Amd 7000M Series mid 2012 will it work in an M18x or M17xR3?

Just spotted something exciting "AMD Radeon HD 7000M series" ???????

Tech Info Zone: AMD's 28nm mobile graphics roadmap leaked Radeon HD 7000M

It looks AMD going to lose DirectX support??? i heard rumors about that, AMD plans to go back old school "Bare metal programing"....

No underlaying API between HW and SW :S

Edited by AssimilatorX
  • Thumbs Up 1

Very nice find AssimilatorX +1 28nm production is the other highlight of that too... The smaller these chips are the better the heat and amount of speed that can pack into them.

Edit: Exciting... So I look forward to the 7000 series I would go for Wimbledon a 65w 28nm chip with 256bit bandwidth. So my question is, is there a chance you could fit one of those when they come out in July next year into the mxm slots of the m18x R1 or m17x R3 and have it work... Barring we can get bios support for them? We got 6970m into m17 r2 so one can only hope right?

Edited by mw86

I guess there's problems and benefits... The lack of an ApI can cause more crashes but improve performance probably more than double in the least.

Hey every other software company makes 64bit and 32bit platforms so we should expect executables for ATI and NVIDIA pre packaged with our games. I know I've already seen some titles like after titles are updated you sometimes have the normal launcher and when it detects use of X video card manufacturer launches the alternative executable instead.

Edited by mw86

That could be true . If AMD commit to go down that way, they may got a good chance to overthrow consol gaming, pc could finally win. Both side right btw DirectX is a good thing until a certain point from a certain angle of view. But othter hand, DX just a brake holding back the GPU to releaase its full furry. Like in the past we had it with 3dfx, glide launcher for the big game titles.Radeon could be our new 3dfx???. Wouldn't surprised if that idea came from an ex 3dfx engeneer works for AMD now. will see anyway is just my speculation.

Radeon i beleive already superior, less problem less heat no PhysX... be honestly does anyone seriously missing nv physx efects? Does it really worth to cut the 3d performance so the GPU 30% calculating PhysX. Ageia HAD the right way PPU card....

Edited by AssimilatorX

Well AMD could be taking on the top dog in the mobile arena this year with the 6990M, if it compares to the 580m and they undercut its price than we will see more competition from AMD like we have already seen. The 580m not utilizing PhysX is still a tank and if AMD doesn't step up with its 6990m then Nvidia could win the hearts of many with its tank 580m. I hope AMD removes the API because that isn't going to effect game development... They are still going to develop them.