1903-14494992150852_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

That is pretty much the standard way to do it. Just don't undervolt too much so that it doesn't boot. :) Also, overvolting doesn't work.

i did it, used the stock vbios he put into the zip file, and only adjusted the voltage for the 715 / 900 from 1.1 to 1.051. then i flashed it, no problems. i did a stresstest using Intel XTU and the card went up to smokin' 97degrees!!! :o I immediately stopped the test, reflashed the standard stock vbios with standard volting and it's all okay again. what the h*ll? O_o

true, i flashed it again and the fan is not running faster until i open the fan-control on hwinfo. then if i close hwinfo-fancontrol and stop the stresstest, the temp will lower itself (of course). but the fan will not stop blowing this fast until i reopen the fancontrol again. how can i solve this? is there a way to edit the vbios so that the fan-control works after flashing (the fan-contol button on the RBE is greyed out.)

so now i flashed back the stock vbios yesterday...kept an eye on the fans just go make sure everything is okay. it was until this morning..the card just basically died on me. it's not even showing up in the bios anymore... called f'in dell and now i will have to wait until the 23rd of december until they got new 6990m's in stock. asked for an exchange to a 580gtx as i don't feel like waiting that "long"...they don't have any in stock until january. so now i'm waiting for the 6990m's to get back in stock and i'm pissed at dell...no stock of whatsoever...f*ç%ers! :waaaht::fatigue:

now i'm having fun with my integrated intel hd3000...chargrined.png

Try the following:

Go to BIOS and load the Optimal Defaults.

Shut down your Alienware and take off the AC.

Remove the battery and hold down the power button for around 25 seconds.

Put the battery back in and power on your Alienware.

Maybe that solves the problem ;)

Try the following:

Go to BIOS and load the Optimal Defaults.

Shut down your Alienware and take off the AC.

Remove the battery and hold down the power button for around 25 seconds.

Put the battery back in and power on your Alienware.

Maybe that solves the problem ;)

tried it out, still dead...i guess it really did pass away then ;):(

yeah exactly! suddenly after a reboot it wanted to install drivers for the hd3000 and then afger a next reboot it had switched to the hd3000, the 6990 had completely disappeared out of any systemspec (device manager, bios). could have been damaged by heat when i ran a test before noticing, that the fancontrol is not working... the hottest reading was 111 degrees O_o

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.551325,7.620682

ps: nah, didn't try to reseat it yet!

yeah really =( they told me 6990m's will be back in stock on 23. december, then they will send a technician to exchange it. i asked them to do an exchange to a gtx580 just because i don't want to wait that long. but those won't be in stock before january, so now i'm waiting for a new 6990m.

=/ ;(

nice to hear =/ piece of s*@$ dell services! another thing i noticed that on some really rate occasions, the laptop won't boot from battery. the power-on / hd activity alien will glow but after about 10 sec just go out again. even if the battery is full. plug in the power , it will do the same again, the lights go out but then it starts normally. i will probably call dell again tomorrow to infor them of this issue, too. starts to really piss me off..

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.552159,7.620873

• Founder
nice to hear =/ piece of s*@$ dell services! another thing i noticed that on some really rate occasions, the laptop won't boot from battery. the power-on / hd activity alien will glow but after about 10 sec just go out again. even if the battery is full. plug in the power , it will do the same again, the lights go out but then it starts normally. i will probably call dell again tomorrow to infor them of this issue, too. starts to really piss me off..

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.552159,7.620873

Ask them for a new system. Not sure they'll do it but its worth a shot. Just tell them you need the computer for daily work and your warranty is next business day service which you are clearly not getting. Then make the case that a new system will arrive faster and be problem free. That's what I said and they agreed and sent me my new M18x.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk