[solved] help with flashing bios

iloveb00bs

i'm a stupid noob when it comes to dos. I have this modded bios for the r3 but have no clue how to use it to flash the bios. i already made a usb bootable stick but i just don't know the commands to flash it. i saw some instructions but they seemed very vague.

here is some reference materials:

M17xR3 Bios mod released - Page 4

_____________________________________-

solved - see post #2 and #3

Edited by svl7
added [solved] tag

okay I checked it out and it seems you can just use your bootable USB drive hit F12 at the computers star which launches the boot menu and select USB device. Then command prompt loads and type in the exact name of your bios file including the .exe and press enter. That's it, it should complete and you should be a able to reboot and be on the new version of the bios. Now if you don't see command prompt after booting from the drive reformat the USB drive and add the windows 98 boot files through the hp format tool mentioned in our AMD VBIOS update for the 5870's thread posted by Brian... We provide all the necessary links to make a bootable USB drive.

Edited by mw86

That's right, it should work with just typing in the filename (and extension) and hitting enter as far as I know.

If you can't remember the name of the file, just write "dir" and press enter (without the quotes) and it will list you all the files in the root folder.

• Thumbs Up 1

sweet thanks guys gonna try it out now

ok got it to work, it was because i added exe to the end of the file name, once i took that off it was all good.

thanks agin guys

Edited by iloveb00bs
  • Thumbs Up 2